Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MagnusHawke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MagnusHawke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MagnusHawke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Post RAW MILK GOMAD! (pics)

***Pics to be posted Friday, June 24th in accordance with log accuracy***

Going to train with the GOMAD (Gallon of Milk a Day) diet for 30 - 60 days (as is recommended by the program author). As well as follow the regiment of the Starting Strength program by Mark Rippetoe (as per forum recommendation and endorsement by GOMAD author).

GOMAD: stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight
    Starting Strength: startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

For those that don't know:

Raw Milk: Strained straight from the cow to the bottle to the fridge

Pasteurized Milk: Raw milk heated at 71.7 C (161 F) for 15 - 20 seconds

Ultra Pasteurized Milk: Raw milk heated 135 C (275) F for 1 second

Pasteurization is done to kill all bacteria and viruses that could be present in milk. Raw milk has a shelf life of 7 - 10 days, Pasteurized milk 2 - 3 weeks, and Ultra Pasteurized milk 2 - 3 months.

To clarify, raw milk was not suggested in the GOMAD website. I have researched the properties and health benefits of raw milk independently and wanted to see the results of using it in excess myself. I have extensively searched this forum as well for both the GOMAD diet and consuming raw milk, and this is what I have observed.

Concerning GOMAD you'll get two groups of posters:

1. The "you're gonna get fat" group

2. The "strength and muscle gains are incredible" group

Concerning raw milk you'll get two groups as well:

1. The "you're drinking puss, blood, and E coli" group

2. The "macro/micro nutrient powerhouse full of good bacteria" group

While this thread could be a log to help me with my motivation it's primarily going to be a place to post my: beginning, 30 day, and 60 day pictures. With so many people on both sides of the fence this should be an exceptionally educational experience.

I will be picking up the milk at the farm Friday, June 24th, and beginning my routine on that same day as well.

In accordance with log accuracy I will post my beginning pic Friday, June 24th as well.

Feel free to chime in with what you know/think as well! Criticism is welcome C:
    Last edited by MagnusHawke; 06-23-2011 at 09:32 PM.

MagnusHawke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MagnusHawke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MagnusHawke has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I will be procuring my dairy goods from the Chisholm Family Farm: chisholmfamilyfarm.com They are a small family farm that my neighbor introduced me too a while back.

To isolate random variables I am choosing this farm from which I have been drinking from for a year (about a glass per day). They are soy-free and grain free which allows the cows to produce the maximum amount of omega 3's (versus omega 6's) in their milk. I get to observe the milking of my milk at request to ensure proper sanitation. My diet will remain the same during this entire program save for the added gallon of raw milk.

I am very excited to dispel or reinforce the IGF-1 horomone statements about raw milk. This rings true for all other concerns over safety of consumption as well (most of which are quite valid). I will be sure to log any sickness I go through (whether I believe it is milk related or not) as well as smaller side effects (gas, acne, bloating) as completely as possible.

Whatever the end result, be it my death or growth into true manhood, I shall remain as impartial as possible for the benefit of myself and others like me.
    Last edited by MagnusHawke; 06-23-2011 at 07:55 PM.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MagnusHawke View Post
    Concerning raw milk you'll get two groups as well:

1. The "you're drinking puss, blood, and E coli" group

2. The "macro/micro nutrient powerhouse full of good bacteria" group
    Raw cow milk and raw milk products have been implicated in the transmission of multiple bacterial pathogens, including Campylobacter spp., Brucella, Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella spp., and E. coli. In some states, (25 states last I checked) pasteurization of milk is not required and direct sale of raw milk to consumers is permitted. For example, in California, intrastate sale of raw milk and raw colostrum is legal. However, even careful dairy practices will not eliminate, the risk for raw milk contamination – it can only minimize those risks. In the summer of 2008, multiple people experienced Escherichia coli O157–associated hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS), some of whom required hospitalization, after consuming raw milk purchased at a retail market in Connecticut and a farm. Given the anatomical location of a cow’s udder and the presence of bovine feces in the barn where milking, the cause of the E. coli was suspected to be fecal contamination from asymptomatic cows occurring during milking or the handling of milk. It should be noted that the contamination occurred despite the farm following acceptable milking and sanitation procedures, according to regulatory standards.

feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) feelsg00dmayne is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    prepareyouranus OP.

inb4sh!tstorm.

edit: srsly speaking though OP, a gallon of milk doesn't have any magical properties. wouldn't you rather indulge in good tasting foods to meeting your caloric needs instead of drinking GOMAD?

