Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy Oh My Goodness...

Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    food so far today: 2 cups of coffee, 2 tbls lowfat creamer, 2 packets stevia
    1 piece of ezekial bread with 2 tbls natural peanut butter(260)
    whey shake/water(130)
    lunch was a huge grilled chicken salad with feta and olives. I ate it all.ya I have no idea but its got to be at least 400 cal
    preworkout shake(130)
    postworkout shake(130+frozen fruit (60) +70 for yogurt) 260 so I think I am up to about 1200 so this leaves dinner and another shake at bedtime for 130 more
    I may be going in to town to do some grocery shopping so dinner may be on the run but I wll add it in later
    ^^^^^
    Thought I'd stop by & check you out
    LBM this is not good *pointing at your 1310 cals* you have to stop eating like this....

trust the process & trust that your body NEEDS fuel in order to lose fat

If you need, Kimm4 is an on-line P.T... she is very reasonably rated
    I have her involved & she has put me back to maintenance for a month then she will provide me with my "proper caloric defecit" based on my training program, like I said in the 1st week here of maintenance down .5 lb so she must know what she is doing!

Please stop eating like this... you must get your cals up even if slowly 100 a week til you are at least @ 1800....

Prromise me?
    "Eating to lose is a mind Fawk, but there is science and logic behind it, then we'll get you bulking and mess with your mind some more" - Freebird
    "I lift heavy things, then put them back down...seriously, it's not rocket science..." -Kimm4
    "My two cents, not everyone wants to hear it though... If doing this was easy, everyone would be fit." - Rowyn
    Success is relative...Define Your Own! - Soopamyko

Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Arrow This is How

i went on one of those calore tracking sites and punched in what i typically eat in one day and then added in the two protein shakes i drink. I only hit 1800 calories. Crud...now i got think about how to add more to it. I guess i should be at least at 2000 which sounds gigantic to me. I think i will add back in the one more protein shake before the workout and then the cottage cheese again right before bed. Worries me though, this adding more food instead of subtracting it. How can i lose weight by eating more?
    feed the muscle, lose the fat!
    "Eating to lose is a mind Fawk, but there is science and logic behind it, then we'll get you bulking and mess with your mind some more" - Freebird
    "I lift heavy things, then put them back down...seriously, it's not rocket science..." -Kimm4
    "My two cents, not everyone wants to hear it though... If doing this was easy, everyone would be fit." - Rowyn

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Freak4Fitness View Post
    ^^^^^
    Thought I'd stop by & check you out
    LBM this is not good *pointing at your 1310 cals* you have to stop eating like this....

trust the process & trust that your body NEEDS fuel in order to lose fat

If you need, Kimm4 is an on-line P.T... she is very reasonably rated
    I have her involved & she has put me back to maintenance for a month then she will provide me with my "proper caloric defecit" based on my training program, like I said in the 1st week here of maintenance down .5 lb so she must know what she is doing!

Please stop eating like this... you must get your cals up even if slowly 100 a week til you are at least @ 1800....

Prromise me?
    hey...I ate a chicken burrito too on the way home from shopping that had to put me up to 2000

Thumbs up Ok!

hey...I ate a chicken burrito too on the way home from shopping that had to put me up to 2000
    Ya, I saw that one... good job!

Hell I don't even have supper logged in right now & I am at 1550 cals that's up to afternoon snack

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I read some more info on this whole messed up metabolism stuff. this may just take a little longer to fix then i thought...I am at 1800 and have been for a long time. If I add milk back into the shakes instead of water and then add the extra shake I think I am hitting 2000 which for me is a big increase so for now that is what I am going to do. I read that the goal is to increase the calories slowly. see....the weird part is I was doing the cheat days all along. I ate ice cream or pizza once a week from the beginning and my body still stalled out. so i guess I may get to go thru all kind of side effects like: bloat, temp increase, mood swings. uh-huh might as well call it menopause. oh goody. see the nice thing about being fat in the gut already? I am already bloated everyday of my life. no, I dont get on the scale. I know from the measurements if my body is changing or not.the scale does not rule my life anymore and it is not my friend. I carry a lot more muscle then I did so i use the tape measure. worried, worried about this though.

I read some more info on this whole messed up metabolism stuff. this may just take a little longer to fix then i thought...I am at 1800 and have been for a long time. If I add milk back into the shakes instead of water and then add the extra shake I think I am hitting 2000 which for me is a big increase so for now that is what I am going to do. I read that the goal is to increase the calories slowly. see....the weird part is I was doing the cheat days all along. I ate ice cream or pizza once a week from the beginning and my body still stalled out. so i guess I may get to go thru all kind of side effects like: bloat, temp increase, mood swings. uh-huh might as well call it menopause. oh goody. see the nice thing about being fat in the gut already? I am already bloated everyday of my life. no, I dont get on the scale. I know from the measurements if my body is changing or not.the scale does not rule my life anymore and it is not my friend. I carry a lot more muscle then I did so i use the tape measure. worried, worried about this though.
    cant help but think this metabolism repair group well this cant be me...have you seen the pretty little girls in this group? some of them are very young and do not even weigh a hundred pounds. where is the overeaters group? the food junkie group? now that one I belong to big time. I realize though that I actually belong to both. there have been times in my life when I have eaten whatever sounded good whenever I wanted to and allowed my health to go downhill as the scale went up. years of this being depressed and letting it go on and on. there have been times in my life when I have taken back control of my diet. I have restricted my calories as a punishment for allowing myself to get fat in the first place. I have exercised like a demon possessed cause the weight was not coming off fast enough. I am if nothing else, a woman of extremes. I am either living in denial and depression and getting fatter or I am trying like a crazy woman to get thinner. where is the happy median?

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you find this group please let me know
    Maybe we can start our own
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Talking

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    If you find this group please let me know
    Maybe we can start our own
    Definitely!! but what would we call ourselves?

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Definitely!! but what would we call ourselves?
    LOL

I so suck at names
    It took me forever to come up with my journal title
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Talking

LOL

I so suck at names
    It took me forever to come up with my journal title
    Gluttens for Punishment has a nice ring to it...

Gluttens for Punishment has a nice ring to it...
    LOL
    I love that
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

measurements
    bicep: 14
    underarm: 15
    chest: 37
    mid drift: 35
    belly button: 39 this goes up and two two to three inches depending on time of month
    hips: 45
    thigh: 19 and a half
    calf: 14
    those look about the same. feeling stronger lately in backs of thighs which is good
    things I ate today so far:
    kasha go lean, milk, walnuts, wheat germ and my usual two cups coffee with lowfat half/half and stevia this is about 300 calories
    lunch was two scrambled eggs with onion, mushs, gr pepps. one piece bacon, one piece ezekial bread with margerine. the eggs were 170, teh toast was 80, the bacon was 50 and then the veggies and margerine had to put me up to 350
    the preworkout shake will be 230 if I make it with milk
    the postworkout shake will run 300 if I make it with milk, yogurt, fruit and protein.
    dinner will be so far: grilled hamburger on a skinny bun with lett, toma, onion, ketch, must, pickle. salad with dressing(80-100?), cottage cheese(90), and some sugar free jello with banana and dreamwhip on top(40). I looked up a hamburger and with the bun it runs 300 so dinner will be at least 500.
    oookk...300 for break + 350+530+500=Uhh plus another shake before bed 230 now I am have got to be hitting at least 2000 right? the dressing for dinner has olive oil in it.

Talking I'm In for Dat!

LOL
    I love that
    Me too!

kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tough love alert:

calories are calories to an extent, but i don't see you taking any note of your macros. you have made great progress on relieving your diet of most processed foods, but almost every day i am seeing either fast food of margarine or dreamwhip. Now I'm not saying any of this is bad, but it all counts. I would also suggest that the comments about "I guess" or "I estimate" tend to be WAY low, in my experience.

I think that the whole 'fix my broken metabolism' is a step after really, honestly taking a look at what you are eating.

In the most basic form, 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat is a good place to start.

Sorry, getting the majority of your calories from fat and carbs simply are not going to yield the results you expect from calorie restriction. It's a science thing And I am with Freak4Fitness, if you can afford it, get a professional plan from one of the amazing female trainers here, it just might make things click into place.
    when ego is lost, limit is lost

LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO

frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frogisco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cant help but think this metabolism repair group well this cant be me...have you seen the pretty little girls in this group? some of them are very young and do not even weigh a hundred pounds. where is the overeaters group? the food junkie group? now that one I belong to big time. I realize though that I actually belong to both. there have been times in my life when I have eaten whatever sounded good whenever I wanted to and allowed my health to go downhill as the scale went up. years of this being depressed and letting it go on and on. there have been times in my life when I have taken back control of my diet. I have restricted my calories as a punishment for allowing myself to get fat in the first place. I have exercised like a demon possessed cause the weight was not coming off fast enough. I am if nothing else, a woman of extremes. I am either living in denial and depression and getting fatter or I am trying like a crazy woman to get thinner. where is the happy median?
    For the love of God.....are you reading my mind again?? I do believe we were separated at birth.

And I'm totally down with gluttons for punishment......no one under 24%BF allowed!! LOL

Talking

Originally Posted by frogisco View Post
    For the love of God.....are you reading my mind again?? I do believe we were separated at birth.

And I'm totally down with gluttons for punishment......no one under 24%BF allowed!! LOL
    ha! dont know very many that may actually want to admit to belonging to this messed up group.

Talking

Originally Posted by kitebean View Post
    Tough love alert:

calories are calories to an extent, but i don't see you taking any note of your macros. you have made great progress on relieving your diet of most processed foods, but almost every day i am seeing either fast food of margarine or dreamwhip. Now I'm not saying any of this is bad, but it all counts. I would also suggest that the comments about "I guess" or "I estimate" tend to be WAY low, in my experience.

I think that the whole 'fix my broken metabolism' is a step after really, honestly taking a look at what you are eating.

In the most basic form, 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat is a good place to start.

Sorry, getting the majority of your calories from fat and carbs simply are not going to yield the results you expect from calorie restriction. It's a science thing And I am with Freak4Fitness, if you can afford it, get a professional plan from one of the amazing female trainers here, it just might make things click into place.
    ya I know the dreamwhip is bad news I made it for the kids to put on their jello. I really wanted some melon but did not get to the store and had this ripe banana to use up. Ya I know the margerine is bad news too, I usually use a small amount of real butter but we are out. Can you tell it's almost time to do the shopping. Am I getting the majority of my calories from fat and carbs? I thought I was consuming a lot of protein...hmmm stop yelling at me.

workout today
    deadlifts with the big bar
    My son said yes, you do count the weight of the bar and whatever you put on it and he was in powerlifting so today I did
    60 lbs for 12 reps
    65 lbs for 10 reps
    70 lbs for 8 reps
    this one feels good, feels like I could bump it up a bit next week
    chest
    barbell flies laying down on bench were
    20 lbs for 12 reps
    25 lbs for 10 reps
    27 and a half lbs for 8 reps powerblocks bump up by odd amounts sometimes
    same thing for the peck/decks
    bench press
    55lbs for 12 reps
    60lbs for 10 reps
    65 lbs for 8 reps

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey, we do yell at each other here Straight talk is a blessing and shouldn't be taken personally. It's a good thing! Too many people blow smoke up each other's butts, especially in journals. If you listen to the tough talk, you'll go further. It can be hard at times, I've had some rocks thrown at my head, but I'll be forever grateful!

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Hey, we do yell at each other here Straight talk is a blessing and shouldn't be taken personally. It's a good thing! Too many people blow smoke up each other's butts, especially in journals. If you listen to the tough talk, you'll go further. It can be hard at times, I've had some rocks thrown at my head, but I'll be forever grateful!

I know..me too
    I like the straight talk i figure if you are going to put yourself out there you should be ready for it
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

Talking

I know..me too
    I like the straight talk i figure if you are going to put yourself out there you should be ready for it
    relax ladies, I got a tough skin. I can take it. besides I was just kiddin with her. sheesh

eat less and exercise more

I think i need to lose weight
    your mom says eat less, exercise more
    i think i need to lose weight
    your friends say eat less and exercise more
    I think I really need to lose weight
    your doctor says eat less and exercise more
    eat less, exercise more
    eat less, exercise more
    I could fill pages and pages with how many times I have been given this advice in my life

sooo I come onto this sight and begin looking around and asking questions and I get told:
    Eat more and exercise less.....wait, what?????
    less cardio, do more heavy lifting. uh huh
    eat more now, you cannot lift heavier on less fuel
    eat more, lift heavier
    eat more, lift heavier
    gotta say, not what i expected to hear but then again maybe that's a good thing
    all I know is that same old/same old bullsh*t was not working very well anymore

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    relax ladies, I got a tough skin. I can take it. besides I was just kiddin with her. sheesh
    Good! It's really hard to get emotions just reading words on a screen. Sarcasm, anger, kidding around can all be mistaken for something else. We'll learn your ways

I think i need to lose weight
    your mom says eat less, exercise more
    i think i need to lose weight
    your friends say eat less and exercise more
    I think I really need to lose weight
    your doctor says eat less and exercise more
    eat less, exercise more
    eat less, exercise more
    I could fill pages and pages with how many times I have been given this advice in my life

sooo I come onto this sight and begin looking around and asking questions and I get told:
    Eat more and exercise less.....wait, what?????
    less cardio, do more heavy lifting. uh huh
    eat more now, you cannot lift heavier on less fuel
    eat more, lift heavier
    eat more, lift heavier
    gotta say, not what i expected to hear but then again maybe that's a good thing
    all I know is that same old/same old bullsh*t was not working very well anymore

Yep. But, all that advice about eating less, exercise more is correct *if* you just want to lose weight and your exercise of choice is cardio with maybe some wimpy weight workout.

Here, you learn that you want to lose bf, not weight, that lifting does more for fat loss than cardio, and that you not only want to preserve your muscle mass (which we lose slowly over time) but you want to gain muscle mass. And you learn to eat proper amounts so not to stall out on fat loss, not lose muscle mass, and in the process eliminate binges and yo-yo dieting.

We were taught badly our whole lives.

AAAHHH
    Now my feeling are hurt
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wolfpack7483 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I want to be FBM and KB when I grow up!
    Those who do not move, do not notice their chains. Rosa Luxemburg

Talking

Originally Posted by wolfpack7483 View Post
    I want to be FBM and KB when I grow up!
    me too no wait am I already a grown up?? Nope I am a Late Bloomer!!!

Talking

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Good! It's really hard to get emotions just reading words on a screen. Sarcasm, anger, kidding around can all be mistaken for something else. We'll learn your ways

Yep. But, all that advice about eating less, exercise more is correct *if* you just want to lose weight and your exercise of choice is cardio with maybe some wimpy weight workout.

Here, you learn that you want to lose bf, not weight, that lifting does more for fat loss than cardio, and that you not only want to preserve your muscle mass (which we lose slowly over time) but you want to gain muscle mass. And you learn to eat proper amounts so not to stall out on fat loss, not lose muscle mass, and in the process eliminate binges and yo-yo dieting.

We were taught badly our whole lives.
    soooooo BF does not mean best friend? or boy friend? Ya, kidddin on that one too. I do deeply appreciate your expertise and willingness to butt heads with me over this. I am as stubborn as they come and often times my own worst enemy when it comes to my health but I am willing to try.

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "Same old bull**** not working anymore"...if you've figured this out than you're a million miles ahead of most women/people and headed in the right direction..

that direction being, of course, towards pure musclebound enlightened awesomeness...

Originally Posted by bosgirlin09 View Post
    "Same old bull**** not working anymore"...if you've figured this out than you're a million miles ahead of most women/people and headed in the right direction..

that direction being, of course, towards pure musclebound enlightened awesomeness...
    That would be really ...really ...COOL!!!

kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000)
    lolz it take alot more than that to scare me off! and besides, you can't de-friend me here!

it's hard to analyse your food intake without all the figures but at a quick guesstimate I'd say you are at about 220-250 g of carbs, 100-125 g of protein and 50g-70g fat.... ~2000cals

a more ideal macro breakdown would be 170c 170p 50f = 1810 cals

Get yourself a scale and just try tracking for a few days. Don't be scared, just do it so you can prove that you aren't in denial I just know from experience that for example a 'huge chicken salad with feta and olives' that you guesstimate at 400 cals was probably more like 700 - with ~50g of fat.

And I always feel a bit guilty about insinuating that any food is better than any other, because I am firmly in "if it fits your macros" camp. It is very liberating to know that you can eat the foods you love and still be on plan.
    when ego is lost, limit is lost

LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO