Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Is £9,000 a year for Uni really worth it? srs

I've applied to uni but having second thoughts

brb being in debt till im 60

Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NoLongerLurking View Post
    I've applied to uni but having second thoughts

brb being in debt till im 60
    What Uni and what course? (srs)....and where do you see yourself after uni work-wise?

I can tell you whether it will be worth it..
    Must rep 3VANGELIST three times!

NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoLongerLurking has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Donster View Post
    What Uni and what course? (srs)....and where do you see yourself after uni work-wise?

Teesside, Psychology and want to work in Psychological field

Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500)
    To be perfectly honest no it's not worth it. The job market is totally ****ed. I have a 2:1 Law degree from Durham uni and I can't get a job. Luckily I have rich parents who've paid for everything, but my friends are now in debt AND jobless.

Now is the time to enter the trade business, perhaps become an expert artisan or crafter.

mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000) mapes345 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Of course it's worth it. Maybe not in the short term, but we're not gonna be in recession for ever and employment will pick up. On average university graduates earn 2.5x more than non-graduates.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

SSRabbitohs is not very helpful. (-500) SSRabbitohs is not very helpful. (-500) SSRabbitohs is not very helpful. (-500) SSRabbitohs is not very helpful. (-500) SSRabbitohs is not very helpful. (-500) SSRabbitohs is not very helpful. (-500) SSRabbitohs is not very helpful. (-500) SSRabbitohs is not very helpful. (-500) SSRabbitohs is not very helpful. (-500) SSRabbitohs is not very helpful. (-500) SSRabbitohs is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Bruceybaby View Post
    To be perfectly honest no it's not worth it. The job market is totally ****ed. I have a 2:1 Law degree from Durham uni and I can't get a job. Luckily I have rich parents who've paid for everything, but my friends are now in debt AND jobless.

Now is the time to enter the trade business, perhaps become an expert artisan or crafter.
    Not sherriff srs...You must have nothing else going for you.

Zeezprah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zeezprah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zeezprah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zeezprah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zeezprah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zeezprah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zeezprah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zeezprah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zeezprah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zeezprah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zeezprah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Donster View Post

This. I'm at uni now and am doing Ancient History as my main degree and am learning Italian as well. Possibility of teaching history / in Italy, and if not then I'll come out of it knowing a language with a degree in a subject that shows I can analyse and study the phuck out of something. Since I'm gonna come out of it with barely any debt it's worth it for me, but if it was 9k/year I wouldn't go for it.

Even at 9K/year our uni debts won't enslave us like the Yanks, since you'll only start paying back once you're earning X amount a year, and even then it's a tiny percentage of it, but just ask yourself if you think that what you're getting will be practical for you and if you wanna end up paying back for it. If you want it, go for it.
    -"i'm fawkin zeez bruh"
    -classmates call me zeezprah
    -i haven't heard my real name in months

black tee erryday crew musselsbrah's Avatar
    Location: East London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Man I graduated uni at the right time where it was around £3000

I feel bad for kids paying 9 G at uni, firstly u gotta ask is it a top 20 uni?

usually this matters, you wouldnt pay that much for a crap Uni..

secondly you need to have you career mapped out RIGHT about now, u cant wait for uni to end to start making connections, after ur first year, look for internships and jobs etc, if you're focused on your career and really make an effort then the £9000 could be worth it depending on ur subject

example, you need a degree for law, but you don't need a degree for something like property negotiating.

If you wanna become a doctor/dentist/lawyer/economist obviously you need that degree

but certain subjects you don't, theres alternatives.. all depends

Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Donster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

2:1 Durham? Excellent stuff...

Although getting a training contract involves being in London brah (srs)

MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Check out the student loan regulations, there is a time limit before the debt expires so you'll never be 60 and in debt. You need to work out whether it will benefit you, given your intended future job/salary and how much savings you have now.

Teeside? Where is that ranked for Pysch???

If its not top20 at least. Forget it..

Skarm is just really nice. (+1000) Skarm is just really nice. (+1000) Skarm is just really nice. (+1000) Skarm is just really nice. (+1000) Skarm is just really nice. (+1000) Skarm is just really nice. (+1000) Skarm is just really nice. (+1000) Skarm is just really nice. (+1000) Skarm is just really nice. (+1000) Skarm is just really nice. (+1000) Skarm is just really nice. (+1000)
    You won't get any serious answers from the misc, because pretty much everyone on here thinks they will be a self made millionaire by the time they're 25 with no need for further education at all.
    UK brah here as well, it's a pretty good loan all things considering. You only pay back what you can, not like a proper loan where tye start repossessing stuff.
    All in all depends on the course and uni. Obviously a degree in golf course management from London Met is useless, but a respected degree from a well known university will stand you in good stead if there is a job market for it.

