Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Dango1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dango1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JayAye View Post
    Sorry I'm new to this forum, and don't really know what I'm doing. What are some good exercises I can do to work on shoulder and back?
    Back:
    -Deadlifts-> A must
    -Barbell Rows-> A must
    -Pull Up-> If you can DO IT
    These exercises cover the whole back. Focus on compound movements first to get the fundamentals down and give you a good strength base to start on.
    Shoulder:
    -Military Press-> A must
    -Push Press-> A must though it's more strength related
    -Dumbbell Press-> A must
    These exercises cover the anterior and middle deltoids, to even overall look to the shoulder do some posterior deltoids exercises eg. Bent over dumbbell fly's or the Reverse fly machine.
    Focus on form, remember, "You control the weight not the other way around".
    Last edited by Dango1; 09-02-2012 at 03:23 AM.

annejulahh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you so much for this! It's so helpful. I have worked out in the past but nothing like what I have planned for myself. I worked out for sports only but haven't done it in ages, but with this site and forum I hope to get healthy.

Also, any suggestions for those of us who don't want to be a body builder but want to have a slimmer torso?

Dudstep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is my first ever time on here (i just registered) but this thread is incredible. awesome stuff! you mentioned working out too much is a bad thing-does this include cardio? if ive been lifting and doing cardio all week and am currently sore, is it going to hurt my body to go on a nice jog today?

ShezaUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just read this thread and am hoping to stick to it as much as possible. Being a fussy eater and general lazy ass, I think nutrition (the most important factor, yay me) will be the hardest for me. I'm an Ectomorph and I would have probably keeled over and died of a sudden heart attack already if I didn't walk to school up a hill every morning. (I'm basically starting from rock bottom here) but I hope to build up......slowly... and these tips look REALLY helpful. So thanks!

GrantDaGenius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm new here and this is probably a stupid question but what body groups should I put together each day? As of right now I'm doing Chest/Triceps, Back/Biceps, Shoulders/Forearms, Legs, Rest day. And doing abs every other day. This sound good or should I switch some groups up?

crazyaschris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi im a young body building enthusiast that would like a large, muscular work out mate for serious training, and maybe some fun on the side. Located in the sheffield area, hit me up

romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50) romulopimentel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Definitely one of the most informational threads I've seen so far.

JohnnyRizten has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Record

Ok here's the deal. I'm 14. I weigh 120lbs, and I bench 160. I want to break the school bench press record for the 120 weight class (for people 120lbs and under). The record is currently 185. I need to be able to do 190. I'm positive that if I work hard I can achieve that. I just have no idea how I can get there without gaining any weight. Help please!

lemarlemagne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bicep monkeys

"-Don't only train your biceps, or your abs, or your chest. Work every muscle. Follow the workout routine provided above, and don't just blindly do curls and crunches all day long in the gym."

Made me LOL

Hahaha bicep monkeys FTL

Lenin18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question benchpress

Hi does anyone know if you count the bar in the weight you bench?

superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Probably the best thread on the entire TBB forum. If only every new member read this first.

ThePahmp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThePahmp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThePahmp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThePahmp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThePahmp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThePahmp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThePahmp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThePahmp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThePahmp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThePahmp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ThePahmp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If I have sex before I train, how will it affect my lifts?

Ryrso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    New to the forum, thanks for this helpful info

duder1312 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alright so i've been training for a little under a year now, i started at 122 lbs, now i'm 152, so in about 9 months i've put on about 30 lbs (still bulking) i'm gonna be bulking until around March and finally realized why i don't look broad enough. Everything on me grew like a weed, traps, chest, forearms, triceps, quads, calves etc. Everything BUT my side delts and my biceps. I've always had small biceps, they have no peak, the inner head has some mass but they have no outer head (peak) at all, as for my side delts, they're just small, they've definitely grown but they're lagging behind my chest and traps and it looks off. If anyone has effective side delt movements and bicep movements that have worked for you please share. For biceps i would usually do alternate dumbbell, preachers, barbell but i always switch it up and add other things in there. As for side delts i mainly do side raises (dumbell and cable) if anyone has any effect movements please dont hesitate to help, if anyone wants a picture to see exactly what i'm talking about i'll be glad to post one here just ask

