Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How much and when to take L-Arginine Capsules?

I bought NOW brand's 500mg L-Arginine capsules. Reason for purchase is to see if it gives me a pump during my workouts.

Is there a best time of day to take Arginine capsules? Is there an ideal dosage?

Does Arginine require building up a steady level in your system (similar to creatine) in order to make the best use of it?

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Gazi View Post
    I bought NOW brand's 500mg L-Arginine capsules. Reason for purchase is to see if it gives me a pump during my workouts.

Is there a best time of day to take Arginine capsules? Is there an ideal dosage?

Does Arginine require building up a steady level in your system (similar to creatine) in order to make the best use of it?
    You're gonna get a bunch of flak for your purchase, but here:

Take 3gr on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, and wait 30 minutes to eat, and 3gr preworkout or in the evening (always empty stomach). It takes a week or so to kick in.

You can buy AAKG powder for cheaper, and it's mild tasting, or better yet, buy Primaforce citrulline.
    ~ Roast Master, Resident Coffee Warlock~
    www.westcoastroasting.com
    -- Use 'MISC' for a discount! --

Disclaimer: sit there and let it bleed.

Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by poison View Post

Take 3gr on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, and wait 30 minutes to eat, and 3gr preworkout or in the evening (always empty stomach). It takes a week or so to kick in.

You can buy AAKG powder for cheaper, and it's mild tasting, or better yet, buy Primaforce citrulline.
    Thanks. I know a lot of people says it's a waste, but then there are others who say they've gotten great pumps. Only way to find out for myself is to try I guess. I bought the small bottle and it was only like $5-6. If I get any type of result I will definitely try out a powder next time around.

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This makes absolutely no sense to me from a pharmacokinetic/dynamic aspect. Nonetheless, what do you experience when you feel it "kick in"?
    ~

Wherever progression lacks.... regress can be found in abundance.

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Poison...given the half-life of NO, what does time on that scale have to do with this?

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NO HYPE View Post
    This makes absolutely no sense to me from a pharmacokinetic/dynamic aspect. Nonetheless, what do you experience when you feel it "kick in"?
    I'm not saying it does make sense, or that the effects are NO related. Back when mri brought out NO2, it was dosed at 3gr 2x daily, and it took a week to 10 days for the effects to become apparent: increased pumps, thickness, and vascularity. Plenty of pure aakg products came out after, and they were the same. I'm not claiming to know why or how, or saying it's effective for much of anything athletically, but those are the effects I've seen way more than once.

I'm known by other names IamJonsCranium's Avatar
    IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

This. Citrulline Malate for pump and performance. L-Citrulline for pumps.
    IamJons Awesome workout log:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=659599573#post659599573

Author of "The Loser Mentality"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=699707851#postcount%20=21

"The Predators Are Feeding (And You're What They're Eating)"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=710146201&postcount=184

IamJon's Sermon at the Breakfast Table:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=713520011&postcount=12

♂ Eat Like a Man ♂

Yeah, citrulline is WAY superior to arginine in every way.

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it took a week to 10 days for the effects to become apparent: increased pumps, thickness, and vascularity.
    No comment. Thanks for the response though.
    ~

No comment. Thanks for the response though.
    Lol, no problem. When did you start taking supplements?

When did you start taking supplements?
    Probably around 6-years ago, but I was quickly turned off by the plethora of placebo-based "bodybuilding" supplements [arginine being one of the first and foremost -- at least for myself anyways].
    ~

Probably around 6-years ago, but I was quickly turned off by the plethora of placebo-based "bodybuilding" supplements [arginine being one of the first and foremost -- at least for myself anyways].
    Lol, so you missed it:

http://www.mri-performance.com/no2.php

**** was off the hook!

In all seriousness, there was another arginine thread here a couple days ago, with some back and forth. Bottom line (IMO) is studies are split as to oral arginine's effects (or lack thereof), but there's a reason arginine took the bodybuilding world by storm, and was the number one product for YEARS.

Try taking 3gr AAKG twice a day and see. Or not.

VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol, so you missed it:

http://www.mri-performance.com/no2.php

**** was off the hook!

In all seriousness, there was another arginine thread here a couple days ago, with some back and forth. Bottom line (IMO) is studies are split as to oral arginine's effects (or lack thereof), but there's a reason arginine took the bodybuilding world by storm, and was the number one product for YEARS.

inb4 NOHYPE begins the wrath.
    I got no strings to hold me down
    To make me fret or make me frown
    I had strings, but now I'm free
    I got no strings on me

Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    inb4 NOHYPE begins the wrath.
    Where was NO HYPE when you needed him last time?

bonerappetite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonerappetite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonerappetite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonerappetite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonerappetite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonerappetite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonerappetite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonerappetite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonerappetite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonerappetite is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonerappetite is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i took mri's no2 back in the day and that **** did give me serious pomps. after a week or so the pomps and vascularity were the most noticeable, so i hear what poison is saying. of course arginine sucks in comparison to what's on the market nowadays but yeah i can for sure say it did something for me

VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Where was NO HYPE when you needed him last time?
    lawl. I didn't need him last time, I posted numerous studies that showed you were flat out wrong.

But while we're on the topic of personal attacks, hows it feel to be another company rep who praises the first company he is at(LG) as having the best products on the market, and then switching companies and claiming the same?