Location: Misc City, BBington, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't worry about Uni debt.
    You only start paying it off when you start earning x amount of money anyway.
    You have 25 years to pay it off. So it really isn't that much out of a salary per year. Plus if you can't pay it off, you won't have to.
    I'm at uni now and I'm glad I went off to do Geoscience rather than sit around in an insurance company office 9-5 for the next 3 years, you meet tonnes of new people and most days are pretty fun.

black tee erryday crew musselsbrah's Avatar
    Location: East London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) musselsbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)

same man, I graduated Kings with a 2:1 in Law and haven't been able to land me a job in that particular field. I had a spot for the LPC at BPP london but i deferred it a year to keep my options open. I'm working part time at a property investment firm on and off till they find a permanent spot for me and to be honest i'm thinking of sticking to the property thing, i'm earning money nd have potential to earn a lot in the future.

Law was always my priority but its impossible to find a firm that will take you on with experience with the amount of law graduates and non law graduates who are applying for firms, you really gotta be the best of the best and a 2:1 don't cut it anymore for the big firms. And I wasn't gonna pay £13,000 for the Legal practice course and come out in uni debt, LPC debt and have no job. I took a risk with a different route but I already had property knowledge due to family being involved in it, i had an internship and then got a job with it.

i'm one of many people who have changed career paths due to he lack of jobs for sure lol

Amrit90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amrit90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amrit90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amrit90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amrit90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amrit90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amrit90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amrit90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amrit90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amrit90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amrit90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think it was worth it for me, it gave me time to think about what I want to do with my life. I went in thinking I wanted to be a Financial Accountant, 2 years into the course I realised it wasn't for me. I didn't know what I want to do and had a few ideas in mind, so I switched from Accounts to Business Management, luckily early enough to not get charged for the second year. I'm in my final year and have finally decided what I want to do, so I'm glad I had time to think about it, I will come out with a qualification so what I did wasn't a waste of time.
    ++ Positive Crew ++ (Founder) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144630141

Liverpool F.C.

Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500) Bruceybaby is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by SSRabbitohs View Post
    Not sherriff srs...You must have nothing else going for you.
    Well I'm not applying to tescos for some menial job... I've been applying for pupillage which I just can't get, not even an interview. There are some 15k qualified barristers applying for 400 odd spaces in London

Unless you have contacts or a degree from oxbridge it's very difficult getting a decent job in the UK atm

Sapporo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sapporo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sapporo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sapporo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sapporo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sapporo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sapporo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sapporo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sapporo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sapporo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sapporo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wtf it's that expensive? Ppl in Holland complain because students used to get money from the government, which will be a loan soon.

Before:
    - Pay about €1.700 a year for tuition
    - Receive free cash every month. If u graduate within 10 years, u can keep the money as a gift. If u do not graduate within 10 years, u have to pay it back.
    - Amount varies, depending on how much your parents earn, if u live on campus/dorm or at home.
    - Lowest amount received is about €90, highest can be as high as €500. You will get the highest amount if for example your parents live on welfare and you live on campus.
    - If you need more money you can get a loan and pay it off in 20 years with very low interest.

How the situation will be next year/in a few years:
    - Pay about €1.700 tuition.
    - Receive the same amount of cash, based on your situation. But now you have to pay everything back, it's no longer a gift anymore. You can also still get a loan, or you can get nothing if you don't want to pay back anything.
    - If you study longer than 5 years, the tuition in your 6th year will be €4.700.

