teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

olive oil question

is there a difference between taking in cold olive oil or warm (or hot) olive oil?

I cook with olive oil, is it a good idea to use a lot of it during cooking or is it better to take it in cold using tablespoon?

please help!

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up From the OLIVE OIL expert (haha)

All oils break down and change when heated or overheated.

Cook with it, use it for just about anything that calls for vegetable oil. Don't over due any oil, they are high in cals. I say use to taste.

Extra Virgin - Try it on a salad at room temp. (the oil not the virgin)

teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teen8ger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks
    you are indeed the olive oil expert

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, oils do break down when you heat them.

Cooking w. olive oil on low heat is a good idea, like sauteeing (how ever you spell that..) and such, but when they are used w. high heat all the efa's are altered.

I personally use olive oil on everything, and i mean everything. I keep a bottle on the counter and take a swig every time i walk by it. I must take in about 10 table spoons of olive oil each day. The monounsaturated fats are very important in my diet, and have proven to give me greater gains when keeping my fat and carb calories equal.

Br

thanks big red
    thanks a lot

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    big red - well said.