Maybe you should hang out with Rosie, you guys seem like a great match!
    I got no strings on me

very concerned w/ mTOR's An Inconvenient Bro's Avatar
    An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Bottom line (IMO) is studies are split as to oral arginine's effects (or lack thereof), but there's a reason arginine took the bodybuilding world by storm, and was the number one product for YEARS.

try checking into the arginase enzyme, realize that arginine will work for the desired effect for awhile - and then not. At this point it should make sense

not sure why it's so difficult to grasp that it tends to work long enough and well enough that the generally uneducated and gullible consumer remembers their earlier experiences and always longs for that same feeling / pump. but the ultimate irony is that when it jacks with the arginase enzyme and they get little to no pump from it anymore they end up taking more and more to try and get the same effect and end up getting almost none of it - except for unwanted sides

lol

you used to be a LG rep right?

Originally Posted by An Inconvenient Bro View Post
    try checking into the arginase enzyme, realize that arginine will work for the desired effect for awhile - and then not. At this point it should make sense

not sure why it's so difficult to grasp that it tends to work long enough and well enough that the generally uneducated and gullible consumer remembers their earlier experiences and always longs for that same feeling / pump. but the ultimate irony is that when it jacks with the arginase enzyme and they get little to no pump from it anymore they end up taking more and more to try and get the same effect and end up getting almost none of it - except for unwanted sides

lol

finally. I'm not the only one. i love you dave.
    I got no strings on me

lawl. I didn't need him last time, I posted numerous studies that showed you were flat out wrong.
    It wasn't quite like that.

But while we're on the topic of personal attacks
    You jumped in the thread, my friend. I never approached you.

, hows it feel to be another company rep who praises the first company he is at(LG) as having the best products on the market,
    Never happened. LG has some great products, some less so. Like most companies.

and then switching companies and claiming the same?
    Never happened.

But hey, good to see you're still at your negative ways and approach to people! Some things never change.

It wasn't quite like that.

You jumped in the thread, my friend. I never approached you.

Never happened. LG has some great products, some less so. Like most companies.

Never happened.

But hey, good to see you're still at your negative ways and approach to people! Some things never change.
    brb taking a pre-workout to boost my test and lower my estrogen.
    I got no strings on me

Originally Posted by An Inconvenient Bro View Post

not sure why it's so difficult to grasp
    I grasp it just fine. Others here disagree.

that it tends to work long enough and well enough that the generally uneducated and gullible consumer remembers their earlier experiences and always longs for that same feeling / pump. but the ultimate irony is that when it jacks with the arginase enzyme and they get little to no pump from it anymore they end up taking more and more to try and get the same effect and end up getting almost none of it - except for unwanted sides

lol

I did.

brb taking a pre-workout to boost my test and lower my estrogen.
    Lawl, was that caffeine in your testbooster?

Lawl, was that caffeine in your testbooster?
    actually, it was the same caffeine that was shown to increase testosterone in a dose dependent manner.

oh man, isn't science terrible?!?!
    I got no strings on me

So you're saying ASGT WILL indeed increase test?

about as much as it will decrease estrogen.
    I got no strings on me

Lolol, Tropinol. Hey man, it's been fun. Seriously, I enjoy a good discussion, and some back and forth banter. I don't take it personal, and I don't hate you or your stuff (especially Hemovol ). I hope you don't take it personally either.

Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can u explain nitrates being a "nootropic" or them not being a possible "nootropic"?

Nitric Oxide. 2010 Oct 15. [Epub ahead of print]

Acute effect of a high nitrate diet on brain perfusion in older adults.
    Presley TD, Morgan AR, Bechtold E, Clodfelter W, Dove RW, Jennings JM, Kraft RA, Bruce King S, Laurienti PJ, Jack Rejeski W, Burdette JH, Kim-Shapiro DB, Miller GD.

Department of Physics, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC 27109, USA; Translational Science Center, Reynolda Campus, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC 27109, USA.

Abstract
    AIMS: Poor blood flow and hypoxia/ischemia contribute to many disease states and may also be a factor in the decline of physical and cognitive function in aging. Nitrite has been discovered to be a vasodilator that is preferentially harnessed in hypoxia. Thus, both infused and inhaled nitrite are being studied as therapeutic agents for a variety of diseases. In addition, nitrite derived from nitrate in the diet has been shown to decrease blood pressure and improve exercise performance. Thus, dietary nitrate may also be important when increased blood flow in hypoxic or ischemic areas is indicated. These conditions could include age-associated dementia and cognitive decline. The goal of this study was to determine if dietary nitrate would increase cerebral blood flow in older adults.

METHODS AND RESULTS: In this investigation we administered a high vs. low nitrate diet to older adults (74.7±6.9years) and measured cerebral perfusion using arterial spin labeling magnetic resonance imaging. We found that the high nitrate diet did not alter global cerebral perfusion, but did lead to increased regional cerebral perfusion in frontal lobe white matter, especially between the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex and anterior cingulate cortex.

CONCLUSION: These results suggest that dietary nitrate may be useful in improving regional brain perfusion in older adults in critical brain areas known to be involved in executive functioning.

very concerned w/ mTOR's An Inconvenient Bro's Avatar
    An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Isn't that when someone gets their nuts kicked in so hard they come out their throat?

leanfc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leanfc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leanfc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leanfc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leanfc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leanfc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leanfc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leanfc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leanfc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leanfc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leanfc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The one thing I don't understand about ASGT is how it's so cheap...

To be that cheap, the raws would have to be of horrible quality unless they are producing hundreds of thousands of bottles per run which I highly doubt.

I also had an LG supplement one time that basic words in the description were mispelled on the label. Really? Come on.

I don't mean to hate on LG, but can someone please explain to me why all of their supplements seem to be so insanely cheap?