cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The National Personal Training Institute or Lifetime Academy ?

I've been doing some research online for the best way to become a Certified Personal Trainer and I saw both of these schools.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has had experience with these schools, which one you would choose and also your experience you had with them. Was it a positive experience ?

The National Personal Training Institute offers financial aid so that's a plus.

Thanks for the input.

http://nationalpti.edu

http://www.lifetimeacademy.edu

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Any education over $3000 [U.S.] should have industry value in terms of professional association. You can't really put a price on education as it is often invaluable, but as a service being sold in relation to career establishment, there should be some viable connection. Thus far, I have yet to see one as it relates to either of those programs.

In other words, take that money and go to college.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cheachea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    Any education over $3000 [U.S.] should have industry value in terms of professional association. You can't really put a price on education as it is often invaluable, but as a service being sold in relation to career establishment, there should be some viable connection. Thus far, I have yet to see one as it relates to either of those programs.

In other words, take that money and go to college.

Thanks for the response. The reason I bring up these schools is I tried studying on my own and it was extremely challenging for me to understand the formulas.

I was doing great with anatomy and the terms but when I got to the formulas I hit a mental wall. I was thinking being able to sit down and have someone teach me how the forumlas work might be the best choice.

You know, I wish NASM just had their own school that people could just goto that had dorms, a cafeteria etc. I bet they would have So Many people attend SRS.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I hear ya and believe me you are not alone. The business of personal trainer instruction is not as vibrant as one may believe so for me it's no surprise there are so few options available. Personal training is one of those rare professions where the client isn't as interested in the how as much as they are the when.

Just get me results. I don't really care how you do it or why it works is the general mentality.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Bump to see if anyone has experience with either place.

AJaensch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I went to NPTI and enjoyed it. I believe it was a good resource to keep me focused and learn and remember not just the book knowledge but how it applies in the gym and with clients. You also get to test with NASM free after passing the class, unless that's changed its been a few years, to help get a more recognized certificate. My big take away would be that it helped build good knowledge and how to interact with clients and create good programs. Also, at least where I took the course in Naperville, the gyms in that area were more likely to hire NPTI graduates over people with no experience and a certificate.
    I will say that if you put in the time and effort you can get a lot out of it but if you think you can just magically get the knowledge and skill then you will be wasting your money. If you are serious about this I would also consider going to college for it as well and you can get more in depth courses and earn a bachelor's increasing future possibilities as well.

I'm at work on mobile so I hope this helps and feel free to ask or pm me if you have anymore questions.