MrJoeyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrJoeyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrJoeyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrJoeyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrJoeyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrJoeyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrJoeyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrJoeyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrJoeyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrJoeyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrJoeyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Surgery on meniscus

Has anyone here had surgery on their meniscus at all? I just saw a surgeon today who confirmed I'm going to be having it. I have a slight tear. So its either being shaved or repaired. Won't know till its been done. But my question is. I've been working pretty hard in the gym. Altho my leg strength is not there. Did anyone do any specific workouts or anything different leading up to it. And what was the recovery like?
    Go hard....

Quitting is the same as not caring.

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrJoeyB View Post
    Has anyone here had surgery on their meniscus at all? I just saw a surgeon today who confirmed I'm going to be having it. I have a slight tear. So its either being shaved or repaired. Won't know till its been done. But my question is. I've been working pretty hard in the gym. Altho my leg strength is not there. Did anyone do any specific workouts or anything different leading up to it. And what was the recovery like?
    I didn't do anything differently up to the surgery. My knee hurt anytime I did any significant exercise so I didn't do that much. The recovery was trivial. I was under general so the day of the surgery was shot but I was back in the gym the next day. I had full ROM in the knee by the time of my first PT appointment (less than 4-5 days) so they just sent me home. It seriously was like getting a new knee. I put it off for two years and regret wasting that time. I had the surgery in 1998, so things might have changed a wee bit since then, hopefully only for the better. I did go pretty easy getting back into squats, mostly because I was thrilled to just be out of pain and didn't want to regress.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX