Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good Morning! I just stumbled upon your journal and read through it. Here are a few things I think you may want to keep in mind.....People can be whomever they want to be on the internet. They can be nasty as hell and say things they would never say to your face because they are not talking to you face to face. They're behind a screen and on a keyboard typing crap. It's easy. So I wouldn't let it get to you. Some comments aren't even worth a replay. It will just needlessly stress you out and those people really aren't worth it. Stick with the positive people in your life. Boot out the negative ones.

You seem to be a very giving person, but some of your comments seem like you're giving of yourself at your expense. My best friend once told me "You can't control what people say or do, you can only control how you react to it." I try to always keep that in mind. Maybe that will help you too.

You're doing a great job with your workouts and progress! I'm here to cheer you on! Walk into that gym and let the stress of the world go away. For that hour it's just you and the weights. Keep it up!!
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by swooshie View Post
    Good Morning! I just stumbled upon your journal and read through it. Here are a few things I think you may want to keep in mind.....People can be whomever they want to be on the internet. They can be nasty as hell and say things they would never say to your face because they are not talking to you face to face. They're behind a screen and on a keyboard typing crap. It's easy. So I wouldn't let it get to you. Some comments aren't even worth a replay. It will just needlessly stress you out and those people really aren't worth it. Stick with the positive people in your life. Boot out the negative ones.

You seem to be a very giving person, but some of your comments seem like you're giving of yourself at your expense. My best friend once told me "You can't control what people say or do, you can only control how you react to it." I try to always keep that in mind. Maybe that will help you too.

You're doing a great job with your workouts and progress! I'm here to cheer you on! Walk into that gym and let the stress of the world go away. For that hour it's just you and the weights. Keep it up!!
    thank you! I appreciate that you stopped by and your very nice words. yes, I know...I need to develop a thicker skin. get my feelings hurt way to easy.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    squats: 115 lbs
    3x10
    butterflies 30 lb dumbells
    3x8
    pes dec flies
    3x8
    hammer curls:
    30 lb dumbell
    3x8
    step-ups
    100 lbs
    3x8
    have not done macros yet
    let's see I had coffee, oatmeal, egg
    two shakes..
    have not eaten dinner yet
    did half hour cardio this morning
    tend to walk around and do laps in between leg exercises...helps loosen em up.

Hey all well lets see now..what I have been up to this weekend. my son had his big number 11 birthday today so we ate cake and he opened gifts. Does not seem like it has been that long since I was in the hospital having him.
    I changed my AVI-- no not because I felt like it really. Ummm husband will be home by the end of the month and did not want him stumbling across my face. my legs could be mistaken for someone else's.
    I went into my dashboard and turned off the ability to post comments and rate my pics on my bodyspace page. I also deleted all but a couple of em.
    I cut my friend list waaaaaaay down to people that I like that actually talk to me as a person and not
    "hey baby, you are hawt..."
    what else...oh ya on friday I got my fist neg from a poster that did not like my comment to her.
    I thought, ok what's one little neg?
    On saturday I got a MOD neg....down went my points by 500...I guess she too thought I was being overly mean to a young girl that is hanging out in the over 35's
    I find it interesting that you can say more stuff in the fem misc then in the over 35 misc
    well, whatever. I post what I want. like it or not. Now, I dont go out of my way to be mean. I post nice advice sometimes too.
    so BIG LEARNING LESSON HERE... I figured out this private messaging back and forth stuff
    people send you a message...you answer when you have time...send it back...maybe they answer you right away, maybe not...maybe they dont answer til the next day...or not at all
    sometimes you have someone that answers right away and you answer, they do and so on and so on like a conversation.
    other times someone takes so long to answer you forget what the heck the question was you asked..Ha. No more hurt feelings though. I think my skin is thickening.

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey girl,
    Well Happy Birthday to your son. I know they grow up so fast.
    LOL..I like the pic of your feet..it is different and i totally understand why you did it...
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

thanks vanessa...
    voice in my head pounding loud today...
    serves me right
    what is it saying ..?
    what the fug do you think you are doing?
    talking about your life? talking about your feelings? getting all sappy and weak are ya?
    why? what good does it do you? any? no it is weakness. good.
    how did you survive this long by getting all in touch with your emotions? no
    good. you put that sheet back away where it belongs. it is not for you.
    were you given a golden ticket to happiness? no.
    are you going to be given one? no
    good. will your life change from what it is now when you go from being alone half a year to being alone all year? no.
    what will you be doing? taking care of my kids, working, taking care of my home. anything else? no
    then you need to put that other crap away...does you no d*mn good. creates false hope in you which will always lead to disappointment and your own misery.
    now go down stairs and do your God d*mn workout.
    Last edited by latebloomingmom; 10-18-2011 at 06:40 PM.

right
    pulls today
    deadlifts
    135 lbs
    3x10
    seated rows at 85 lbs til exhausted
    back/lats
    85 lbs
    4 sets of 3x8
    bicep hammer curls
    3x8 25 lbs
    20 lbs til exhausted.

who are the people you can count on in your life? 3 of em. who are they? my brother and my sons
    who will rescue you from your own life? nobody. who will have to do it? I will.
    do people really want to know about you or your life? no
    will they understand why you stayed for 20 years? no
    why did you? sacrificed my own needs for the needs of my children
    does this make you weak? no
    what will you do tomorrow? the same things I do everyday I will get up take care of my children, take care of my home, take care of myself. good
    does anything else matter? no

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi lbmom...in reading through here, sounds like you're going through a crossroads perhaps in life. Just know, sending you good positive thoughts...

And at least one of us is doing deadlifts these days. nice job! Keep the faith. Stay strong.

thanks wegs...just me kicking me in the butt. sometimes I need it. been talking way too much about my life to someone and that is never a good thing...need to learn to just shut-up and deal with it.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    thanks wegs...just me kicking me in the butt. sometimes I need it. been talking way too much about my life to someone and that is never a good thing...need to learn to just shut-up and deal with it.
    actually, it's perfectly fine to talk to people, if you need to vent, whatever. but if you talk to 50 diff people about your issues, whatever they may be...you'll get 50 differing replies to how to handle them. lol at some point. you have to do what you need to do to get to where you need to go. getting to the other side of our problems is never easy, but once you GET to the other side? life is better than ever. i also think it's in the pursuit of getting to the other side, when we learn and grow the most.

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree that it's fine to talk to people. I find that once I get the thoughts out of my head and vocalize them, I have a much easier time figuring out how to deal with them.

I go to a psychologist about once a month just for this. I have a lot of issues with my ex and my options to vent to are my parents (who tend to ratchet things up rather than help me calm the stress) or my husband (which, as you can imagine, causes trouble in this marriage - you can only talk about another man so much). I keep thinking I should stop seeing her as things are pretty smooth right now, but there really is something to be said for getting the crap out.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

my husband is coming home in a few weeks and will be home for a month..this tends to put my stress and anxiety thru the ceiling...I get upset, depressed..cant get motivated to do what I need to do each day. I am my own worst enemy at times..I know what the plan is. get the degree done, get out. but man, sometimes I would love to be able to run away from my own life. get so d*mn tired of always being the responsible one, the stable one, the secure one, the one that gets sh*t done around here.
    makes me wanna eat food that is bad for me, cry a lot and hide from my problems...oh ya that is what I used to do and how I got to be 285 lbs and on meds...
    so on occassion I yell at myself..get my butt in gear, to get with the program, to get on track

the diet, the workout, the school work...you wanna better life? you better work for it.

20 years been doing this now...since I was 23.
    my marriage is a continuous state of disappointment to me
    always has been
    at times, it has dismayed and bewildered me, at time it has cut and wounded me
    he is gone 6-8 months out of every year
    it has now gotten to the point that the kids and I like it better when he is gone
    our life is easier, less stressed

when he is home he drinks almost every night
    he is not physically violent...just a verbal assault expert
    I took my vows seriously I really did.
    for years and years now I lived with that little bit of false hope ..that if I just tried harder, did more for him
    that somehow we would once again become what we used to be...

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey girl..
    I feel for you..as i have told you before i know just how you feel. I was all that in my past relationship. It was hard leaving but it was something i knew i had to do. I made my plan in advance and acted on it. It takes time but it is so worth it. I didn't think i deserved to be this happy..now i wonder why i waited so long.
    Just know i am here thinking of you..if you need to talk just let me know
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

the longer I stay...the more I feel just numb. there is this part of me that thinks if i can just withstand this a couple more years I could probably last another ten or twenty...if I just let the rest of my soul die...but man its hard to let go of that little bit of you that is still in there somewhere..
    I am OK with the idea of it being just me and the kids...I want it to be this. then someday grandbabies coming to see me. I am used to this future plan but that is all...I want my health. I want a job. that is it.
    I am OK with this idea oh 90 percent of the time..but man that other 10 percent pops up and just about kills me sometimes...
    at 43, I am aware of my own limitations..I have no expectations I really dont. I am an amazon, the same size I have been since I was 12. I am gigantic, broad and muscular and temperamental..I know that. used to bother me in school
    small guys shorter then me would date small, petite girls...big guys taller then me would date small girls..
    it is the way it is and has not changed. fine.
    I will have a job in a classroom all day, come home take care of my kids. ..I should be ok with this...most of the time I am. I have learned how to do without just about everything you are supposed to have in a relationship.
    oh its just that 10 percent that reaches up and slaps me in the face sometimes

push day
    squats
    135x5
    145x3
    155x1
    165x1
    175x1
    180x1
    bench
    75lbs
    3x10
    tired legs but all is good
    what did I eat today? coffee, shake, egg, oatmeal, tuna, crackers, shake so far
    going to my see my brother today is his birthday. I baked him an apple pie cause that is his favorite!

I seem to be going thru conversation withdrawal symptoms today....
    birthday at my brother's went well. He is the big 44 and two years older then me til my birthday in a few months. did my homework like a good girl. did the workout...been pretty d*mn quite on these boards today...I dont like it and I am not happy

Well...here's something to make you happier...I hope. A ray of sunshine...........

Life's too short to be unhappy...a cliche, perhaps...but...it's true.

Thank you wegs I appreciate it but tonight I am just mad
    mad, mad, mad , mad , mad.................

me too...

no, not really. j/k

why are you so mad??

hey, when you are banned can you still read your profile comments?

Thank you wegs I appreciate it but tonight I am just mad
    mad, mad, mad , mad , mad.................
    What happened to make you so mad?
    Are you feeling better today...
    Daily Journal
    Food Journal
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

conversation interruptus....sent someone a message and waited and waited and checked back and waited all day yesterday...serves me right. this is what I get for actually liking something or thinking it was gonna continue for a little while longer. gotta laugh at my own stupidity sometimes. I got mad.

conversation interruptus....sent someone a message and waited and waited and checked back and waited all day yesterday...serves me right. this is what I get for actually liking something or thinking it was gonna continue for a little while longer. gotta laugh at my own stupidity sometimes. I got mad.
    see here is the stupidity of it...I knew what it was
    knew it was a convenient conversation with someone who had a desk job and access to a computer
    knew it was just someone that wanted a listening ear, some sympathy, free counseling or advice
    it was just conversation and the reason it continued was because I answered...
    I kept telling myself this over and over..that if it was not me having this conversation that went on an on
    it could just as easily have been someone else

this person is well-known on this site and has many friends to converse with
    that eventually the interest and momentum would wane...and this would just disappear
    that eventually this messaging back and forth would just end
    I would sent a message and just NOT hear back ever again
    I knew this going into it
    I am not dumb
    That this is not real life, it is only something to occupy someone else's time and get rid of the boredom
    well it ended abruptly yesterday
    he got banned because he created a mod call-out thread
    so I thought well I will quickly send him a profile comment cause maybe he can read those
    well maybe I will tell him I have an email listed on my profile page and he can get ahold of me that way
    well maybe he will use his other name he has and post under that and get me a message
    maybe he will do it right away because he knows I am left wondering what happened
    But you see the stupidity in this?
    This assumes or it presumes that I have merit and worth.
    That I have feelings that may have gotten hurt
    that someone else knows this
    and that it actually matters
    it does not
    this person has a very full life
    where one conversation ends, another begins
    without a second thought
    so I got MAD.....first at him for letting this happen
    then at me..for being this dumb and caring about it

Hey you…happy Friday! I posted a reply to you in my journal relating to this ^^. But, thought I’d say hello here, too. Life’s too short, lbmom. Truly. Don’t sweat stuff like this. Sometimes, people just get busy…I bet that’s all it is.

Do something to pamper yourself this weekend…relax. Enjoy every blessing you have, for life throws enough crap our way. Lol Take the good moments when they come by.
    Have a gr8 weekend.

Thank you..your so sweet...I will try. cleaned my house today. father in law is coming to see the boys tomorrow and I have some homework to catch up on sunday.

Here is me! The real one that isnt hiding behind the sunglasses.
    thought I'd put it up for a little while before I go into hiding mode.
    feeling alot better now. I have decided to stop accepting private messages from guys.
    I think that is the real issue. I need some more girl friends. I like them better anyhow.
    I think maybe its the company of women I have been missing for years now
    Men just tend to remind me how lonely I am, what I dont have...
    makes me feel sad so its girls for me from now on! as friends I mean..

pulls today
    deads
    135x5
    145x3
    155x1
    165x1
    back lats
    100 lbs
    3x8
    4 kinds
    half hour cardio this morning
    feeling tired today in the legs so took it easy on em

Nice work on the deadlifts lbmom!! You make me wanna do those today.
    Hope you are enjoying your Sunday. And I see you're keeping your avi up....I think that's a good choice.