crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Crownroyle's OBF Summer 2011 Log

I hired a well known online trainer about a week and a half ago. He's got me working my butt off both in the gym and in the kitchen. I figured I would log what i'm going through, but with respect to the trainer, not give too many details... So here goes!

Stats:
    30 y/o
    5'10"
    210 ~18% BF

Training:
    5 workouts (with a lot more volume than I am used to), followed by post workout cardio that will increase as the weeks go on. I'll try to get these workouts done within a week, but due to time constraints I may have to take days off from time to time.

Diet:
    6 meals with... Lots of protein! Moderate amount of carbs. And some good fats mixed in.
    So far, i've noticed it is hard to get all these meals in throughout the day.

Goals:
    10% BF would be good.
    I want to see what I can actually do when I have someone holding me accountable with my diet and training.

I'll try to update this pretty often.
    Good luck to all in the OBF this summer.

Crownroyle

crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) crownroyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Spot saved, and post number 30. lol

klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Subbed best of luck brother

Originally Posted by klybern View Post
    Subbed best of luck brother
    Thanks. You too.

Hitting the diet well so far today. No desire to cheat what so ever.

Not able to get to the gym at my normal time. My wife and I took the kids and went to the gym though. I knew she wouldn't want to be there long enough for me to get my workout in so I just played some pickup basketball. Pretty good cardio anyways. I think I might hit the gym after work in the morning. Main focus will be shoulders.

Oh, and I grabbed a paper at work, so I will be taking pics when I get up this afternoon.

GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50) GreenMailer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by crownroyle View Post
    I hired a well known online trainer about a week and a half ago. He's got me working my butt off both in the gym and in the kitchen. I figured I would log what i'm going through, but with respect to the trainer, not give too many details... So here goes!

Stats:
    30 y/o
    5'10"
    210 ~18% BF

Training:
    5 workouts (with a lot more volume than I am used to), followed by post workout cardio that will increase as the weeks go on. I'll try to get these workouts done within a week, but due to time constraints I may have to take days off from time to time.

Diet:
    6 meals with... Lots of protein! Moderate amount of carbs. And some good fats mixed in.
    So far, i've noticed it is hard to get all these meals in throughout the day.

Goals:
    10% BF would be good.
    I want to see what I can actually do when I have someone holding me accountable with my diet and training.

I'll try to update this pretty often.
    Good luck to all in the OBF this summer.

Crownroyle
    Subbed.

Good Luck bro!
    Green Mailer

My New Transformation LOG - Join My Journey
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139203213&p=771926183#post771926183

Thanks man.

Before pics are up in bodyspace. Motivating!

Hit my back before work. Pulldown variations, seated cable rows, barbell rows, and hyperextensions. Nothing like frying your back and then trying to do barbell rows. Its embarassing to do half the weight you're used to doing.
    And some abs, since I wasn't able to get them in yesterday when I was supposed to do them.

Followed up with 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Weight after workout was 207ish.

Food: Did not feel like cooking my meals at all! So far today i've just been doing protein shakes. Not exactly, what I should be doing, but oh well i'll live.

Tomorrow: Got a baseball game. No gym for me.

I'm about 2 weeks into my cut. Feeling good, definately losing some bodyfat.
    Played some basketball yesterday for cardio. I can get up for a short, fat, white guy. Grabbed rim and hung with both hands. Maybe in a few months I would be able to dunk. That would be interesting.

Anyways.... I fit in my scheduled workout for the day also. Highlight of that would be bench pressing 225 for 11. Which I think is pretty good for someone that doesn't bench very often.

Diet has been good. I am out of protein powder at the moment. I should have a shipment coming in the next couple of days.
    Hard to eat a lot of calories when everything you are eating is chicken breast and rice. I'm almost sick of eating at times.

Update:
    Had a nice little arm workout today. Definately got a good "pump". It would be nice if my arms looked like that all the time.
    Followed up with 35 minutes on the stairclimber.

Half way through the day and I've hit 1000 cals so far. 100 grams of protein.

And weight was 208 after my workout.

BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) BDancer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck. Looks like your doing great so far
    Rosanne

Massacred my quads today.
    Leg extensions 3x12 (stack)
    Back squats 3x 10 8 8 (225,275,275) Deep of course. no quartersquats.
    Leg press 4x10 2 with feet wide and 2 with feet in
    Smith front squats 3x15 (brutal)
    calves 4x20

And to top it off I tortured myself on the stairmaster for 25 minutes. I wanted off that damn thing every second I was on it.

Weight is not dropping that fast, but I think I am still recovering from this weekends bingeing. Although the weight isn't plummeting, I think I am looking better in the mirror.

Gotta keep going

dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sub'ed - I subbed to see how you do with your trainer. Has he given any guidelines on what eat? I'm your height, a lot older and need to loose at least 15 lbs on this challenge, but having a real hard time being disciplined. I spent over a year dieting getting down from 235 and got really tired of chicken and broccoli.
    Rick (dynoweb)

Keg to Six Pack http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124881471
    OBF-2011 thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135878941 - not active
    You have to carry the cross to wear the crown.

Originally Posted by dynoweb View Post
    Sub'ed - I subbed to see how you do with your trainer. Has he given any guidelines on what eat? I'm your height, a lot older and need to loose at least 15 lbs on this challenge, but having a real hard time being disciplined. I spent over a year dieting getting down from 235 and got really tired of chicken and broccoli.
    Well, there certainly isn't anything exciting or magical to the diet he wrote out for me. Basically there are 6 meals a day. 3 of which are whole food and the other 3 are protein drink based. An example of a whole food meal would be 7oz cooked lean meat with 5 or 6 oz brown rice/potato. And you can eat as much broccoli or green veggies and you want, but he doesn't feel they are that necessary. The protein drink meals are around the workout or for the last meal of the day. These could include peanut butter or almonds.
    Thats basically it. Nothing exciting in there right.
    Now, if you were to hire him or anyone else, he would work with your individual needs. He's a cool guy and he lays it all out there for you.

The one thing I like about his diet is that he allows you to eat more carbs than you might be used to. You need carbs for energy and the workouts hes got me doing are grueling.

So it's been about 3 weeks being serious. I think i've lost about 5-6 pounds, but I don't like to go by the scale. Visually, I'm looking leaner Strength seems to be going up. Things are going well

dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dynoweb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well, there certainly isn't anything exciting or magical to the diet he wrote out for me. Basically there are 6 meals a day. 3 of which are whole food and the other 3 are protein drink based. An example of a whole food meal would be 7oz cooked lean meat with 5 or 6 oz brown rice/potato. And you can eat as much broccoli or green veggies and you want, but he doesn't feel they are that necessary. The protein drink meals are around the workout or for the last meal of the day. These could include peanut butter or almonds.
    Thats basically it. Nothing exciting in there right.
    Now, if you were to hire him or anyone else, he would work with your individual needs. He's a cool guy and he lays it all out there for you.

The one thing I like about his diet is that he allows you to eat more carbs than you might be used to. You need carbs for energy and the workouts hes got me doing are grueling.
    I'm also currently working with a trainer. He's working more on my exercise program than my diet. He's a NPC top contender hoping to get his pro card. One of the things I like about him is that he started lifting later in life so he's more aware of working with an older body. He'll be 50 this year and had been working hard on his body building for the last 7 years.

That sounds pretty normal. The one thing that I've heard different to that is that the veggies are important because they provide a variety of nutrients that you need. I hope he's got you taking a good multi-vitamin also.

What are you doing with the lean meats? How much is the more carbs than you're used to? Are your carb sources restricted to fruits, brown rice, sweet potato, whole wheat pastas and bread?

So it's been about 3 weeks being serious. I think i've lost about 5-6 pounds, but I don't like to go by the scale. Visually, I'm looking leaner Strength seems to be going up. Things are going well
    That's certainly more important than the scale. Sounds like you're doing great keep up the good work.
    Rick (dynoweb)

Keg to Six Pack http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124881471
    OBF-2011 thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135878941 - not active
    You have to carry the cross to wear the crown.