optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Mediterranean Style Diet?

Does anyone here follow the mediterranean style of eating? Not necessarily for fat loss but being healthy?

I was wondering how healthy it actually is as there seems to be a lot of carbs...pasta/couscous, etc. Though there's portion control to think about...is it something to avoid or not? There seems to be a lot of vegetables, nuts and fruits included...I suppose it can't be all that bad.
    I "HAVE" to transform...this is disgusting!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is nothing magic about it. Unlike many diets it does have plenty of fruit and veg for micronutrients - and a lot of oily fish for omega 3s. You can supplement any diet with these things IMO.

I'm known by other names IamJonsCranium's Avatar
    IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I like it. It's healthy. Lots of fiber and protein, avoids the low-fat hype. Nothing wrong with carbs, but this diet gives a good balance. If you have trouble keeping your diet together, following something like this can have it's benefits.

Unless you don't like that style of food.
    IamJons Awesome workout log:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=659599573#post659599573

Author of "The Loser Mentality"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=699707851#postcount%20=21

"The Predators Are Feeding (And You're What They're Eating)"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=710146201&postcount=184

IamJon's Sermon at the Breakfast Table:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=713520011&postcount=12

♂ Eat Like a Man ♂

optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10) optimusprimeXD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IamJonsCranium View Post
    I like it. It's healthy. Lots of fiber and protein, avoids the low-fat hype. Nothing wrong with carbs, but this diet gives a good balance. If you have trouble keeping your diet together, following something like this can have it's benefits.

Unless you don't like that style of food.
    Yeah, i'll give it a try. I'm most interested in it to get in the habit of eating fresher foods, getting vitamins *most dishes seem to have every color available in them* I want to see if it changes the way my body feels, skin improvements, heart healthy, overall well being.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    There is nothing magic about it. Unlike many diets it does have plenty of fruit and veg for micronutrients - and a lot of oily fish for omega 3s. You can supplement any diet with these things IMO.
    Hmm, that's true.