zanmat0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Painful joints after biceps workout

Hi all,

After I do a bis/back day, my joints get quite painful and if i curl my arm too much the muscle feels like it's locking itself. Sometimes it's so bad that I can't even shower properly (because I have to bend my arms). Strangely enough, the bicep isn't sore, just that joint area where my arm bends.

Am I doing my bicep exercises wrong? I heard that you shouldn't do full extensions- could that be the reason for my unusually painful recovery? Would wearing elbow braces help?

Thanks for any advice.

JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by zanmat0 View Post
    Hi all,

After I do a bis/back day, my joints get quite painful and if i curl my arm too much the muscle feels like it's locking itself. Sometimes it's so bad that I can't even shower properly (because I have to bend my arms). Strangely enough, the bicep isn't sore, just that joint area where my arm bends.

Am I doing my bicep exercises wrong? I heard that you shouldn't do full extensions- could that be the reason for my unusually painful recovery? Would wearing elbow braces help?

Thanks for any advice.
    I don't know how long you've been working out, but I started lifting in March and I would get pain in my elbows really bad after a day of triceps or biceps. The guy training me said it was tendinitis and told me to buy some iced elbow wraps to sleep in when that happens. As my weight has gone up and I'm getting used to it, the pain is starting to go away. I'll still wear them after a long workout from time to time, but it's mostly gone at this point.

Originally Posted by JB1Million View Post
    I don't know how long you've been working out, but I started lifting in March and I would get pain in my elbows really bad after a day of triceps or biceps. The guy training me said it was tendinitis and told me to buy some iced elbow wraps to sleep in when that happens. As my weight has gone up and I'm getting used to it, the pain is starting to go away. I'll still wear them after a long workout from time to time, but it's mostly gone at this point.
    hmm thanks, I'll consider getting some. I've been lifting for around 6 years now and this has been happening for a while.

JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50) JB1Million will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hmm thanks, I'll consider getting some. I've been lifting for around 6 years now and this has been happening for a while.
    Hmm, you may want to look further into it then. I think mine was just my body getting used to what was changing.

vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

That doesn't sound good, but it may be nothing to worry about. Is it an actual joint pain or muscle pain in the elbow area? It sounds like something worth having checked out. If it's been going on for months and you don't think that it's simple soreness from exercise, then there's no sense in being a pxssy and avoiding the doctor.

Originally Posted by vincerich View Post
    That doesn't sound good, but it may be nothing to worry about. Is it an actual joint pain or muscle pain in the elbow area? It sounds like something worth having checked out. If it's been going on for months and you don't think that it's simple soreness from exercise, then there's no sense in being a pxssy and avoiding the doctor.
    I think it's joint pain because it's on the opposite side of my elbow (the side facing forwards). It subsides the morning after usually. Yeah I'll mention is to a doctor when I can.