Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'9", 167 lbs
    deviantstyles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit deviantstyles's BodySpace

Newbie, cut or bulk?

I'm 5'8" and I started cutting and I got down from 165lb to 150lb dry. I still haven't cut all the fat that I'd like to, I barely have a 2 pack. I have gained some muscle mass through. But I was just thinking, 150 is pretty freakin' light but at the same time I still am holding on to a significant bit of fat.

I know that more muscle mass will increase resting metabolism, so should I take a break from cutting to try to put on muscle and then go back and cut down? Eventually I just want to be 'cut', and not so much 'huge'.

Should I continue cutting and then clean bulk up? or just bulk and then cut down? Thanks.

Stats: 5'11", 216 lbs
    cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit cobaltis's BodySpace
    Your 19, bulk, use your testosterone... Do it cleanly and you will continue to be more defined. Cut later and it will be easier. Good luck!
    WWPBD - What Would PBateman Do?!?
    My Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136990413&p=729785663&posted=1#post729785663
    BTK Cut Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136192981
    http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - http://www.leangains.com

Stats: 5'8", 154 lbs
    tralalaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tralalaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tralalaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tralalaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tralalaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tralalaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tralalaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tralalaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tralalaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tralalaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tralalaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit tralalaa's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by deviantstyles View Post
    I'm 5'8" and I started cutting and I got down from 165lb to 150lb dry. I still haven't cut all the fat that I'd like to, I barely have a 2 pack. I have gained some muscle mass through. But I was just thinking, 150 is pretty freakin' light but at the same time I still am holding on to a significant bit of fat.

I know that more muscle mass will increase resting metabolism, so should I take a break from cutting to try to put on muscle and then go back and cut down? Eventually I just want to be 'cut', and not so much 'huge'.

Should I continue cutting and then clean bulk up? or just bulk and then cut down? Thanks.
    in all honesty, post a picture.

if your abs are barely visible and you see your body holding on to fat, chances are you're in the 11-18% BF range. if you're closer to 18, you might want to cut to 1) reduce body fat but 2) maintain your muscle. if you do this, you'll have a clean slate to start bulking on. when you start out, consider it the sum of fat + muscle (keeping in mind that muscle weighs more than fat). if you start to cut but KEEP LIFTING, your muscles will maintain through your transformation (or at the most a very minimal loss).

and with the whole testosterone thing, you're still at your prime, and will be for a few years, so if you finish a solid cut and proceed to a bulk within the next few years, you'd still be able to reach your potential.

(i'm kind of was in the same situation as you, and this was what i got, and it's working for me).

Stats: 5'11", 216 lbs
    cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobaltis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit cobaltis's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by tralalaa View Post
    in all honesty, post a picture.

if your abs are barely visible and you see your body holding on to fat, chances are you're in the 11-18% BF range. if you're closer to 18, you might want to cut to 1) reduce body fat but 2) maintain your muscle. if you do this, you'll have a clean slate to start bulking on. when you start out, consider it the sum of fat + muscle (keeping in mind that muscle weighs more than fat). if you start to cut but KEEP LIFTING, your muscles will maintain through your transformation (or at the most a very minimal loss).

and with the whole testosterone thing, you're still at your prime, and will be for a few years, so if you finish a solid cut and proceed to a bulk within the next few years, you'd still be able to reach your potential.

(i'm kind of was in the same situation as you, and this was what i got, and it's working for me).
    Its true I was making an assumption of low teen bodyfat %... Posting a pic could only help.
    WWPBD - What Would PBateman Do?!?
    My Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136990413&p=729785663&posted=1#post729785663
    BTK Cut Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136192981
    http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - http://www.leangains.com