• Dos Santos - KO/TKO

83 38.25%
  • Dos Santos - SUB

2 0.92%
  • Dos Santos - DEC

13 5.99%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)

Question Dos Santos vs. Carwin: Who you Got?

Chances Carwin Wins: 50%
    Chances Dos Santos Wins: 50%
    Chances this will be an exciting fight: 100%

Who you got?
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

atrent is not very helpful. (-500) atrent is not very helpful. (-500) atrent is not very helpful. (-500) atrent is not very helpful. (-500) atrent is not very helpful. (-500) atrent is not very helpful. (-500) atrent is not very helpful. (-500) atrent is not very helpful. (-500) atrent is not very helpful. (-500) atrent is not very helpful. (-500) atrent is not very helpful. (-500)
    Carwin via (T)KO round 1.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by atrent View Post
    Carwin via (T)KO round 1.
    This seems likely to me.

sikly is on a distinguished road. (+10) sikly is on a distinguished road. (+10) sikly is on a distinguished road. (+10) sikly is on a distinguished road. (+10) sikly is on a distinguished road. (+10) sikly is on a distinguished road. (+10) sikly is on a distinguished road. (+10) sikly is on a distinguished road. (+10) sikly is on a distinguished road. (+10) sikly is on a distinguished road. (+10) sikly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a feeling JDS knocks Carwin out cold this fight, so im going with it. Don't really care who wins, either way will be a great fight!

brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dos Santos has never been knocked out in 18 kickboxing matches, or in 12 mma fights.

Both of them only have one loss and its by submission.

Never seen either one of them rocked.

Carwin has the power advantage slightly.

Dos Santos has the speed and technique advantage.

Who the hell knows.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brickbullhouse View Post
    Dos Santos has never been knocked out in 18 kickboxing matches, or in 12 mma fights.

Both of them only have one loss and its by submission.

Never seen either one of them rocked.

Carwin has the power advantage slightly.

Dos Santos has the speed and technique advantage.

Who the hell knows.
    Carwin was dropped by Gabriel Gonzaga.

brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickbullhouse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    Carwin was dropped by Gabriel Gonzaga.
    nvm just rewatched the fight,

if gonzaga can do this to carwin pre surgery, Dos Santos is going to break his jaw....

DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd say Carwin by crazy uppercut bombs against the cage like he did against Mir, I think the only way he catches Junior is if he bullies him. He's at a technical disadvantage. I gotta say this is one of the most exciting HW match ups i've ever seen, 2 massive KO artists that have hardly shown any weakness in the UFC (Save Carwin's loss to Lesnar).

Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'll always take a skilled and fast boxer over a slow slugger. I got JDS via picking Carwin apart with combos. Plus Carwin is coming off surgery? I'm favoring JDS here for sure.
    Access the gun's off the earth axis
    Axis of evil, the eagle will leave your hat split
    Ruck flow is like "**** you, Gawd"
    I don't wanna rhyme, I need a construction job

- Sean Price

Originally Posted by Mrs Grudge View Post
    I'll always take a skilled and fast boxer over a slow slugger. I got JDS via picking Carwin apart with combos.
    I'll ask the same question I asked when JDS was supposed to fight Brock.

What have you seen from JDS that makes you think JDS isn't going to spend the entire length of the fight on his back?

Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000)

What have you seen from JDS that makes you think JDS isn't going to spend the entire length of the fight on his back?
    Cool demeanor, superior footwork, general of the cage/ring, Carwin is a strike first type of wrestler, Carwin doesn't have a very historic top game.

- Sean Price

His takedown defense is pretty good, and even when guys get him down, he gets back up pretty quickly.

Cool demeanor, superior footwork, general of the cage/ring, Carwin is a strike first type of wrestler.
    The last part is the only part that is relevant.

But it doesn't apply to what I asked. If Carwin so chooses, I think he can jam JDS up against the cage or put him on his back and win however he wants.

JDS hasn't fought any good wrestlers, let alone a wrestler with 40 pounds in him.

But, we'll see. Maybe he has some great secret wrestling that we haven't seen yet.

The last part is the only part that is relevant.
    All of it is relevant.

But it doesn't apply to what I asked. If Carwin so chooses, I think he can jam JDS up against the cage or put him on his back and win however he wants.
    He could try, but he is up against an opponent who is much faster and can control spacing much better. I have no idea how that is not relevant, is it because it is a seemingly subtle detail? It is not easy to take someone down if they are cutting off your favored angles.

I haven't seen anything from Carwin to suggest he is a very good wrestler. Yeah, he has a background in it but I can name countless people who have backgrounds in wrestling who are not particular good at putting people down. As far as I'm concerned his ground game is just as a mystery as JDS'.

JDS hasn't fought any good wrestlers, let alone a wrestler with 40 pounds in him.
    Okay then, Carwin hasn't fought any good strikers. Carwin hasn't even proven himself to be a good wrestler.

- Sean Price

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Also I have to say I'm a bit surprised at folks calling Carwin's striking slow and sloppy.

He hits hard and he hits fast. He's very accurate too, he may not look like a "technical" boxer, but he has some serious hand speed that will surprise JDS.

But I also think he may just play the wrestler card and try to put his fist through the canvas using JDS's face for padding.

Okay then, Carwin hasn't fought any good strikers. Carwin hasn't even proven himself to be a good wrestler.
    *Not taking bait

We'll wait and see I guess. I just hope it's a good fight.

