LLF2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Important Questions

Pre-question information: 16 y/o 155 lbs, 6 foot and 1/2" | Been lifting for about 2 and a half years. About 4 months ago I altered my workout to a larger more muscle covering version. I have a lean body type (I'm a competitive swimmer, baseball, and basketball player) I should make it clear that I don't want to become body builder looking and above everything else want to maintain a lean athletic body type. Basically, I'm going for the Navy Seal body type. I have a 6 pack, above average biceps, average to borderline above average chest, and my back and shoulders are well above average. I'm not trying to brag whatsoever and I am sincerely asking advice. Thanks in advance.

Here are my questions/concerns: 1: Would it be bad for my body to make it an upper body workout every day except on weekends for rest? I would alternate the workout each day. The three workouts below are different muscle groups so I figure it would be OK.

2: When doing lat pulldowns, I find my forearms feeling most of the burn? Is that OK?

3: More reps on a lighter weight or less reps with heavy weight?

4: I feel like I have no chest burn when doing bench press. I have watched dozens of form videos to make sure I'm doing it correct. It's not realistic for me to really go max weight because I don't have a spotter (working out in home) so till failure on bench for me might mean till death. Any tips?

1: My workout plan looks like this:

Monday

Bench Press 10, 10, 10, 8, 6, max
    Dumbell bench press 3x12
    Chest Fly 3x12
    Pushups 3x25
    Dips 3x10
    Cavalier Crossover (Athlean X excercise)

Wednesday

Pullups 5x10
    Lat pulldowns 4x10
    W Raise (Athlean X excercise) 3x10
    Upright Row 3x12
    Bar Curls 3x12
    Hammer Curls 3x16
    Preacher Curls 3x10
    Bar Hang Bicep isolation 1x till failure

Friday

Bench press
    UCV Raise 3x10
    skull crushers 3x12
    dips 3x10
    side lateral raise (shoulder raise) 3x12
    DB kickback for tricep 3x10

In between are ab days and I added leg days 2 weeks ago. No concerns with those.

Thanks for any advice.

JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This routine is not very well programmed. You’d really be better off by following something that is actually proven to work and is written by someone who has experience.
    Never Stop :)

PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500) PhillipQ25 is not very helpful. (-500)
    To be blunt, that program is chit.

1) Yes and no, your forearms are what connects your arms to the bar so yes you will have to develop your grip strength to do lat pulldowns. Make sure you're squeezing the bar tight as hell and not rotating your wrists. If you do that and your forearms burn then thats fine

2) Both. For you, I wouldn't go lower than 3, and even that could be pushing it. You need to mix it up, that's how you'll make the most gains. Have a plethora of fundamental exercises that work, hit muscles frequently, switch it up ocassionally and work hard. All it really is