DRjonne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DRjonne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DRjonne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

goooooooooooooood post

goooooooooooooood post

tvphatv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    here is my information:
    male - 22 years old
    H : 5'5
    W : 125lbs
    the size around stomach : 29.1 inches (71cm)
    hip size : 29.1 inches (74cm)
    the neck size : 13,2 inches (33.5cm)
    arm size : 11,8 inches (30 cm-right arm and just 28 cm-left arm)

I haven't played sport before.
    my belly has much fat (I can see it T_T) and I can not see any abs in there when I sit down.
    I want to change my body, but I don't know where to start and start with what first.
    I haven't had any experience about bodybuilding before.
    Please help me a good plan and diet to begin.

And I read some where is : don't do cardio when you want to gain muscle
    But I go to work by bicycle . It tooks me 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the afternoon, 5 days per week , does it be counted as cardio ? does it prevent me from gain muscle ?

p/s: sorry if my bad english . I'm not good in english.

chidgey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post m8! you managed to put everything that I try to tell my younger brother except in order! makin him read it now...repped
    This is my YOLO

KittyHi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Funny

iNoScopedRFK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iNoScopedRFK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iNoScopedRFK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iNoScopedRFK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iNoScopedRFK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iNoScopedRFK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iNoScopedRFK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iNoScopedRFK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iNoScopedRFK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iNoScopedRFK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iNoScopedRFK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks so much for this thread!

dekoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) dekoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) dekoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) dekoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) dekoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) dekoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) dekoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) dekoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) dekoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) dekoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10) dekoftw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very nice thread!

Khoadang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LiftRightMeow View Post
    I reworded it to say "Don't only train your biceps, or your abs, or your chest. Work every muscle. Follow the workout routine provided above, and don't just blindly do curls and crunches all day long in the gym."

Thanks
    I'm totally a newbie at lifting weights. Although I've been exposed to weight training 4 months ago (and got some of that "newbie gains" Yay ), Ive struggled to find a good program and stick with it.
    First would be my diet. In that first 4 months, I was doing a cut and ended up losing 40 pounds (I was overweight as a result of being a potato couch and a computer geek). I was eating around 1800 calories a day, now I have just bumped it up to 2500 kcal a day to gain some muscles. My diet consists of peanut butter, eggs, canned tuna, salmon, fresh fish, chicken breast, ground lean beef, salad, fruits, oats, whole grain bread, brown rice,...etc. I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner with 2 snacks in between, no supplements at all. My macro ratio is 55/25/20 as in carb/protein/fat. I always aim for at least 1g of protein a day or more. I track my calories carefully with myfitnesspal. I eat every 3 hours with carbs and protein and I hardly have a cheat meal.
    Secondable is my training, the part I struggle the most. I'm really consistent with my diet but the opposite to my training. A week ago I decided to do stronglifts 5x5 because of its reputation and benefits. The only problem was squatting 3 times a week was too much for my body. I couldnt recover fast enough. What do you guys think, should I continue come back to stronglifts 5x5 once I fully recover or should I do a different program? I can only go to the gym 3-4 times a week, each session 1hour max.
    Lastly is the mindset, as I said Im really determined about my goals (sometimes too picky) but I feel like Im ignorant about my training, should I do strength training or hypertrophy or combination of both. I'm utterly confused. Please help! Any answer will be appreciated
    Current info: Male almost 16 years old.
    Gym experience: 3 months, know the basic movements and lifts.
    Strength level: somewhere between below average to average
    Heights: 5'8ft or 1m73
    Weight: 138lbs or 62.5kg
    Bf %: around 14-15%

Avaliyev is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Losing body fat

Hi guys,
    I am 30 years old, 210 lbs, 6'1" tall.
    Currently I am on keto diet.
    I was wondering how I can lower my body fat and get 6pack abs without losing my muscle wieght and without using any steroids?