Closed Thread
Page 11 of 269 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by fafaedras View Post
    Ok, so what difference does a hammer curl/simple db curl/simple bb curl/preacher curl/concentration curl have? They all do the same, no?
    The problem with bicep training is its lack of variation in many ways. Lots of exercises, but basically they come down to the very same thing, curl the arm. This may be a problem to some, but it is easily overcome by looking at different kinds of curls as different kinds of exercises. You'll feel a difference as the pressure shifts from one end to the other anyway, so the next step isn't far away.

That is often the problem with many trainers, they think one curl is the same as the next. They often think that as long as they do some kind of curling motion, they will sprout full thick and complete biceps which is of course not true. If it doesn't hold true for muscles like forearms, calves and traps, what would make it true for a muscle that is as shapely and obvious as the biceps?

These amateuristic practices lead to incomplete development, one head dwarfs the other, there is a huge gap between the end of the bi and the elbow and so forth, all things that cost a lot of time to repair and rectify and a trap most young bodybuilders fall into. I myself am no exception, and though my arms grew rather fast, having to correct matters while building them did take some of the fun out of it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ice12.htm

Have a read at that.
    Workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144733871&p=880303301#post880303301

Type 1 Diabetic since July of 2008
    My story: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=704147501#post704147501

fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by VinniePaz View Post
    The problem with bicep training is its lack of variation in many ways. Lots of exercises, but basically they come down to the very same thing, curl the arm. This may be a problem to some, but it is easily overcome by looking at different kinds of curls as different kinds of exercises. You'll feel a difference as the pressure shifts from one end to the other anyway, so the next step isn't far away.

That is often the problem with many trainers, they think one curl is the same as the next. They often think that as long as they do some kind of curling motion, they will sprout full thick and complete biceps which is of course not true. If it doesn't hold true for muscles like forearms, calves and traps, what would make it true for a muscle that is as shapely and obvious as the biceps?

These amateuristic practices lead to incomplete development, one head dwarfs the other, there is a huge gap between the end of the bi and the elbow and so forth, all things that cost a lot of time to repair and rectify and a trap most young bodybuilders fall into. I myself am no exception, and though my arms grew rather fast, having to correct matters while building them did take some of the fun out of it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ice12.htm

Have a read at that.
    Thanks. I will.

Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1) Measure/weigh your chicken/meat. (Sometimes nutritional facts as well)
    2) Don't worry about what foods, make sure you hit your macros. As for calculating them I did that with my doctor, I'll pass that one on to S.H, he might know a good program on the interweb.
    3) SS is a program geared toward strength. "Starting Strength" was created by Mark Rippetoe. Here is a link to the beginner/novice program
    4) I get MOST of my fats from whole milk, and nuts.
    Thanks. I had a look at the Starting Strength program and wow it looks complicated. I'm in a bit of an annoying situation where my closest gym is 30 mins walk. I'm not sure about the facilities that the closest gym has but my old gym (now 50 minutes journey) had

Leg extension machine
    Seated row
    Chest press
    Lat pull down
    Pectoral fly
    Free weights
    Mats for floor exercises
    Smith machine
    Squat rack

The SS program says things like "power cleans" that i've googled. I'm not particularly strong and wouldn't be very comfortable doing those kind of lifts. I like the machine's though. Perhaps I should get a personal trainer?

Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sixthcutuan View Post
    I'm not particularly strong and wouldn't be very comfortable doing those kind of lifts. I like the machine's though. Perhaps I should get a personal trainer?
    No. use free weights.

And if you don't want to clean, don't do it. but thats one of the ****tiest reasons i've seen in a while. If you cant clean 45lb, you have problems.
    385lb x 1 dead
    205lb x 1 bench (Post-injury)
    285lb x 5 squat

Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sixthcutuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Steven119 View Post
    No. use free weights.

And if you don't want to clean, don't do it. but thats one of the ****tiest reasons i've seen in a while. If you cant clean 45lb, you have problems.
    Thanks. I have no idea what "clean" means though.

Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000)

2) How do I calculate what my normal rate should be to find my deficit? To maintain this daily are there any low calorie foods that I should be eating that will also help my cutting?
    BMR Calculator

That should be a good rough estimate. Add or subtract 500 calories from that. If you are not losing/gaining around a pound a week, add/subtract a hundred or so more. Do this until you're losing/gaining 1lb a week for the most part.

