Closed Thread
Page 153 of 269 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 8051
    Smokejr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokejr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokejr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokejr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokejr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokejr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokejr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokejr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokejr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokejr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokejr2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    4x8-12 means you rep it 8-12 times. Pause for 45 sec then continue on to your next set which would be 8-12 again. Then do that 2 more times.
    Weight- 142
    BF- 7.3%
    Height- 5'4
    Bench Press- 220
    Deadlift-360
    Squat- 275

russgenious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russgenious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russgenious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russgenious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russgenious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russgenious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russgenious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russgenious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russgenious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russgenious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) russgenious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Doing babylover's SS again but my upper body is lagging big time. Any exercises that I should throw in?

Also, which do you guys think is better - chin-ups or assisted pullups (on a machine)?

Padraig123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been doing SS for a couple of months now. I am also bulking and taking protein supplements. I have gone from 76kg to around 83kg now and it looks like the weight has gone straight to my gut and I don't like the way it looks. I am 5'10. Do I just keep going and keep lifting heavy and eating a lot and I will see improvements or do I eat less?

boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boozebrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    6'2/6'3(notsure) 222lb, just an estimate.

im not ripped or muscle. what sort of goals should i go for, muscle up or cut?
    Last edited by boozebrah; 02-21-2012 at 03:55 AM.

ease1995 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    aight lads, so i am part of a bragging rights competition with my mates, i have a great knowledge of bodybuilding and all the theory and stuff. but my question to you is...
    is it possible for me to gain 20kg lean mass before the end of 2012 i weigh 60kg at 173cm now...
    i have the most weight to gain because my mates are taller which puts them at around 73kg, so i know i'm going to have to work harder and eat more than them, i just need to know if it is physically possible to gain 20kg in a year
    weight-60kg
    height-173cm

NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100)
    hey lads
    im sorta new to bbing and wondering if this working would be okay;
    1: FULL WORKOUT
    2: REST
    3: BACK
    4: CHEST / TRI
    5: REST
    6: BICEPS
    7: REST

i get burnt out really easy for some reason so im trying to isolate the muscles so it doesn't seem like a task to do it ( i know gym shouldnt be a task ), im varying up my routines alot to see what i like, ive been doing gym on and off for about a year due to back injures and other commitments as i just finished highschool, looking to regularly hit gym now.. im eating good for my age i guesse with occasional cheat meals, i also take post whey protien.. reponses repped/ needed

NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100) NtripleB is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ease1995 View Post
    aight lads, so i am part of a bragging rights competition with my mates, i have a great knowledge of bodybuilding and all the theory and stuff. but my question to you is...
    is it possible for me to gain 20kg lean mass before the end of 2012 i weigh 60kg at 173cm now...
    i have the most weight to gain because my mates are taller which puts them at around 73kg, so i know i'm going to have to work harder and eat more than them, i just need to know if it is physically possible to gain 20kg in a year
    no hope in hell, unless you eat absolute sh!t and dont do any exercise then maybe, but hello homer simpson

Originally Posted by Padraig123 View Post
    I have been doing SS for a couple of months now. I am also bulking and taking protein supplements. I have gone from 76kg to around 83kg now and it looks like the weight has gone straight to my gut and I don't like the way it looks. I am 5'10. Do I just keep going and keep lifting heavy and eating a lot and I will see improvements or do I eat less?
    the disadvantages of bulking, if you don't like your gut then cut, simple

Originally Posted by boozebrah View Post

muscle up, when you see your noobie gains, cut, then work on your diet and pefect your routiene

Originally Posted by russgenious View Post
    Doing babylover's SS again but my upper body is lagging big time. Any exercises that I should throw in?

Also, which do you guys think is better - chin-ups or assisted pullups (on a machine)?
    machines are not nearly as effective as not machine exercises, chin ups all the way
    Last edited by NtripleB; 02-22-2012 at 01:30 PM.

doggies2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is there a way to lose belly fat without losing muscle if dere is so help please thanks

Originally Posted by doggies2012 View Post
    is there a way to lose belly fat without losing muscle if dere is so help please thanks
    firstly you cant target areas that you wish to loose your BF, but for men it is first play fat is usually stored is in their stomach, its pretty complex to do but yes it is possilble to maintain your muscle while loosing your BF. what you would be doing is "cutting" search the forum and you'l find loads of information. Simply all you do is lower your carbs, and increase your protien intake, whilst maintaining the same ammount of gym exercises you would do if you weren't cutting.
    remember the carbs you take in must be less then the carbs you use throughout the day.

