Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

how many calories should i be getting at these stats?

16 years old 5'10 163 lbs 14-15% BF doing starting streght (or might turn to madcows soon)

im just curious what PL would recommend

ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by glutesondemand View Post
    16 years old 5'10 163 lbs 14-15% BF doing starting streght (or might turn to madcows soon)

im just curious what PL would recommend
    At first I thought you mistakenly posted this at the wrong section until you said you were curious about what powerlifters recommend.

Here's the summary. Eat. Eat alot. Eat a healthy, balanced, high-protein diet, but for the love of God eat some pizza if you have to. There isn't much strict diet planning on getting bigger and stronger. Young powerlifters such as yourself should be focused on eating and sticking on good training programs until you outgrow them.

Best of luck (and rep points please, if you would be so kind.).

glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) glutesondemand is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ViKtoricus View Post
    At first I thought you mistakenly posted this at the wrong section until you said you were curious about what powerlifters recommend.

Here's the summary. Eat. Eat alot. Eat a healthy, balanced, high-protein diet, but for the love of God eat some pizza if you have to. There isn't much strict diet planning on getting bigger and stronger. Young powerlifters such as yourself should be focused on eating and sticking on good training programs until you outgrow them.

Best of luck (and rep points please, if you would be so kind.).
    repped lulz couldnt give less shts about green squares

but from the stats what calorie range would u recommend?

ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    repped lulz couldnt give less shts about green squares

but from the stats what calorie range would u recommend?
    That's where I don't know. lol. Protein should be at least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight while your carbohydrates should be double that amount.

Veggies before supplements!

And for supplements, CREATINE BEFORE WHATEVER!

Thanks for the rep.

mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000)
    eat til ur satisfied. I would suggest a protein meal every 4-5 hours. For me, protein is the base of my diet, i really only eat carbs before working out, which will be some fruit thats around 30-50 grams worth of carbs. The rest of the day is as much protein veggies and fat to satisfy my appetite. Squat went up about 60 lbs and ive lost 16 lbs of fat in about 3 months. Clg bench and front squat went up as well, and thats all ive really tested so far. Not saying u need to do that, just giving u my background, but i would recommend eating til ur satisfied and if ur getting too fat lower ur carbs and replace it with protein/fat.
    best lifts
    Squat 410
    bench 315
    press 185x5
    Deadlift 420
    clean 275

Originally Posted by mitten View Post
    eat til ur satisfied. I would suggest a protein meal every 4-5 hours. For me, protein is the base of my diet, i really only eat carbs before working out, which will be some fruit thats around 30-50 grams worth of carbs. The rest of the day is as much protein veggies and fat to satisfy my appetite. Squat went up about 60 lbs and ive lost 16 lbs of fat in about 3 months. Clg bench and front squat went up as well, and thats all ive really tested so far. Not saying u need to do that, just giving u my background, but i would recommend eating til ur satisfied and if ur getting too fat lower ur carbs and replace it with protein/fat.
    i have a giant appieate and im not one of those people that thinks they eat alot because they havent ate 10 hours and eats alot at a restaurant

if u had to give me an estimate based off those stats what would u believe?

mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000) mitten is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have a giant appieate and im not one of those people that thinks they eat alot because they havent ate 10 hours and eats alot at a restaurant

i couldnt tell u, but what im getting at is it doesnt matter, just eat if ur hungry and dont if ur not.
    best lifts
    Squat 410
    bench 315
    press 185x5
    Deadlift 420
    clean 275

Hi again!

lol. I don't think you'll get the best, scientific advice in this section. Like I said, focus on getting at least a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight and consume DOUBLE that amount too in carbohydrates.

It's not that big of a deal really. Just don't go more than 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight.

Essential fatty acids should be there too. Omega 3 fish oils.

XERXES YGGDRASIL InclineDBPresss's Avatar
    InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're a youngin, just go with the flow man, eat protein after u work out and eat everything your mom, grandmother, friend's mom, girlfriend and cafeteria put in front of you unless you get fat then eat a lil less but not too much less
    My training log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143412923

Intense as fuk bro austin.j.taylor's Avatar
    austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here is what I would recommend.

BW=163
    multiple factor of 13
    Maint. Calories should be at least 2119
    Strength gaining calories should be at least 2500
    I would shoot for 200g of protein for around 800 of those calories, at least 100 grams of fat for 900 calories. 80g carbs from green fibrous vegetables for 240 calories, and fill the 560 or so left with good carb choices. If you arent gaining strength up the cals 200-300 adding in more fats and protein. If you are gaining weight too fast, cut out the extra carbs or carb cycle.

Note: This is broscience from my personal experience. When I want to lean out I like to cut the extra carbs on my non lifting days.
    ★cVc★

My Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174578931

austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ViKtoricus View Post
    lol. I don't think you'll get the best, scientific advice in this section.
    Bite your tongue junior. Just because there arent a lot of ultra lean people here doesnt mean we dont know our nutrition. This is the best section for someone who wants to be strong and we know how to eat to be strong. If you want a bunch of e-scientists go back to the nutrition or fat loss sections.
    ★cVc★

Originally Posted by austin.j.taylor View Post
    Bite your tongue junior. Just because there arent a lot of ultra lean people here doesnt mean we dont know our nutrition. This is the best section for someone who wants to be strong and we know how to eat to be strong. If you want a bunch of e-scientists go back to the nutrition or fat loss sections.
    I didn't mean it that way.

I apologize if I sounded like I was assuming you guys didn't know any better.

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here is what I would recommend.

BW=163
    multiple factor of 13
    Maint. Calories should be at least 2119
    Strength gaining calories should be at least 2500
    I would shoot for 200g of protein for around 800 of those calories, at least 100 grams of fat for 900 calories. 80g carbs from green fibrous vegetables for 240 calories, and fill the 560 or so left with good carb choices. If you arent gaining strength up the cals 200-300 adding in more fats and protein. If you are gaining weight too fast, cut out the extra carbs or carb cycle.

Note: This is broscience from my personal experience. When I want to lean out I like to cut the extra carbs on my non lifting days.
    Good advice here^^^^. I never like the whole eat until you're satisfied or eat when you're hungry idea. If you do that you may or may not be getting enough. I'm not saying that you need to count every single calorie that you put in your body, but having a rough estimate is much better. Another reason having a rough estimate is a good idea, is when you cut you won't end up cutting too much and end up messing up your performance in the gym.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    4,500 calories.
    I don't care.

Originally Posted by zmcdole View Post
    Good advice here^^^^. I never like the whole eat until you're satisfied or eat when you're hungry idea. If you do that you may or may not be getting enough. I'm not saying that you need to count every single calorie that you put in your body, but having a rough estimate is much better. Another reason having a rough estimate is a good idea, is when you cut you won't end up cutting too much and end up messing up your performance in the gym.
    u do realize ur body is capable of regulating itself very well. Like when it needs stuff it produces hormones that increase appetite.
    best lifts
    Squat 410
    bench 315
    press 185x5
    Deadlift 420
    clean 275

u do realize ur body is capable of regulating itself very well. Like when it needs stuff it produces hormones that increase appetite.
    It works for some better than others. When I get busy doing things I tend to miss meals by hours unintenionally. If I could be busy all the time, I would weigh 165 pounds.
    ★cVc★

WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldDomnit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do what I do.
    You're hungry? Eat the first things you see whether its oreos, fruit and pasta.
    You're thirsty? Drink lots of juice/milk/water. Chug.
    You're both? Drink protein shakes.

Total: 2500-5000 calories depending on how I feel.
    Bench 402 (ace)/ 385 (440 in slingshot)
    Squat 600 (predators + frantz canvas) / 441lbs
    Dead lift 551 (super centurion+ predators) /578lbs
    Power Clean 100kg x 8
    Vertical 29in

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was completely unaware actually. Do you have a link or some references to this?
    1708 total @220 Raw

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Originally Posted by WorldDomnit View Post
    Do what I do.
    You're hungry? Eat the first things you see whether its oreos, fruit and pasta.
    You're thirsty? Drink lots of juice/milk/water. Chug.
    You're both? Drink protein shakes.

Total: 2500-5000 calories depending on how I feel.
    That's a huge range dude. 2500 is most likely not nearly enough at your weight and 5,000 is probably a little too much. If you don't care about getting too heavy for your weight class or putting on unnecessary fat, then 5,000 is fine.
    1708 total @220 Raw

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It works for some better than others. When I get busy doing things I tend to miss meals by hours unintenionally. If I could be busy all the time, I would weigh 165 pounds.
    And I'm the exact opposite. I've always had an unnaturally high appetite.

I was completely unaware actually. Do you have a link or some references to this?
    leptin and ghrelin
    best lifts
    Squat 410
    bench 315
    press 185x5
    Deadlift 420
    clean 275

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    leptin and ghrelin
    lol sorry but you implied that a persons appetite should be their guide as to how much to eat (as if your body will somehow know that your minds goal is to gain 50 pounds... but that aside). You did not back up that claim by simply typing the name of 2 hormones.

Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    lol sorry but you implied that a persons appetite should be their guide as to how much to eat (as if your body will somehow know that your minds goal is to gain 50 pounds... but that aside). You did not back up that claim by simply typing the name of 2 hormones.
    he can go into more research if he likes. As for gaining weight, lifting will create a stimulus and increase appetite, so u will require more calories that way. I read why we get fat, and something i read from that is, we overeat cuz we are growing, we arent growing cuz we are overeating. Think of a little kid going through puberty and growing quickly. Hes not growing cuz he eats more, he is growing and requiring more calories to function. Lifting will create a stimulus to grow, and require more calories. It makes sense to me to listen to ur body. This is just my understanding of it.
    best lifts
    Squat 410
    bench 315
    press 185x5
    Deadlift 420
    clean 275

he can go into more research if he likes. As for gaining weight, lifting will create a stimulus and increase appetite, so u will require more calories that way. I read why we get fat, and something i read from that is, we overeat cuz we are growing, we arent growing cuz we are overeating. Think of a little kid going through puberty and growing quickly. Hes not growing cuz he eats more, he is growing and requiring more calories to function. Lifting will create a stimulus to grow, and require more calories. It makes sense to me to listen to ur body. This is just my understanding of it.
    You're exactly right about listening to your body and there's no doubt that lifting or any physical activity will create an increase in appetite. However, it's more complicated than that. If I ate when I was hungry, I'd be saying bye bye 198lb class. I'd be 220 easy. The opposite happens to a lot of people. Some people have little to no appetite and complain about having to eat. Eating when hungry is really gonna be a failure for them cause they'll never get enough.

I listen to my body all the time. As a matter of fact, I've just recently upped my calories. I needed to add calories to increase recovery due to the HEAVY poundage's I'm hitting in my training cycle. Did I just keep eating every time I was hungry? No. Like I said, if I did that I wouldn't be a 198'er for long.

A lot of young 16,17, and 18 year olds can eat when hungry, eat till they puke, or just eat whatever they want cause they're in that stage where their test is still on the rise and they're making those NOOB gains. It still doesn't mean what they're doing is optimal.
    1708 total @220 Raw

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well your 16 so metabolism, and hormone levels are really high right now plus your probably fairly active at that age so you could eat a lot more calories then older lifter. Always shoot for more then less calories, you will more then likely burn the excess and you don't want to under eat-feel crappy and wont gain as well- don't worry about little excess fat. If protein/cal is high and you lift heavy often you will make good gains.
    updated 2011
    Hw-Alistair overeem, Brock lesnar, Sergei Kharitonov
    Lhw-jon jones, Gegard Mousasi, Lyoto machida
    Mw-Chael sonnen, Yushin Okami, Ronaldo souza
    ww-Jake shields, Ben Askren, Josh Koscheck
    lw-Bj penn, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Eddie Alvarez
    fw-jose aldo, Hatsu Hioki, Kenny Florian
    bw-Urijah Faber

guys im thinking about ****ing it and going like around 4.2k kcals based off those stats i wanna get stronger and do anything to get stronger faster but is 4.2k to much?

let me note its all 'good cals' i get pasta greens milk peanuts 'healthly' food if i do 4.2k kcals
    escpailly alot of milk eating right at 4.2k is just to hard

^^^ bump for above question

You're exactly right about listening to your body and there's no doubt that lifting or any physical activity will create an increase in appetite. However, it's more complicated than that. If I ate when I was hungry, I'd be saying bye bye 198lb class. I'd be 220 easy.
    how about this, i was able to lose weight and increase strength just by switching my macros to a more protein/fat focused diet without any calorie restriction. I think that if u were to do that, u wouldnt gain fat, ud still be able to compete at 198. When i was eating more carbs, i would try to restrict my eating to 2500 cals, i could slowly gain weight that way without blowing up to whale level, but i could eat 2700 to 3200 easily if i ate when i was hungry and satisfied. I think my train of thought really only works with a low carb high protein diet tho.
    best lifts
    Squat 410
    bench 315
    press 185x5
    Deadlift 420
    clean 275

last bump

how about this, i was able to lose weight and increase strength just by switching my macros to a more protein/fat focused diet without any calorie restriction. I think that if u were to do that, u wouldnt gain fat, ud still be able to compete at 198. When i was eating more carbs, i would try to restrict my eating to 2500 cals, i could slowly gain weight that way without blowing up to whale level, but i could eat 2700 to 3200 easily if i ate when i was hungry and satisfied. I think my train of thought really only works with a low carb high protein diet tho.
    Most likely you lost weight when you went to a higher protein/fat diet because you lost glycogen. You need carbs to have glycogen. People that go on low carb, keto diets, or cut a good chunk of their carbs out will lose weight very quickly. It's mostly water weight/glycogen. You still kept your strength because you didn't actually cut your calories you just swapped out some macros.

In the end it doesn't matter though. The basic law of thermodynamics remains the same. Calories in vs. Calories out. You eat more than you need and you store fat and vice versa regardless of macro-nutrient breakdown.
    1708 total @220 Raw