Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Registered User zanmat0's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Stats: 6'1", 185 lbs
    Posts: 16
    BodyPoints: 252
    Rep Power: 0
    zanmat0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit zanmat0's BodySpace
    zanmat0 is offline

    Unhappy Painful joints after biceps workout

    Hi all,

    After I do a bis/back day, my joints get quite painful and if i curl my arm too much the muscle feels like it's locking itself. Sometimes it's so bad that I can't even shower properly (because I have to bend my arms). Strangely enough, the bicep isn't sore, just that joint area where my arm bends.

    Am I doing my bicep exercises wrong? I heard that you shouldn't do full extensions- could that be the reason for my unusually painful recovery? Would wearing elbow braces help?

    Thanks for any advice.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User JB1Million's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: United States
    Stats: 6'5", 246 lbs
    Posts: 314
    Rep Power: 81
    JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit JB1Million's BodySpace
    JB1Million is offline
    Originally Posted by zanmat0 View Post
    Hi all,

    After I do a bis/back day, my joints get quite painful and if i curl my arm too much the muscle feels like it's locking itself. Sometimes it's so bad that I can't even shower properly (because I have to bend my arms). Strangely enough, the bicep isn't sore, just that joint area where my arm bends.

    Am I doing my bicep exercises wrong? I heard that you shouldn't do full extensions- could that be the reason for my unusually painful recovery? Would wearing elbow braces help?

    Thanks for any advice.
    I don't know how long you've been working out, but I started lifting in March and I would get pain in my elbows really bad after a day of triceps or biceps. The guy training me said it was tendinitis and told me to buy some iced elbow wraps to sleep in when that happens. As my weight has gone up and I'm getting used to it, the pain is starting to go away. I'll still wear them after a long workout from time to time, but it's mostly gone at this point.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User zanmat0's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Stats: 6'1", 185 lbs
    Posts: 16
    BodyPoints: 252
    Rep Power: 0
    zanmat0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit zanmat0's BodySpace
    zanmat0 is offline
    Originally Posted by JB1Million View Post
    I don't know how long you've been working out, but I started lifting in March and I would get pain in my elbows really bad after a day of triceps or biceps. The guy training me said it was tendinitis and told me to buy some iced elbow wraps to sleep in when that happens. As my weight has gone up and I'm getting used to it, the pain is starting to go away. I'll still wear them after a long workout from time to time, but it's mostly gone at this point.
    hmm thanks, I'll consider getting some. I've been lifting for around 6 years now and this has been happening for a while.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User JB1Million's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Location: United States
    Stats: 6'5", 246 lbs
    Posts: 314
    Rep Power: 81
    JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JB1Million has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit JB1Million's BodySpace
    JB1Million is offline
    Originally Posted by zanmat0 View Post
    hmm thanks, I'll consider getting some. I've been lifting for around 6 years now and this has been happening for a while.
    Hmm, you may want to look further into it then. I think mine was just my body getting used to what was changing.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User vincerich's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2008
    Age: 26
    Stats: 5'11", 167 lbs
    Posts: 987
    Rep Power: 840
    vincerich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) vincerich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) vincerich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) vincerich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) vincerich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) vincerich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) vincerich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) vincerich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) vincerich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) vincerich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) vincerich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit vincerich's BodySpace
    vincerich is offline
    Originally Posted by zanmat0 View Post
    hmm thanks, I'll consider getting some. I've been lifting for around 6 years now and this has been happening for a while.

    That doesn't sound good, but it may be nothing to worry about. Is it an actual joint pain or muscle pain in the elbow area? It sounds like something worth having checked out. If it's been going on for months and you don't think that it's simple soreness from exercise, then there's no sense in being a pxssy and avoiding the doctor.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User zanmat0's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Stats: 6'1", 185 lbs
    Posts: 16
    BodyPoints: 252
    Rep Power: 0
    zanmat0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit zanmat0's BodySpace
    zanmat0 is offline
    Originally Posted by vincerich View Post
    That doesn't sound good, but it may be nothing to worry about. Is it an actual joint pain or muscle pain in the elbow area? It sounds like something worth having checked out. If it's been going on for months and you don't think that it's simple soreness from exercise, then there's no sense in being a pxssy and avoiding the doctor.
    I think it's joint pain because it's on the opposite side of my elbow (the side facing forwards). It subsides the morning after usually. Yeah I'll mention is to a doctor when I can.
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Biceps pumped after intense workout.
    By BulkHeadakakefe in forum Post Your Pictures
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 10:14 PM
  2. How Many Sets For Biceps After Back Workout?
    By Ceen in forum Workout Programs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 05:18 PM
  3. biceps sore after shoulder workout
    By CHSFOOTBALL in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 04:06 PM
  4. should i warm up my biceps after back workout.
    By guy_attitude in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 09:15 AM
  5. Weak Biceps after Back workout
    By VENGEANCE_X in forum Teen Bodybuilding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 09:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout