Seleneee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working out with big implants?

Hi,

I recently got a breast augmentation. 575 cc under muscle and I weight around 115 lbs and I am 5'2. My surgeron told me I would be okay and will be able to exercise like I used to but right now they look so huge since they are still very high and swollen... I am starting to worry.

I know it is a little early to judge if I should get a redo or not for smaller implants and should wait about 3 months but is there anyone here with big implants and still work out alot?

Thank you

born2dothis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) born2dothis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) born2dothis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) born2dothis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) born2dothis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) born2dothis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) born2dothis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) born2dothis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) born2dothis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) born2dothis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) born2dothis is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I dont have them but ive researched them some and ive heard (although im not certain) that heavy weight training w implants under the muscle can cause issues. I'd do some research myself it it were me...I wouldn't think you couldn't train your chest but you might just go easier there or like I said research it. GL!
    ~ Christie ~
    Military vet, and working mama to a troop

Nutrition fanatic/ISSA CPT

"NEVER give up, NEVER stop, NEVER QUIT!!" " GET IT GIRL!"

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My implants are very modest, but there is no issue with training after sub muscle implants. This is assuming your surgeon kept the implants within the range of proper fill. A lot of docs overfill the implant.

I'd assume once you have recovered you will face the same issues as women training with natural large breasts. In my experience, it takes about a year for the implants to settle to their final position/size. Recovery from the surgery was about 6 weeks for me with no lifting. Took about 6 mos for me to regain and surpass my pre surgery strength levels re: lifting w/ upper body.

I am very worried right now... I got 500cc overfilled to 575... bosgirlin09 how many cc did you get?

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Seleneee View Post
    I am very worried right now... I got 500cc overfilled to 575... bosgirlin09 how many cc did you get?
    LOL...I got 310 on one side 330 on the other. If you check my progress pics you'll see I'm very average sized.

Originally Posted by bosgirlin09 View Post
    LOL...I got 310 on one side 330 on the other. If you check my progress pics you'll see I'm very average sized.
    Also, you should check with your doc. I believe overfilling the implant means your "warranty" is invalid.

my5kidzmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Seleneee View Post
    Hi,

I recently got a breast augmentation. 575 cc under muscle and I weight around 115 lbs and I am 5'2. My surgeron told me I would be okay and will be able to exercise like I used to but right now they look so huge since they are still very high and swollen... I am starting to worry.

I know it is a little early to judge if I should get a redo or not for smaller implants and should wait about 3 months but is there anyone here with big implants and still work out alot?

Thank you
    I got 600's a few years ago. They were placed under muscle. I was told it was okay to work out, I just made sure that the girls were seriously tight down with a great sports bra. My doctor told me that most of the time when women are unhappy with surgery is because they wish they would of gone bigger. Just wait until they get settled I'm sure you will love the implants. I love mine and wish I would have done it sooner.

tinyjourney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinyjourney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinyjourney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinyjourney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinyjourney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinyjourney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinyjourney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinyjourney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinyjourney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinyjourney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinyjourney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have silicone implants under the muscle and have no issues with working out. My doctor was strict about healing time and returning to working out, no upper body lifting for 3 months. I feel like it took me a long time to get back to normal afterwards as well. I do everything that I used to do with no problems. I do not like flies or dips just because I do not like how they feel.

Your implants are overfilled with in manufacturers specs so your warranty should be fine. Mentor allows for up to 100cc in overfill for a 500cc implant shell. Your implant size is not actually a large implant, it is on the upper side of average. Once they have properly healed you should be fine to continue working out. There are ladies with much larger implants than what you have that work out just fine.

Just like another poster said, implants can take up to a year to see the final results. I had size changes until 8 months and then they just got softer from there. Many ladies do wish they had gone bigger. I am one of those. I have 400cc and I am similar in size to you. I could easily have a larger implant that what you have and be perfectly fine. Just give it time. Boobs are my favorite subject and I have tons of info. Just leave me a message if you have questions. I'll probably have the answer for you.

Thank you so much everyone for your replies.

I am gonna wait, since it is the advice everyone is telling me. I really hope I am gonna end up loving them after the swelling goes down and my implants settled. I like the fake big boobs look but I still want to look proportionate.

I am just a little scared that they may look too big on my frame , especially right now they are swollen they look so huge! I feel like crying everytime I look at myself in the mirror.... But I talked to some girls on other forums who are about the same height as me and got 500cc or more and they look good...

Hopefully I end up liking them and not regret my choice

Solid at room temperature l3al3yJane's Avatar
    l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How long have you had your implants?

I have 750 cc's under the muscle and no problems. They took a very long time to fully drop and were super high for awhile, but you just have to be patient. I've just now had mine for a year and they looked "right" after about 8 months. If you had very little breast tissue to begin with, then it might take longer.

I lift heavy and I started running again 4 weeks after surgery.

Don't go smaller. Be patient. And if your doctor told you to massage them make sure you do it or assign the massaging duties to your BF/SO/husband, LOL.

I am at 9days post op! Everyone is telling me to be patient, I really hope I will start loving them soon...

robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    there is an entire thread (sticky) on boobs and bodybuilding that you can check out--i think it's on the main page-- sorry i dont know how to post a link!! that should help you.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Red1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Red1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,
    I had surgery last March. I was already a C cup and had 560cc dual placement mentor implants. I felt exactly the same post surgery! Mine sat really high and were so swollen I looked like a cartoon!

They started to settle really gradually and it's only now that they feel real and normal to me, but I do regret not going bigger now. I'm 5'5 and 135lbs.
    On the advice of my surgeon I didn't touch a weight until 6 weeks post op, and within 3 months after that I was lifting heavy again(i think it would have been shorter If not for me being overly cautious)

Now I lift heavier than ever and don't have any problems, but as the other posters say I would wait until they settle and speak to your surgeon about lifting. I don't know about other people, but I had to explain to mine that I didn't mean I would be lifting fluffy pink weights- I needed him to be clear that I would be lifting heavy, as that could really effect the advice he gave.

I hope this helps, but give it some time and I'm sure you'll feel better