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In (srs).

picsorshens.jpg
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, the thread title indicated there were pics, but I see none.

I will add one. You can imagine what this dairy cow is standing in.

dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dukend is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    OP, the thread title indicated there were pics, but I see none.
    false attention getter deserves negs.

I'm known by other names IamJonsCranium's Avatar
    IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'd like to follow this log.

Please make a new thread in the log section at the top of the nutrition section and post the link here.
    IamJons Awesome workout log:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=659599573#post659599573

Author of "The Loser Mentality"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=699707851#postcount%20=21

"The Predators Are Feeding (And You're What They're Eating)"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=710146201&postcount=184

IamJon's Sermon at the Breakfast Table:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=713520011&postcount=12

♂ Eat Like a Man ♂

x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    have researched the properties and health benefits of raw milk independently and wanted to see the results of using it in excess myself.
    What health benefits did you conclude raw milk has over pasteurized? Can you share the source of this research with us?

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No pics?? Jip!

we all know he will enter this thread...

I'm known by other names IamJonsCranium's Avatar
    IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by x-ray vision View Post
    What health benefits did you conclude raw milk has over pasteurized? Can you share the source of this research with us?
    The main thing I've heard is that the proteins are... I forget the word.. but sort of partially destroyed during the pasturization process.
    IamJons Awesome workout log:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=659599573#post659599573

Author of "The Loser Mentality"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=699707851#postcount%20=21

"The Predators Are Feeding (And You're What They're Eating)"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=710146201&postcount=184

IamJon's Sermon at the Breakfast Table:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=713520011&postcount=12

♂ Eat Like a Man ♂

studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) studlete will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I drink 4 gallons of Raw Milk a week. Unpasteurized! Never got sick... never get sick... and when I had a week where I couldn't receive raw milk i switched to regular milk from the stores here in NJ... **** my brains out!

Must know your farmer!

Must be Grass fed cows!

No hormone induced cows!

Article on raw milk and the farmer I get it from
    http://strengthathletes.com/?p=217
    www.strengthathletes.com

"Preperation predicts outcome" -Jon Kalnas

x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IamJonsCranium View Post
    The main thing I've heard is that the proteins are... I forget the word.. but sort of partially destroyed during the pasturization process.
    That's not true, but I'm not asking for what people have heard. There is a ton of misinformation out there regarding the benefits of raw milk and the drawbacks of pasteurized. I'm interested in hearing where the OP obtained his research and what benefits he concluded raw milk has that pasteurized doesn't.

Originally Posted by studlete View Post
    I drink 4 gallons of Raw Milk a week. Unpasteurized! Never got sick... never get sick... and when I had a week where I couldn't receive raw milk i switched to regular milk from the stores here in NJ... **** my brains out!
    I know people who have smoked for years and haven't been sick due to it. So what? The pasteurization process does no affect the taste of milk in the least.

Must know your farmer!

Must be Grass fed cows!

No hormone induced cows!
    Won't make raw milk any safer and skipping the simple step of pasteurization makes no sense.

Article on raw milk and the farmer I get it from
    http://strengthathletes.com/?p=217
    Article is full of fail starting with enzymes in milk being essential for digestion.

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GOMAD'er are like Taliban radicals.

ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by feelsg00dmayne View Post
    edit: srsly speaking though OP, a gallon of milk doesn't have any magical properties. wouldn't you rather indulge in good tasting foods to meeting your caloric needs instead of drinking GOMAD?
    Agreed. The only reason GOMAD works is because it's a surplus of calories with sufficient protein, carbs, and fat. Nothing special.

Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    People on both sides of the fence are right. Though it might contain bacteria which could strengthen our immune system, it contains a lot of it, and some which are just harmful. It would be like deciding to drink milk after not doing so since infancy, you will probably be lactose intolerant. Consider yourself intolerant to these bacteria, perhaps if you had always had them in your diet as such, the story would be different. Just my 2 cents.

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Jharmening View Post
    People on both sides of the fence are right. Though it might contain bacteria which could strengthen our immune system, it contains a lot of it, and some which are just harmful. It would be like deciding to drink milk after not doing so since infancy, you will probably be lactose intolerant. Consider yourself intolerant to these bacteria, perhaps if you had always had them in your diet as such, the story would be different. Just my 2 cents.

Just playing Devil's Advocate, but isn't that the point of working your way up to GOMAD over the course of 5 weeks; so your body has time to adjust to a gradual increase in the bacteria/lactose/etc in a gallon of milk?
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jharmening has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by robbie_vlad View Post
    Just playing Devil's Advocate, but isn't that the point of working your way up to GOMAD over the course of 5 weeks; so your body has time to adjust to a gradual increase in the bacteria/lactose/etc in a gallon of milk?
    You could be right, I don't claim to have done extensive research on it, still a risk I'd imagine, but a smaller one with the 5 week introduction phase. Point well taken.

I have incrementally increased my raw milk consumption as to prepare for the program. The farm I regular is kept sanitary, as I stated above, and they allow me to observe my milk being milked. That's the way a small farm works.

Should I get ill from improper food handling however, you guys will be the first to know. And we will all be the wiser.

@ x-ray vision, the lactase enzyme is essential for digestion as it breaks down the lactose (sugars) in milk. This is something that is not present in pasteurized milk which is why people experience bloating and constipation from excessive intake.
    Last edited by MagnusHawke; 06-23-2011 at 08:07 PM.

AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100) AlMuminoon is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have incrementally increased my raw milk consumption as to prepare for the program. The farm I regular is kept sanitary, as I stated above, and they allow me to observe my milk being milked. That's the way a small farm works.

Should I get ill from improper food handling however, you guys will be the first to know. And we will all be the wiser.

@ x-ray vision, the lactase enzyme is essential for digestion as it breaks down the lactose (sugars) in milk. This is something that is not present in pasteurized milk which is why people experience bloating and constipation from excessive intake.
    I am lactose intolerant, and tried this theory, first glass of raw milk I had the squirts an hour later.

Doesn't work

viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AlMuminoon View Post
    I am lactose intolerant, and tried this theory, first glass of raw milk I had the squirts an hour later.

Doesn't work
    I would think the enzyme helps with typical people who arent totally lactose intolerant. Just a thought though.

This is nonsense, which is why I asked you what your source of research is. Raw milk does not contain both lactose (a sugar) and lactase, the enzyme that breaks it down. If one experiences bloating and constipation from excessive intake of pasteurized milk, they will experience the same effects from raw milk. What was your source of research?

Originally Posted by x-ray vision View Post
    This is nonsense, which is why I asked you what your source of research is. Raw milk does not contain both lactose (a sugar) and lactase, the enzyme that breaks it down. If one experiences bloating and constipation from excessive intake of pasteurized milk, they will experience the same effects from raw milk. What was your source of research?
    Raw milk contains live lactobacilli, which has its bacterially-produced lactase intact. It's not the most "common-knowledge" fact, but a google search should suffice in answering your question. No need for a pubmed backup.

I appreciate your criticism of this diet though! I hope to facilitate a thread dialogue between users and non-users about the pros and cons of raw milk.

Also, I'm sorry to hear raw milk didn't work out for you AlMuminoon. I appreciate your input!

And x-ray negged me into the red.... apparently he did want pubmed.

