SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question How to strengthen leg after achilles injury

Hi All,

Just after some info on how to get some strength back in my leg after my Achilles injury. It has been 6 weeks since I stopped playing (soccer) but I've been given the go ahead from my GP to start playing again Next week, so Just want some simple light exercises to do to strengthen up my legs again.

Thanks,

jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eccentric calf exercises,. pretty much healed my Achilles injury

get a step or box,. start out like you would at the top of a calf raise and lower down SLOWLY(basically a reverse calf raise),
    so the muscle in contracting eccentrically, does wonders for strength and promotes blood flow to the achilles

SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SaintSoldier is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jmar4eva View Post
    eccentric calf exercises,. pretty much healed my Achilles injury

get a step or box,. start out like you would at the top of a calf raise and lower down SLOWLY(basically a reverse calf raise),
    so the muscle in contracting eccentrically, does wonders for strength and promotes blood flow to the achilles
    Thanks Pal,

I will try this, just can't wait to start playing again. It will help me lose some fat that I've put on since I been told not to train and play.
    I don'T DREAM, I Reality
    M.M.T