Windmillzp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Currently bulking. On the days I don't workout do I have to keep a calorie surplus? Like if I maintained eating the required amount of protein but ate a little less food as a whole on my rest days. Would that affect my gains?

6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. What exercises should I NOT do if I'm recovering from a shoulder injury (90%) (Dumbbell Shoulder raise (flys) is only exercise hurts my shoulder).

2. If my chest is weaker than all other body parts, should I do chest days twice a week? Or maybe push ups 2x a week + chest workout?

3. Whats my maintenance if I'm 6'2 180 pounds and 15% BF?

4. Ive been cutting and losing 4-5 pounds a week, only "sketchy" part of my diet is that I drink 2 diet dr pepper's a day...If i was to cut this out, Would It help me lose more than 4-5 pounds a week?

5. What's the best brand Sugar free Syrup, for cutting..and where can I buy it?

Anyone can answer, and appreciate ANY help even if its just one question..THANKS

Nickyd123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, here's a quick question, is there any way to monitor DRY MASS gains while taking creatine? I'm not 100% sure I'm eating enough calories to gain 1lbs per week like I want, and I'm taking creatine so the water's making the scale go up, I'm scared I'm not actually gaining muscle and when I cycle off creatine I'll be back at the same weight

NoXcusesBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting help?

Ive gotten to a mass level that I wanted but now I need to lose the xtra fat, (I was always big growing up.)

Any advise on losing weight would be great.

P.s. I'm not a stranger when it comes to working out. Been doing it for ~2 yeArs
    And they ask me, "What's your bench?" (As if they can measure my dedication by the weight that i can push.)

CaptainQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CaptainQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my maintenance cals with lifting are 2,4k,does that apply to lifting days only?

i eat 1900 when i don't lift and 2400 on days i do.

6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6PackUnderFat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can't lose just belly fat, theirs no just thing as spot loss.

While losing overall body fat, You will most likely NOT gain muscle..what you WANT to do is MAINTAIN whatever muscle you already have

BECAUSE when you lose weight you naturally lose muscle, BUT if your hitting the Gym HARD and eating 1x-1.5x body weight in protein than you should maintain MOST of your muscle but most people will lose a little bit. ( the trick is to keep as much as you can)

It is possible for beginners to gain muscle while cutting but its rare.

Originally Posted by Windmillzp View Post
    Currently bulking. On the days I don't workout do I have to keep a calorie surplus? Like if I maintained eating the required amount of protein but ate a little less food as a whole on my rest days. Would that affect my gains?
    You should eat just as much including protein on rest days

Originally Posted by Nickyd123 View Post
    Hey guys, here's a quick question, is there any way to monitor DRY MASS gains while taking creatine? I'm not 100% sure I'm eating enough calories to gain 1lbs per week like I want, and I'm taking creatine so the water's making the scale go up, I'm scared I'm not actually gaining muscle and when I cycle off creatine I'll be back at the same weight
    Don't become obsessed with the scale, hit the gym hard and you will have results. You should notice a difference in no time.

Originally Posted by NoXcusesBeast View Post
    Ive gotten to a mass level that I wanted but now I need to lose the xtra fat, (I was always big growing up.)

P.s. I'm not a stranger when it comes to working out. Been doing it for ~2 yeArs
    Im currently in the Cutting stage, and i'm losing about 3-5 pounds a week.

Obviously you need to eat around 500 less than maintenance to have big results.

But for me, I just ate really good foods and counted carbs/protein only and its been working great.