Thanks. I had a look at the Starting Strength program and wow it looks complicated. I'm in a bit of an annoying situation where my closest gym is 30 mins walk. I'm not sure about the facilities that the closest gym has but my old gym (now 50 minutes journey) had

Leg extension machine
    Seated row
    Chest press
    Lat pull down
    Pectoral fly
    Free weights
    Mats for floor exercises
    Smith machine
    Squat rack

The SS program says things like "power cleans" that i've googled. I'm not particularly strong and wouldn't be very comfortable doing those kind of lifts. I like the machine's though. Perhaps I should get a personal trainer?
    Use the free weights. Don't be afraid or dismantled about starting very light. Getting the form down is most important. The link below allows you to do a search and see how to perform such exercises.

Exercises

My advice is just to start off slow, work through the frustration and in the end you will be most happy you did.

Originally Posted by Steven119 View Post
    No. use free weights.

No need for such hostility. You did check the title of this thread and read the first page, I hope.

Thanks. I have no idea what "clean" means though.
    He means 'power clean'.
    www.bodyology.me

"Be Audacious."

Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    FUARK YOOOU </3
    0/5....
    notsrs
    Fixed
    www.bodyology.me

"Be Audacious."

robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    does creatine push water into only the muscles you work or does it push water into all of them regardless of whether you your working them or not?

VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VinniePaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by robwolseley View Post
    does creatine push water into only the muscles you work or does it push water into all of them regardless of whether you your working them or not?
    This is a difficult question to answer, because a lot of the information about creatine and water retention is "broscience". Most creatine does NOT have extreme, or even any water retention. But it depends on the creatine.
    Let's take creatine monohydrate for example, there are 2 ways it works.
    1. Intra-cellular water retention.
    2. Creatine's ability to enhance ATP production.
    Basically, once the creatine is stored inside the muscle cell, it attracts the water surrounding such cell thereby enlarging it. This super hydrated state of the cell causes nice side effects such as the increase of strength and it also gives the appearance of a fuller muscle. Some studies suggest that a super hydrated cell may also trigger protein synthesis and minimize catabolism.

Cliffs:
    Water retention, but it is not as extreme as the media seems to hype it
    Creatine "hydrates" cells
    Creatine helps recovery between sets, and helps with higher volume

http://bodybuilding.about.com/od/sup...a/creatine.htm

Read the article, I love this, easy read but very to the point.
    Workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144733871&p=880303301#post880303301

My story: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=704147501#post704147501

Originally Posted by Strength.Honor View Post
    Fixed
    <3somuchhomo(nohomo?)
    Workout log:

CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CPTKCP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Underjaw bloat and chipmunk cheeks. Clearly it seems to be mainly controlled by genetics. When I was 140 and skinny as ****, I still had these. I control different levels of water retention, different BF%, yet nonetheless they're pretty much always there. Curious if it's an estrogen vs testosterone sort of thing. At 19 years old I can assume I'm not fully done growing / with puberty yet and so I'll wait it out... But I'm curious if there's anything that could be done about this, even if it's only anecdotal.

Opinions/thoughts?
    http://www.amazon.com/Overcoming-Gravity-Systematic-Gymnastics-Bodyweight/dp/1467933120/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1321939932&sr=8-2

robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) robwolseley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks brah awesome thread keep it up! really helpful

Tigur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do you know how many calories you lose in a day?

Originally Posted by Tigur View Post
    How do you know how many calories you lose in a day?
    All the walking etc. you do is very hard to count. The only things I count as losing cals are high intensity sports (sprinting, football, jogging etc), anything other then that is sublimal and doesnt count.
    Workout log:

Tigur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All the walking etc. you do is very hard to count. The only things I count as losing cals are high intensity sports (sprinting, football, jogging etc), anything other then that is sublimal and doesnt count.
    Thanks.

kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Check my comments in bold.

For the most part looks good. Might want to lower your rep range at times with the chest presses.
    I pretty much work on my calves after workout. Jump roping pretty much does the trick for me. Plus i do alot of sprints and soccer for it. Yea i forgot about DB shoulder press... Btw is there research regarding duration of training and catabolism?

345ehfg346nger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 345ehfg346nger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 345ehfg346nger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 345ehfg346nger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 345ehfg346nger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 345ehfg346nger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 345ehfg346nger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 345ehfg346nger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 345ehfg346nger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 345ehfg346nger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 345ehfg346nger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I was at the gym this morning, I had finished my DB Bench Press and sat down to start Pec Decks. This big, but loud guy came running up to me and said I had bad form. He went on saying that I should pick a point towards my feet and then lift the weight up on DB Presses. He told me that if I keep using the form I'm currently doing, I'm going to completely tear my rotator cuff down the line and won't ever be able to lift again.