Porkchop74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porkchop74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porkchop74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porkchop74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porkchop74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porkchop74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porkchop74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porkchop74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porkchop74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porkchop74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porkchop74 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Carwin put Gage Gonzales to sleep and I feel he is a better all around fighter then JDS.
    Richard

2009 bb.com's Jiu Jitsu team

wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by brickbullhouse View Post
    His takedown defense is pretty good, and even when guys get him down, he gets back up pretty quickly.
    tough to say, as JDS has never been up against a strong wrestler. Gonzaga's wrestling and top control are horrible.

It'll be interesting to see how much Carwin will use his wrestling.
    War against epigenetics.

Originally Posted by Porkchop74 View Post
    Carwin put Gage Gonzales to sleep and I feel he is a better all around fighter then JDS.
    Lol @ this section lately...

I don't even.

DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hishiad View Post
    Also I have to say I'm a bit surprised at folks calling Carwin's striking slow and sloppy.

He hits hard and he hits fast. He's very accurate too, he may not look like a "technical" boxer, but he has some serious hand speed that will surprise JDS.

But I also think he may just play the wrestler card and try to put his fist through the canvas using JDS's face for padding.
    I'm definitely not calling Carwin slow, he hit Mir with like 10 shots in one second, he's every bit as explosive as JDS.

JDS TKO'd Gonzaga, and by the way Gonzaga nearly finished Carwin in that fight or had him in a lot of trouble.

Trolol

*Not taking bait

I have no idea why I'm fancying this rude post but,

The best striker Carwin ever fought was Frank Mir or Gonzaga. Safe to say, they are no where near JDS in striking. If you think they are, then I don't know what to say.

He hasn't beaten anyone in the UFC, at least no one I can remember by using his wrestling in a very offensive fashion. Instead of putting a really ignorant post as if Carwin is the GSP of his division, you could have instead actually listed a time when he used his wrestling in a fashion against someone of note. The closest thing I remember is when he bullied Frank Mir to the cage, and then uppercutted him.

I'm sure he out wrestled people in the indie circuit, but I don't see how those feats are relevant.

- Sean Price

Originally Posted by Porkchop74 View Post
    lold hard at gonzales

conisag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conisag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conisag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conisag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conisag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conisag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conisag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conisag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conisag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conisag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conisag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Normally i think i'd pick jds over him being more mobile on the feet and faster, but somethings bugging me saying carwin will take this handily.
    2006 OG

In on drep fade?

Lord of manor of wansley

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Both have fought some interesting opponents.

I rate Mir and Lesnar as the best of the guys that have faced either of them. Werdum had he not caught Fedor may not even be relevant now, so he's probably 3rd on the list of quality opponents.

With the way Carwin was able to stop Lesnar's wrestling and with the way he was able to control a "faster" Mir I give him the edge. But I like both guys and just hope it's an exciting fight with a clear winner.

railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dos Santos - KO/TKO

Carwin's stamina is also more questionable as well.

- Sean Price

Originally Posted by DFS200 View Post
    I'm definitely not calling Carwin slow, he hit Mir with like 10 shots in one second, he's every bit as explosive as JDS.
    Word, money Grudge is the one who coined "slow slugger" not you so no worries

JDS TKO'd Gonzaga, and by the way Gonzaga nearly finished Carwin in that fight or had him in a lot of trouble.

I have no idea why I'm fancying this rude post but,

The best striker Carwin ever fought was Frank Mir or Gonzaga. Safe to say, they are no where near JDS in striking. If you think they are, then I don't know what to say.

He hasn't beaten anyone in the UFC, at least no one I can remember by using his wrestling in a very offensive fashion. Instead of putting a really ignorant post as if Carwin is the GSP of his division, you could have instead actually listed a time when he used his wrestling in a fashion against someone of note. The closest thing I remember is when he bullied Frank Mir to the cage, and then uppercutted him.

I'm sure he out wrestled people in the indie circuit, but I don't see how those feats are relevant.
    How about using his wrestling to keep the fight standing with Brock? I think the point you're missing is that Carwin has a well defined history of being a great wrestler, he hasn't used it in MMA, but you can't assume anything from that. JDS has not faced a good wrestler, so why wouldn't a college champion with a clear strength and size advantage use a potential glaring weakness vs an opponent who may be better on the feet?

It's like you don't think of game planning or something...I mean before the Kos fight a lot of people though GSP didn't have any boxing...well he put on a clinic on how to throw a jab and avoid punches.

And please let's not mention the Gonzaga fights Carwin took him out in a little over a minute and he got rocked, but it was a sloppy takedown that put him on the ground not a punch. He then proceeded to one shot Gonzaga with a straight right...not to mention he won a fight via takedown, mount and GnP just look up his fight with Neil Wain

Originally Posted by Mrs Grudge
    rude post
    I wasn't trying to be rude. Just messing around. (srs)

Personally I just hope it's a good fight. I've grown to like JDS through TUF (yes TUF n00b), so I like both.

I wasn't trying to be rude. Just messing around. (srs)

Personally I just hope it's a good fight. I've grown to like JDS through TUF (yes TUF n00b), so I like both.
    This TUF has been one big PR opportunity for JDS and it's working perfectly. Anybody get the feeling that he treats the WW's like they are his small children? He's certainly going to win some new fans, seems like a "stand-up guy".

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How long has Carwin trained post-surgery? Has he gained back most of the weight he lost?