For you, i would try maybe under 150 carbs to start

Eat foods such as: Eggs(whites if possible no big deal), White fish ,VEGGIES, peanut butter organic, chicken breast(skinless), Lean meats ( turkey, ground beef, steak) , Green apple, Banana only once or twice a week. almonds, NO dairy NO sugar caffeine is a must for me as a lost energy at first from lack of carbs

BlueMaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueMaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueMaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueMaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueMaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueMaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueMaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueMaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueMaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueMaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueMaus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi guys, I'm new here, so sorry if I sound inexperienced. I'm about 6'1" and 125 lbs. My body fat is super low due to my high metabolism. I'm fairly new to bbing, just came off a 3day/3wk starter program and got into more advanced stuff a few weeks ago. However I'm not seeing or feeling any results, I can't lift any more than I could at the beginning. My question is: what's a good diet to bulk up fast, without supplements? thanks.

Originally Posted by BlueMaus View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new here, so sorry if I sound inexperienced. I'm about 6'1" and 125 lbs. My body fat is super low due to my high metabolism. I'm fairly new to bbing, just came off a 3day/3wk starter program and got into more advanced stuff a few weeks ago. However I'm not seeing or feeling any results, I can't lift any more than I could at the beginning. My question is: what's a good diet to bulk up fast, without supplements? thanks.
    go to the supp section and they'l be heaps of stuff on bulking

N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by russgenious View Post

In which areas are you lagging?

IMO, rear delt work and some additional back work is always a good idea when on SS. Chins are a solid choice. If you lack the strength to do them, assisted pull up machines are an option. Rack chins are also advisable for improving chin up strength.

Originally Posted by Padraig123 View Post
    Your choice. If you feel like your bf% is too high, then cut. If not, keep bulking. Take it slow and aim to gain 0.5 to 1 pound per week.

Originally Posted by boozebrah View Post

If your bf% isn't too high, bulk. If it's too high, cut. Your choice. In either case, you should probably get on SS.

Originally Posted by ease1995 View Post
    20kg of DRY MUSCLE TISSUE. Probably not. 20kg of WEIGHT. Yes. Take it slow. You're still young and have ages ahead of you, mate.

Originally Posted by NtripleB View Post
    hey lads
    im sorta new to bbing and wondering if this working would be okay;
    1: FULL WORKOUT
    2: REST
    3: BACK
    4: CHEST / TRI
    5: REST
    6: BICEPS
    7: REST

i get burnt out really easy for some reason so im trying to isolate the muscles so it doesn't seem like a task to do it ( i know gym shouldnt be a task ), im varying up my routines alot to see what i like, ive been doing gym on and off for about a year due to back injures and other commitments as i just finished highschool, looking to regularly hit gym now.. im eating good for my age i guesse with occasional cheat meals, i also take post whey protien.. reponses repped/ needed
    Do not use this set up. Get on a proven program like rippetoes SS or babylovers modified version. Learn the lifts, eat big and rest up. You will thank yourself later.

You cannot spot reduce fat. When losing weight, you will usually lose some muscle tissue. Boost protein consumption to roughly 2g/kg of bodyweight or more if you want whilst remaining in a deficit. Strength routines are also advisable for cuts.

Originally Posted by Windmillzp View Post
    IMO, you can if you want to. You could also eat at maintenance, but I would recommend eating at a surplus. Say 200 calories above maintenance needs.

Originally Posted by 6PackUnderFat View Post
    1. What exercises should I NOT do if I'm recovering from a shoulder injury (90%) (Dumbbell Shoulder raise (flys) is only exercise hurts my shoulder).

2. If my chest is weaker than all other body parts, should I do chest days twice a week? Or maybe push ups 2x a week + chest workout?

3. Whats my maintenance if I'm 6'2 180 pounds and 15% BF?

4. Ive been cutting and losing 4-5 pounds a week, only "sketchy" part of my diet is that I drink 2 diet dr pepper's a day...If i was to cut this out, Would It help me lose more than 4-5 pounds a week?

5. What's the best brand Sugar free Syrup, for cutting..and where can I buy it?

Anyone can answer, and appreciate ANY help even if its just one question..THANKS
    1. Do not aggravate the affected area. Speak to your physio if you're uncertain.

2. Get on a strength program. Rippetoes SS, babylovers SS are both solid choices for new lifters.

3. Use this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

4. Aim to lose 0.5 to 1 pound per week. 4-5 pounds per week is far too aggressive a cut, IMO.

5. I have no idea. Go to your local surpermarket and find a cheap one, I suppose. Stevia extract is usually pretty good.

Originally Posted by Nickyd123 View Post
    Not that I know of. Calculate your macronutrient and caloric needs using this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    Write down EVERYTHING you consume for a week and the amounts. Work out the calories and macros for these foods and see if you're hitting your requirements.
    You also do not have to cycle off of creatine if you don't want to.

