nlaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Athletic build with extra weight

I am a short athleticly built woman. 4'11 160lbs 33% fat (after having my child), and im fasinated with body building. I want to train and head towards that goal. Currently my caloric intake is at 1550. Im doing about 400 hours of cardio and some weight training. Ive been working at it for a year with limited results. My starting weight was 178 lbs and body fat % was at 40%. Any advice or pointers?

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, stop doing all that cardio and focus on lifting + diet. Go buy New Rules of Lifting for Women, follow the workout and diet routine. Read the stickies in the female nutrition and training sections.

If you're doing cardio more than 2x week for fat loss then you're on the wrong path. Many of us do little to no cardio

nlaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Yeah, stop doing all that cardio and focus on lifting + diet. Go buy New Rules of Lifting for Women, follow the workout and diet routine. Read the stickies in the female nutrition and training sections.

If you're doing cardio more than 2x week for fat loss then you're on the wrong path. Many of us do little to no cardio
    Wow no cardio? Thanks ill definately pick that book up.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nlaboy View Post
    Wow no cardio? Thanks ill definately pick that book up.
    Yeah, isn't that a relief? Unless you love cardio, lol. A really effective form of cardio is HIIT, and I do about two 20 min session per week.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Agreed on the focus to diet + lifting with some HIIT thrown in there..
    But I've always been a believer in at least one longer-ish cardio session / week <-- health purposes

But you'll find contradictions every where you read.
    Find something you like that you can do over and over that is sensibly balanced <-- that is the key to success
    Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Megin View Post
    Agreed on the focus to diet + lifting with some HIIT thrown in there..
    But I've always been a believer in at least one longer-ish cardio session / week <-- health purposes

But you'll find contradictions every where you read.
    Find something you like that you can do over and over that is sensibly balanced <-- that is the key to success
    Yep. Now my "long" session of cardio is a nice hike somewhere pretty, instead of a dreaded hour on the treadmill...
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    From the American Heart Association:

"We suggest at least 150 minutes per week of moderate exercise or 75 minutes per week of vigorous exercise (or a combination of moderate and vigorous activity). 30 minutes a day, five times a week is an easy goal to remember, however you will also experience benefits even if you divide your time into two or three segments of 10 -15 minutes per day.

Physical activity is anything that makes you move your body and burn calories, such as climbing stairs or playing sports. Aerobic exercises benefit your heart, such as walking, jogging, swimming or biking. Strength and stretching exercises are best for overall stamina and flexibility"

So once you add up all the walking, stair climbing, house cleaning, and gardening type activities you have your number for moderate exercise. Add up your time spent doing squats, lunges, and deads and you have your vigorous exercise. Odds are most of us exceed the recommendations before even thinking about cardio

Note lower body work counts towards aerobic, not upper body. Gotta move the legs to get the bennies.

greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do hate that I have to do longer cardio for my run time on my PT tests. I'd love to just do HIIT and plyos and still improve my runs. (sprints do help but you still need to do endurance as well)

ERR.
    *"Obession is just a word the lazy try to call the dedicated"*--not mine, but a great quote!

Protein is to diets what black is to fashion: It makes everyone thinner." -- Lou Schuler

~A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE WEIGHT ROOM!~

Thanks guys sorry for delay (vacation) i love cardio to an extent. I mainly do boxing but HIIT would work well for me.