BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Want bigger traps!

I want way bigger traps. Currently bulking. Need advice.

For traps currently I do free weight front BB shrugs and side DB shrugs. Usually anywhere from 6-10 reps. And 4 sets for each. I keep my body perfectly still and shrug as high as I can with a pause and squeeze at the top.

How can I improve my traps more? Is there more exercises I can do that would be beneficial? More or less sets? More or less reps? Slip on form and try a lot more weight?

Thanks brahs.

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Deadlifts & Rack pulls

first blood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Upright rows, my personal favorite. Like 'em more with a DB, cause of greater range of motion, especially when theyre held infront of the legs while doing them

Close grip pull ups too

mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    Deadlifts & Rack pulls
    ^This.

JerryZV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JerryZV has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    best is smith machine shrugs imo. I've tried machine shrugs, db shrugs etc and I get the best pump from the smith machine. 90 lbs 10 reps 5 sets

agarci7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) agarci7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) agarci7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) agarci7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) agarci7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) agarci7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) agarci7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) agarci7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) agarci7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) agarci7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) agarci7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mbinda View Post
    ^This.
    this lol...plus squats
    Hail the villain

JMM1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMM1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMM1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMM1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMM1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMM1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMM1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMM1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMM1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMM1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMM1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BulletSevenfold View Post
    I want way bigger traps. Currently bulking. Need advice.

For traps currently I do free weight front BB shrugs and side DB shrugs. Usually anywhere from 6-10 reps. And 4 sets for each. I keep my body perfectly still and shrug as high as I can with a pause and squeeze at the top.

How can I improve my traps more? Is there more exercises I can do that would be beneficial? More or less sets? More or less reps? Slip on form and try a lot more weight?

Thanks brahs.

i find that the trapezius responds well to explosive movements and isometric holds. the best exercises i can recommend to you which have also worked for me are cleans and snatches (f you don't have the form down for barbell, no worries... heavy db snatches and cleans will seriously wreck your upper back), along with any type of deadlift.

BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BulletSevenfold has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ah. So basically everything I've already been doing. Minus the upright rows, can't do those because of an old shoulder injury.

Where's my flip flops ? jayluk4600's Avatar
    jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Traps are my fav muscle I have hit them hard for over 20 years. Best exercises are Barebell shrugs, dumbell shrugs and cleans. Superset barebell shrugs with dumbell shrugs to add some spice to it. Or superset all 3 for a real burn if your feeling froggy.

Good luck to you

Also dont rotate your shoulders go straight up. Imagine trying to touch your ear with your shoulder. Flex those traps at the top.

Originally Posted by jayluk4600 View Post
    Traps are my fav muscle I have hit them hard for over 20 years. Best exercises are Barebell shrugs, dumbell shrugs and cleans. Superset barebell shrugs with dumbell shrugs to add some spice to it. Or superset all 3 for a real burn if your feeling froggy.

Good luck to you

Also dont rotate your shoulders go straight up. Imagine trying to touch your ear with your shoulder. Flex those traps at the top.
    Alright i'll try some supersets and see how that works for me. And yep I always shrug straight up. Thanks for the help!

Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I typically do DB shrugs, for BB shrugs ya'll using a mixed grip or overhand (with or without straps)?
    We don't rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

I was born a shotgun in my hands. Behind the gun I'll make my final stand and that's why they call me Bad Company

Sensible Liberals for Trump 2016 Crew

Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I typically do DB shrugs, for BB shrugs ya'll using a mixed grip or overhand (with or without straps)?
    I use overhand & straps with 245lbs on the BB. When I used to only do 225lbs i didn't use straps, but my hands start slipping bad with 20 more lbs i guess lol.

gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gkicksass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    BB shrugs have worked best for me. i hit them 2x a week. once 8-12 reps and the second time 15-25 reps.

when you do BB shrugs, try leaning forward slightly and bringing you shoulders up to an imaginary point around your ears. hold for a sec and squeeze.

another possibity if you are too lazy to load up the barbell is to do shrugs on the standing calf raise machine. just shrug your shoulders instead of your calves.

renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jayluk4600 View Post

Good luck to you

Great advice right there!
    We are what we repeatedly do; Excellence is not an act, but a habit -Aristotle.

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer 29:11

RMStateOfMInd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RMStateOfMInd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RMStateOfMInd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RMStateOfMInd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RMStateOfMInd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RMStateOfMInd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RMStateOfMInd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RMStateOfMInd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RMStateOfMInd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RMStateOfMInd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RMStateOfMInd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JMM1993 View Post
    i find that the trapezius responds well to explosive movements and isometric holds. the best exercises i can recommend to you which have also worked for me are cleans and snatches (f you don't have the form down for barbell, no worries... heavy db snatches and cleans will seriously wreck your upper back), along with any type of deadlift.
    Best advise there. Isometric holds and explosive short setted repetitions with 75-85% of your maximum 1RM.