Kevinity has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevinity has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile 14 year old, weight loss, gain muscle.

I'm 14 years old, about 190 pounds, and 5' 8". I'm looking for a good way and tips to lose weight, and also gain muscle at the same time. I've heard that it's hard, but I'm not considered obese. I'm overweight. I'm pretty strong compared to everyone else my age at my area, and I have pretty visible biceps, and somewhat visible triceps. I've also looked into possibly using protein shakes. Are they any safe? I won't be going to the gym and I have a decent amount of equipment at my home in my opinion. I have adjustable dumbbells. I adjust them to about 15 pounds, and they're not too hard, not that easy either. I also have a stationary bike at home. So far, my workout consists of:
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday :
    Half an hour of biking
    4 x 50 crunches,
    4 x 4 pushups.

Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday:
    4 x 4 pushups
    4 x 50 crunches
    5 x 10 lying down dumbbell chest presses
    5 x 10 standing shoulder presses
    5 x 12 alternating dumbbell curls
    5 x 10 dumbbell tricep kickbacks
    20 minutes of biking, and a minute of planks.
    I also seem to get quick a bit of shoulder pain, and not much bicep, tricep, or chest pain.
    I've also tried to hold back on my diet. I usually eat a lot of fat meat, but I'm trying to eat more vegetables, and cutting back on junk food, and soda. I'm also trying to eat more lean meat. Another thing is that I also usually eat a lot for breakfast. How much should I eat, and how should I change my diet, mostly for weight loss? I know I may seem pretty newby, since I'm pretty new to losing weight, and body building. I'm in for it more for toning, and so far, I'm completely determined to do whatever it takes, as long as it's healthy. (I'm not talking about jumping off a building or anything) I'm pretty new to this forum, so thanks in advance.

Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No fast food
    No soda
    No sugars/refined foods

more cardio
    more of a structured workout
    when you say "they're not too hard" you're not doing high enough weight
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
    ^ that's how you can find out how much to eat
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133634471
    ^information about meeting your macros for the day
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
    ^ nutrition section, helps in general
    Last edited by Dane2013; 06-30-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven119 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    @above.
    Fast food is fine if you need to hit macros.

And whole milk>water and green tea

Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dane2013 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Steven119 View Post
    @above.

Yeah I erased that.. whatever is fine as long as you hit your macros, but I just say no fast food because it's unhealthy in general.

Kevinity has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kevinity has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Dane2013 View Post
    No fast food
    Thanks for the post, I'll take it into consideration, possibly adding a bit to my weights also. Are there any other kinds of workouts that I should be considering? It seems that my shoulder is a bit weaker, since it's usually my shoulder that hurts the most the next day.

Originally Posted by Kevinity View Post
    Thanks for the post, I'll take it into consideration, possibly adding a bit to my weights also. Are there any other kinds of workouts that I should be considering? It seems that my shoulder is a bit weaker, since it's usually my shoulder that hurts the most the next day.
    Someone on this thread will eventually suggest SS.. so here ya go
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131379243

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8
    ^workout programs section, read stickies

Originally Posted by Steven119 View Post
    @above.

Yeah I also drink milk. I usually ONLY drink milk and water anyway.

glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm looking for a good way and tips to lose weight, and also gain muscle at the same time.
    its impossible to do both at the same time so you will either have to pic lose weight and tone or gain muscle and weight. i would suggest losing fat first then gain weight once you think your at a good weight. i was in the same situation last year at this time. i was 140 and 5'6, i wasnt overweight but i was deffently chuby. i started to lose weight all the way until i was 119 in april of this year. now im trying to gain it all back in muscle
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    † I can do any threw Jesus Christ, who strengthens me. † Philippians 4:13
    ▪█──────█▪

Originally Posted by glenpoolwarrior View Post
    its impossible to do both at the same time so you will either have to pic lose weight and tone or gain muscle and weight. i would suggest losing fat first then gain weight once you think your at a good weight. i was in the same situation last year at this time. i was 140 and 5'6, i wasnt overweight but i was deffently chuby. i started to lose weight all the way until i was 119 in april of this year. now im trying to gain it all back in muscle
    What was your way of losing weight?

glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) glenpoolwarrior has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What was your way of losing weight?
    at first i wasnt trying to lose weight i was just lifting but then around december i strted to lift and do tons of cardio to get in shape for track, i would wake up every morning and run 2 miles before breakfast and school (had to wake up extra early) then i would go to school and come home and run to my track (about a mile away) and run bleachers then run back. the whole time i was watching what i eat and making sure i burned more calories then i ate
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    † I can do any threw Jesus Christ, who strengthens me. † Philippians 4:13
    ▪█──────█▪