Strength programs are usually advisable during a cut. You can usually maintain and in some cases, slightly increase strength during a cut. To cut, boost protein intake to 2g per kg of bodyweight or more if you want to. You must also remain in a caloric deficit. 200-400 calories below maintenance is usually a good ballpark. Just a few quick pointers.

Originally Posted by CaptainQ View Post
    my maintenance cals with lifting are 2,4k,does that apply to lifting days only?

i eat 1900 when i don't lift and 2400 on days i do.
    Keep things simple. If you're looking to gain weight, consume 200-400 calories above maintenance levels. This means on lifting and non lifting days you would need to eat about 2600-2800 calories.

Originally Posted by BlueMaus View Post
    If you're new to lifting, something like rippetoes SS or babylovers modified version is a good idea. Make sure your diet and rest are also in check otherwise your progress will be hindered. To help you calculate your caloric needs, see this link: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    Food sources you should probably look into are oats, full cream milk, eggs, bread, pasta, fruits, veggies, red meat, tuna, salmon, chicken, turkey, peanut butter, cottage cheese...the list goes on.

Hope this helps, mate!
    <<:::>> Founder, CMO, Researcher, & Writer at Spartan Supps. <<:::>>

www.********.com/spartansupps

http://spartansupplements.wordpress.com/

tumadre51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been using a split for a about 2 months but decided I should switch to something like SS or a push/pull since I'm still a novice. Could someone recommend me a push/pull routine preferably 5-6x a week, maybe 4? and a couple questions, I was wondering if this switch would get me better gains in mass and strength? Is there anything I could replace squats and deadlifts with? Maybe a machine press and rack pulls? Lastly, is it a bad idea to replace benching with dumbell press? Thanks in advance

edit: I'm in college right now and was going to wait until I got back home to switch over to SS because it's hard to eat a large amount of food while I'm here. My goal is really just to gain mass and strength as much the best I can and I think switching over from a split would be better for me in the long run. I also swim 3-5x a week if it matters

NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoobyWhiteBelt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

it depends on how much extra fat you have. the first guy that replied to you said he was losing 3-5 pounds / week. the only way thats healthy to do, is if he is morbidly obese (im not calling you out, random guy). if you are healthy, do NOT try to lose 3-5 pounds/week... thats extremely unhealthy, unless you're morbidly obese. 1 pound of fat = 3500 calories. take 500 LESS calories per day, and you'll lose 1 pound of fat per week. which is healthy. you dont want to lose more than 1.5 pounds per week.

shanerambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanerambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanerambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanerambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Wink 1st question

What do you think is the best pre workout meal and how soon before a workout should i have it. Ive been using peanut butter as i have no protein but i will have some in a few days

Xercis is not very well liked. (-100) Xercis is not very well liked. (-100) Xercis is not very well liked. (-100) Xercis is not very well liked. (-100) Xercis is not very well liked. (-100) Xercis is not very well liked. (-100) Xercis is not very well liked. (-100) Xercis is not very well liked. (-100) Xercis is not very well liked. (-100) Xercis is not very well liked. (-100) Xercis is not very well liked. (-100)
    What happens if a skinny guy, like me for say? Trains hard but isnt eating enough? With a lower calorie intake than I should have for maintenance? Nothing?

Φ United Misc Frat Φ TheBoyBoyJesse's Avatar
    TheBoyBoyJesse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBoyBoyJesse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBoyBoyJesse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBoyBoyJesse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBoyBoyJesse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBoyBoyJesse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBoyBoyJesse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBoyBoyJesse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBoyBoyJesse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBoyBoyJesse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheBoyBoyJesse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    After reading the SS FAQ, I still don't understand the workout A/B thing. Do I alternate A and B, doing one per week? So 3 days a week? Or is it 6 days a week. Sorry if I sound retarded, please don't neg

dberb11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dberb11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive been training for a year now ive had gyno for 3 years im 15 , should i take tamoxifen for my gyno and will it be bad for my training ?

Closed Thread
Page 153 of 269 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast