Registered User silentkiller424's Avatar
    silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) silentkiller424 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Gaining weight but apparently no muscle?

I have been working out for about a month and a half now. I was following a full body workout alternated with about 40 min or more of cardio with abs.The good part is that i have already gained about 3kg or 7 pounds but I cannot mark any muscle gain in inches.People say that i'm looking fat and i have gained about 0.5 inches on my waist which is 31inches now.My arms were 9inches when I started and so are they now and so is almost everything else except my thighs where i have gained 1.5 inches.Recently i changed my workout, divided it into upper body, lower body, and cardio with abs on the same day.But my strength has increased and i can lift much heavier weights now compared to when i started, but i think that could be prolly because of CNS adaptation or something coz i don't see any muscular bulk.My workout was of about 15-20 reps with light weights and generally 2 sets of each (squats, leg press, standing calf raise,leg curl, low cable row, chest press and the superman exercise for back) and i have changed my workout recently(upper body:low row cable, LAT pulldown,dumble shrugs,decline chest press,lateral raises,external roataion,back extension. lower body:squats, lunges,leg press,standing calf raise, seated calf raise,leg curls, toe raises. cardio and abs:about 30min of treadmill with 15 min fast jog, decline crunches(20reps/2sets), standing leg raise, obliques)
    The supplement i use is Serious mass weight gainer:2 scoops each day.I also have my vitamins with fish oil pills but i am probably gaining just fat.I just feel the strength but no muscle mass, I have gained weight and people say i am looking fatter now.Is this normal or is there something wrong with my workout/diet?

xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by silentkiller424 View Post
    I have been working out for about a month and a half now. I was following a full body workout alternated with about 40 min or more of cardio with abs.The good part is that i have already gained about 3kg or 7 pounds but I cannot mark any muscle gain in inches.People say that i'm looking fat and i have gained about 0.5 inches on my waist which is 31inches now.My arms were 9inches when I started and so are they now and so is almost everything else except my thighs where i have gained 1.5 inches.Recently i changed my workout, divided it into upper body, lower body, and cardio with abs on the same day.But my strength has increased and i can lift much heavier weights now compared to when i started, but i think that could be prolly because of CNS adaptation or something coz i don't see any muscular bulk.My workout was of about 15-20 reps with light weights and generally 2 sets of each (squats, leg press, standing calf raise,leg curl, low cable row, chest press and the superman exercise for back) and i have changed my workout recently(upper body:low row cable, LAT pulldown,dumble shrugs,decline chest press,lateral raises,external roataion,back extension. lower body:squats, lunges,leg press,standing calf raise, seated calf raise,leg curls, toe raises. cardio and abs:about 30min of treadmill with 15 min fast jog, decline crunches(20reps/2sets), standing leg raise, obliques)
    The supplement i use is Serious mass weight gainer:2 scoops each day.I also have my vitamins with fish oil pills but i am probably gaining just fat.I just feel the strength but no muscle mass, I have gained weight and people say i am looking fatter now.Is this normal or is there something wrong with my workout/diet?
    You might be eating too many calories. Aim for 0.5 to 1lb of weight gain a week.
    What's your height and weight?

sidude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sidude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sidude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sidude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sidude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sidude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sidude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sidude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sidude123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by silentkiller424 View Post
    aim for 6 to 8 reps on each exercise & do hiiit on non training days ..thts d only cardio u'll need on a bulk

My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Legacy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's possible you have put on some muscle but just not visible yet
    Team Beyond Fitness - http://********.com/beyondfitnessofficial
    For coaching, send me a personal message!

xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCody is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by My_Legacy View Post
    It's possible you have put on some muscle but just not visible yet
    This. It's gonna take like a good 3 months before you start seeing any real changes.

sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if hes already seeing fat gains he must be doinitrong.jpg

rudy2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rudy2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Should be putting on muscle, probably more fat tho... In a few months when you start cutting you will see more, it will be like slowly unwrapping a present, and finding all the muscle under the fat lol.

rpmmafia is on a distinguished road. (+10) rpmmafia is on a distinguished road. (+10) rpmmafia is on a distinguished road. (+10) rpmmafia is on a distinguished road. (+10) rpmmafia is on a distinguished road. (+10) rpmmafia is on a distinguished road. (+10) rpmmafia is on a distinguished road. (+10) rpmmafia is on a distinguished road. (+10) rpmmafia is on a distinguished road. (+10) rpmmafia is on a distinguished road. (+10) rpmmafia is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rudy2011 View Post
    Should be putting on muscle, probably more fat tho... In a few months when you start cutting you will see more, it will be like slowly unwrapping a present, and finding all the muscle under the fat lol.
    Cant you just slow bulk and not have to worry about fat

TheSoupster is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheSoupster is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheSoupster is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheSoupster is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheSoupster is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheSoupster is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheSoupster is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheSoupster is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheSoupster is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheSoupster is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheSoupster is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rpmmafia View Post
    Cant you just slow bulk and not have to worry about fat
    No, even on a slow bulk you will gain fat, though not as much. Bulk=excess of calories, excess calories=weight gain.

dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    no reason to change from a novice program after a couple months

lift heavier weight
    Goals:

1.5 bw Bench
    2.0+ bw Squat
    2.5 bw Deadlift
    Gain 20 lbs