I will still continue on with the experiment after picking up the milk tomorrow. Then I will post pics and current stats for logging enjoyment :]

Your posting nonsense! Strains of Lactobacillus are added to milk for fermentation, such as in yogurt making. It is not naturally present in cow's milk. Here's the Google search you asked for (from Cornell University):

Another clarification that needs to be made is that fresh milk does not contain lactase. Lactase may be present in dairy products, but it comes from lactic acid bacteria that are either added specifically to milk for fermentation or through airborne or other contamination. It also should be noted that pasteurization does not affect lactose, and pasteurized milk is neither more nor less digestible, nor has a different lactose content than raw milk.
    http://www.milkfacts.info/Nutrition%...n%20Health.htm

And x-ray negged me into the red.... apparently he did want pubmed.
    I asked you multiple times what your source of research was. You didn't answer. You deserve negs for continuing to post inaccurate information without even attempting to back it up. I see more negs in your future.

Interesting. Here's something for you: raw-milk-facts.com/what_is_in_raw_milk.html

"As some people age, their levels of lactase, the enzyme needed to digest lactose, drop significantly. When they consume heat treated dairy products with no remaining food enzyme activity, they lack sufficient lactase to break the milk sugar down, and suffer numerous unpleasant symptoms, notably gas and bloating. Not fun. But raw milk, with live, friendly lactobacilli, has its bacterially-produced lactase intact, so chances are good these folks may be able to tolerate it."

hickorycreekdairy.com/html/why_raw_milk.html
    idahofarmfresh.com/Nutrition-Facts.html

"The amylase, bacterially-produced lactase, lipase and phosphatase in raw milk, break down starch, lactose (milk sugar), fat (triglycerides) and phosphate compounds respectively, making milk more digestible and freeing up key minerals. Other enzymes, like catalase, lysozyme and lactoperoxidase help to protect milk from unwanted bacterial infection, making it safer for us to drink."

Apology accepted with veggies (not the red kind again please, they taste bad).

viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Interesting. Here's something for you: raw-milk-facts.com/what_is_in_raw_milk.html

"As some people age, their levels of lactase, the enzyme needed to digest lactose, drop significantly. When they consume heat treated dairy products with no remaining food enzyme activity, they lack sufficient lactase to break the milk sugar down, and suffer numerous unpleasant symptoms, notably gas and bloating. Not fun. But raw milk, with live, friendly lactobacilli, has its bacterially-produced lactase intact, so chances are good these folks may be able to tolerate it."

hickorycreekdairy.com/html/why_raw_milk.html
    idahofarmfresh.com/Nutrition-Facts.html

"The amylase, bacterially-produced lactase, lipase and phosphatase in raw milk, break down starch, lactose (milk sugar), fat (triglycerides) and phosphate compounds respectively, making milk more digestible and freeing up key minerals. Other enzymes, like catalase, lysozyme and lactoperoxidase help to protect milk from unwanted bacterial infection, making it safer for us to drink."

Apology accepted with veggies (not the red kind again please, they taste bad).
    You really cant rely on pages from Milk Farms... incredibly biased and nowhere near credible.

"However, raw milk, whether from cows or goats, naturally contains lactase."

teacupfarm.com/benefits.html

"Raw milk does have the raw materials needed to produce lactase when and especially, where it is needed most. The presence of lactase, whether directly from raw milk or from the friendly bacteria in the milk, may be considered as the best digestive enzyme for those who enjoy real dairy products. "

raw-food-diet-magazine.com/raw-milk-benefits.html

"CARBOHYDRATES: Lactose is the primary carbohydrate in cow’s milk. People with lactose intolerance can often drink raw milk. This is because raw milk has lactose-digesting bacteria intact. The end result of lactose digestion is a substance called lactic acid. Besides having inhibitory effects on harmful bacteria, lactic acid boosts the absorption of calcium, phosphorus and iron, and has been shown to make milk proteins more digestible."

drcharlieg.com/featured-posts/nutrition-myth-9-raw-milk-is-not-safe/