I didn't know whether to believe him or not, so I figured asking here would be best. I'll try it next time I go, just to see if it helps form or what not. Anyone disagree?

Kingmarchil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingmarchil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingmarchil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingmarchil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingmarchil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingmarchil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingmarchil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingmarchil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingmarchil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingmarchil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingmarchil will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    will i look skinny fat cutting at @1800 if my maintenance is 2800? around 25% bf 220 lbs, planning to hit atleast 13%-10% at 170 lbs. that is if i didnt lose much mass.
    Last edited by Kingmarchil; 07-04-2011 at 08:35 PM.

spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kingmarchil View Post
    will i look skinny fat @1800 if my maintenance is 2800? around 25% bf 220 lbs, planning to hit atleast 13%-10% at 170 lbs. that is if i didnt lose any muscle mass.
    Too aggressive of a cut. It didn't take you a month to gain all of that fat, it won't take you a month to lose it all. NEVER go under 2k calories if you are a reasonably active male, in your case I would shoot for around 2200 and add in small amounts of cardio for a relatively quick cut.

hds917 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hds917 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hds917 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hds917 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hds917 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hds917 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hds917 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hds917 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hds917 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hds917 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hds917 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to smoke a lot, but I haven't smoked a cigarette in a whole year since I started bodybuilding. Tonight, I smoked my first cigarette in a year. Should it effect my cardiovascular performance in the gym tomorrow morning too much?

nymelo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm assuming you don't live near by a Costco so getting the 6lbs for $30 is out.

My second choice would be Myofusion Strawberry, and then either Muscle Milk or Syntha-6. I guess compare prices to the amount of servings and go for which is the most for your money. Also take into consideration the amount of grams of protein per serving as well.
    I actually do live a couple minutes from a costco. Never thought they would be selling this sort of stuff though. I'll be heading down there tomorrow. Thanks

wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    a few questions about 5x5.
    i'll probably do 5x5 instead of ss, so i got a couple questions
    1) the row, does it have to be barbell or can i use one hand db row? (i'm having a hard time learning a good form with the bb row)
    2) the routine is:
    Monday:
    Squat 5x5
    Bench 5x5
    Row/Clean 5x5

Wednesday:
    Squat 4x5
    Incline/Overhead 4x5
    Deadlift 4x5

Friday:
    Squat 4x5+1x3+1x8
    Bench 4x5+1x3+1x8
    Row/Clean 4x5+1x3+1x8

so, how does that sound?
    adding those exercises (still haven't decided which days)
    pullups
    dips
    maybe some ab work
    maybe another chest exercise? or is that unneccesery?

kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinvee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wh2o View Post
    a few questions about 5x5.
    i'll probably do 5x5 instead of ss, so i got a couple questions
    1) the row, does it have to be barbell or can i use one hand db row? (i'm having a hard time learning a good form with the bb row)
    2) the routine is:
    Monday:
    Squat 5x5
    Bench 5x5
    Row/Clean 5x5

Wednesday:
    Squat 4x5
    Incline/Overhead 4x5
    Deadlift 4x5

Friday:
    Squat 4x5+1x3+1x8
    Bench 4x5+1x3+1x8
    Row/Clean 4x5+1x3+1x8

so, how does that sound?
    adding those exercises (still haven't decided which days)
    pullups
    dips
    maybe some ab work
    maybe another chest exercise? or is that unneccesery?
    Try to learn BB Rows. One arm DB rows don't recruit as much muscle fiber as BB rows. Assuming that you're still a beginner. Forget about adding pull ups and dips.

wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wh2o is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kevinvee View Post
    Try to learn BB Rows. One arm DB rows don't recruit as much muscle fiber as BB rows. Assuming that you're still a beginner. Forget about adding pull ups and dips.
    ok i'll try to learn it.
    i'm in the gym about 6 months, quite a begginer...
    but how could it hurt my progress if i add a couple exercises?

6 months is quite long. Thought you just literally started . Sure add them.. Just make sure you eat sh*tloads for gains!

