Dawg9409 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Layer of fat over abs

So, just to start yea, I'm new to the forum. Been working out for about two months now, off and on the last month because of a move. No matter how much endurance running, and ab workouts I do, I have this, about half inch, maybe less, layer of fat over my lower abs. It seems there is nothing I can do to get rid of it. I don't eat fast food, drink soda. All I drink is water, and sweet tea. I have a high protein diet, and always do heavy carb/protein intake before workout, and protein shake after workout. I run, bike, hike, kayak, climb, and dance, so I am pretty much always active. I haven't found a way to get rid of it though. Any suggestions?

Registered User outtherebrother's Avatar
    outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000) outtherebrother is just really nice. (+1000)
    You either gain muscle or lose fat. To gain muscle you need a calorie surplus. To lose fat you eat on a calorie deficit and do cardio. You can't can muscle and lose fat but looking at your avi I suggest you bulk then cut and you will be muscular and have a six pack.

w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000) w00dhands is just really nice. (+1000)
    What is your caloric intake like? If your body is in deficit (around 500 under maintenance is recommended. below this and youll lose muscle mass) you will lose fat.
    Powerlifting. Bodybuilding. Cooking. Gaming. Tech.

*PC MASTER RACE CREW*
    www.youtube.com/channel/UCUAr5-cJuwlZV-JzTRa9cfA
    www.twitch.tv.woodhands
    www.twitter.com/woodhandshs

Originally Posted by outtherebrother View Post
    You either gain muscle or lose fat. To gain muscle you need a calorie surplus. To lose fat you eat on a calorie deficit and do cardio. You can't can muscle and lose fat but looking at your avi I suggest you bulk then cut and you will be muscular and have a six pack.
    Ignore the avi, and progress picture really, both suck. I've worked on bulking, and done pretty well, however I have about two months to cut abs and chest.

Originally Posted by w00dhands View Post
    What is your caloric intake like? If your body is in deficit (around 500 under maintenance is recommended. below this and youll lose muscle mass) you will lose fat.
    Haven't really been able to measure calorie intake, I just monitor what I eat, and carbs and protein. I am way to busy between work and everything to list out calories.

khristian37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hmmm, you can probably work out other muscles I guess, since that burns fat. But all I can say is keep going! "And so the wise man said, "The greater the difficulty, the greater the glory"

Also. Just checked and my bodyfat % is only 9.06. So its not like i have much to lose.

ravioli96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ravioli96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ravioli96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ravioli96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ravioli96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ravioli96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ravioli96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ravioli96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ravioli96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would highly reccomend carb cycling to get rid of that last bit of fat

BigVanilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigVanilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigVanilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigVanilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigVanilla has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If your BF was 9% you'd have abs. But you need to bulk up, then cut down by maintaining a caloric deficit, then your abs will shine through.

Originally Posted by BigVanilla View Post
    If your BF was 9% you'd have abs. But you need to bulk up, then cut down by maintaining a caloric deficit, then your abs will shine through.
    Ran my bf on the bmi website with all my measurements. It came out 9.06%. You can double check me. Only measurement you can't see on here is wrist which is 7"