But imo it's worth it, even if its higher like 9k/year. You will earn it back especially when you have a degree, and the job you get will be much better than doing some random uneducated job. Maslow's pyramid and everything, hierarchy of needs.

on the road to aesthetics algeriaBrah's Avatar
    algeriaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) algeriaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) algeriaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) algeriaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) algeriaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) algeriaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) algeriaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) algeriaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) algeriaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) algeriaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) algeriaBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you do a science degree it'll help massively. debt is actually minor when you consider mortgage, car etc.

complete waste of money if you do english, philosophy, film studies, art etc. you may as well kill yourself if you think those degrees will help you in the coming 20 years.

engineering or computer science will guarantee you a high paying job at the end

edit: saw that you want to attend teesside, honestly bro i don't know if it's worth it. the course you're picking is alright for job prospects but you should aim for a better uni
    guess where i'm from

shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Brb from Scotland
    Brb free university education for all Scottish nationals
    Brb among the top universities in the country
    Brb my university has the highest percentage of graduate's going straight into employment
    Brb England is a phucking chithole
    Brb brb
    In 1995 I had $7 bucks in my pocket and knew two things: I'm broke as hell and one day I won't be - Dwayne Johnson (The Rock)

Winter is Coming.

Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's only worth it if is definitely going to help your career. Which is the way it should be imo.

Also don't look at it as a loan because it basically isn't a loan, a much more accurate description is that it is a graduate tax. It'll cost you 9% of everything you earn over 25k for the next 30 years. If you do the maths it's not really that painful.

In summary, yea its worth it so long as you degree helps you earn more money long term.

thanks so far niqquhs

Not actually Fuzionite fuzionite's Avatar
    fuzionite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fuzionite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fuzionite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fuzionite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fuzionite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fuzionite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fuzionite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fuzionite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fuzionite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fuzionite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fuzionite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well I'm not applying to tescos for some menial job... I've been applying for pupillage which I just can't get, not even an interview. There are some 15k qualified barristers applying for 400 odd spaces in London

Unless you have contacts or a degree from oxbridge it's very difficult getting a decent job in the UK atm
    If you have rich parents and they don't have a network to make connections for you, they did it wrong.
    Asian dude from Milwaukee

~Trinity&LBM appreciation crew~

Location: Misc City, BBington, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dawes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by shanks1992 View Post
    Brb from Scotland
    Brb my university has the highest percentage of graduate's going straight into employment
    Brb brb
    Brb 3rd world

Ricky116 is just really nice. (+1000) Ricky116 is just really nice. (+1000) Ricky116 is just really nice. (+1000) Ricky116 is just really nice. (+1000) Ricky116 is just really nice. (+1000) Ricky116 is just really nice. (+1000) Ricky116 is just really nice. (+1000) Ricky116 is just really nice. (+1000) Ricky116 is just really nice. (+1000) Ricky116 is just really nice. (+1000) Ricky116 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Look at jobs. Look at the requirements. That will tell you if it's worth it or not.

(Every single entry-level job that I am interested in requires degree level qualification. No brainer for me, although I pay £3000 lol).

Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Brb from Scotland
    Brb brb
    Brb why don't you phuckers go independent already so we don't have to fund shiet like this.

shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shanks1992 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    Brb 3rd world
    In 1995 I had $7 bucks in my pocket and knew two things: I'm broke as hell and one day I won't be - Dwayne Johnson (The Rock)

Winter is Coming.

"Mark Rippletoe says hi" CHUNKUK's Avatar
    CHUNKUK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHUNKUK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHUNKUK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHUNKUK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHUNKUK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHUNKUK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHUNKUK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHUNKUK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHUNKUK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHUNKUK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHUNKUK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you cheeky ****, i will rape your nose if i have the chance
    ultimate no fap destroyer - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147914653

** ~Never Tried A Cigarette Crew~ **

" Im getting down on the fence on boxing day a piffing a full stubby at that rosey cheeked ******* broads head " - sunnyTEE

Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000)
    Brb from Scotland
    Brb brb
    Oh the joys of being a charity case. Good luck with your not being able to afford anything when you ginger ****s finally get independence goals in 2013

Lewwwww is just really nice. (+1000) Lewwwww is just really nice. (+1000) Lewwwww is just really nice. (+1000) Lewwwww is just really nice. (+1000) Lewwwww is just really nice. (+1000) Lewwwww is just really nice. (+1000) Lewwwww is just really nice. (+1000) Lewwwww is just really nice. (+1000) Lewwwww is just really nice. (+1000) Lewwwww is just really nice. (+1000) Lewwwww is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's honestly only worth it if you go to a good university and get a good degree, not some crappy fancy arts or something degree that isn't going to get you anywhere.

commonflaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) commonflaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) commonflaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) commonflaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) commonflaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) commonflaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) commonflaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) commonflaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) commonflaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) commonflaws is on a distinguished road. (+10) commonflaws is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Worth every penny brah, if it wasnt for student finance I'd have no gym
    Membership and can't buy any proteinz