Originally Posted by CPTKCP View Post
    Underjaw bloat and chipmunk cheeks. Clearly it seems to be mainly controlled by genetics. When I was 140 and skinny as ****, I still had these. I control different levels of water retention, different BF%, yet nonetheless they're pretty much always there. Curious if it's an estrogen vs testosterone sort of thing. At 19 years old I can assume I'm not fully done growing / with puberty yet and so I'll wait it out... But I'm curious if there's anything that could be done about this, even if it's only anecdotal.

Opinions/thoughts?
    Everyone's fat stores are different. Apparently yours is in your neck/jaw/cheeks. This means that even though the rest of your body can be 'skinny' you'll still hold the most fat in those areas.

It may just be something you grow out of, or you may just need to be very lean for it to start to disappear. I wouldn't bother trying to do anything about it. I doubt anything would be that effective other than cutting to sub 10% body fat.

Originally Posted by kevinvee View Post
    I pretty much work on my calves after workout. Jump roping pretty much does the trick for me. Plus i do alot of sprints and soccer for it. Yea i forgot about DB shoulder press... Btw is there research regarding duration of training and catabolism?
    Whatever works for you. As for the research, I haven't read any literature on it. Maybe someone else can chime in with some help?

Originally Posted by ryanforget View Post
    When I was at the gym this morning, I had finished my DB Bench Press and sat down to start Pec Decks. This big, but loud guy came running up to me and said I had bad form. He went on saying that I should pick a point towards my feet and then lift the weight up on DB Presses. He told me that if I keep using the form I'm currently doing, I'm going to completely tear my rotator cuff down the line and won't ever be able to lift again.

I didn't know whether to believe him or not, so I figured asking here would be best. I'll try it next time I go, just to see if it helps form or what not. Anyone disagree?
    To be honest, I don't know what he's trying to say. Could you explain it further? How were you doing them before?

Dumbbell Bench Press

Originally Posted by hds917 View Post
    I used to smoke a lot, but I haven't smoked a cigarette in a whole year since I started bodybuilding. Tonight, I smoked my first cigarette in a year. Should it effect my cardiovascular performance in the gym tomorrow morning too much?
    No, it shouldn't affect anything.

Originally Posted by nymelo View Post
    I actually do live a couple minutes from a costco. Never thought they would be selling this sort of stuff though. I'll be heading down there tomorrow. Thanks
    Good man.
    www.bodyology.me

"Be Audacious."

Registered User straightrippin3's Avatar
    straightrippin3 is a name known to all. (+5000) straightrippin3 is a name known to all. (+5000) straightrippin3 is a name known to all. (+5000) straightrippin3 is a name known to all. (+5000) straightrippin3 is a name known to all. (+5000) straightrippin3 is a name known to all. (+5000) straightrippin3 is a name known to all. (+5000) straightrippin3 is a name known to all. (+5000) straightrippin3 is a name known to all. (+5000) straightrippin3 is a name known to all. (+5000) straightrippin3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ok question. Why do people deadlift with no shoes? Thanks

Originally Posted by straightrippin3 View Post
    ok question. Why do people deadlift with no shoes? Thanks
    Closer to the ground, less ROM. I also find it to be more comfortable.
    www.bodyology.me

"Be Audacious."

Everyone's fat stores are different. Apparently yours is in your neck/jaw/cheeks. This means that even though the rest of your body can be 'skinny' you'll still hold the most fat in those areas.

It may just be something you grow out of, or you may just need to be very lean for it to start to disappear. I wouldn't bother trying to do anything about it. I doubt anything would be that effective other than cutting to sub 10% body fat.

Whatever works for you. As for the research, I haven't read any literature on it. Maybe someone else can chime in with some help?
    I GOT IT!!!!
    Catabolism can be broadly defined as being in a state of muscular wasting. Symptoms can include drossiness, lethargy, lack of interest in training, lack of motivation, a drop in sex drive, progress in the gym coming to a stand-still and finally muscle loss; and these are just a few

http://www.allnaturalbodybuilding.com/catabolism.html
    It's a longer read and I disagree with one or two things they say, but go have a look has what you should want.

To be honest, I don't know what he's trying to say. Could you explain it further? How were you doing them before?

Dumbbell Bench Press

No, it shouldn't affect anything.

Good man.
    Involvin catabolism, posted under the bold.
    Workout log:

littlebeep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebeep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebeep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebeep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebeep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebeep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebeep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebeep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebeep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebeep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebeep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How little fat in someone's diet would tend to inhibit muscle gains? I'm somewhere between 15% and 20% on my macros now, which seems low.

Closed Thread