Closed Thread
    ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ajymerced has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Lower back sore after deadlifts?

Is it normal for your lower back to be sore after lifting hard on deadlifts? I know deadlifts also work out your lower back, so is it normal if it is sore the next day?

Bonzol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ajymerced View Post
    Is it normal for your lower back to be sore after lifting hard on deadlifts? I know deadlifts also work out your lower back, so is it normal if it is sore the next day?
    Yes very normal, I'm somtimes sore for 2 days after I do deadlifts. I often work every muscle group so they are sore the next day, that way you know you are definatly improving. Unless you are getting a non muscular sore, more like a twinge? That means you are doing it wrong.

Registered User adam_williams_1's Avatar
    adam_williams_1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adam_williams_1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adam_williams_1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adam_williams_1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adam_williams_1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adam_williams_1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adam_williams_1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adam_williams_1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adam_williams_1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adam_williams_1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adam_williams_1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Very normal.

To make sure your deadlifting correctly, check out some of Mark Rippetoe's videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/timdonahey - this youtube profile has some good introductions of them.

spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10) spiirit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Deadlift Form

----------------------------------------------------
    The idea is to straighten your back and lock it... bend down and take the weight only with a flat back... to do otherwise is to move the force of the lift-up the back and away from the hips where it should be kept as much as possible. If you can't take the weight decently, then it is simply too heavy to work with (assuming reps). If you want to hurt yourself just do otherwise. The head is always up, to encourage the flat back posture.

If you graduate the weight increase properly from the beginning, a stiffness will be noticed but... a soreness?... a sore back?... I don't think so! I don't think anyone would want to be responsible for your ignoring the warning of a sore back (assuming heavy lifts). But then, that's just my opinion.
    Tom W.

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)
    is this seriously a question..?

Herpa derp i worked my biceps, are my biceps suppose to be sore? herpa derp

SSK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SSK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SSK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SSK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SSK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SSK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SSK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SSK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SSK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SSK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SSK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im kinda sore immediatly after dling, but never afterwards, it goes away, dont think ive ever had dl doms before.

As long its not pain and just soreness i guess its ok...

Try using legs more dling and keep back straight.

www.ABFitnessTrainer.com italianplaya30's Avatar
    italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Very normal!
    AB Fitness Center
    (The Best Personal Training Gym to Work for in NY)
    Apply Below
    www.ABFitnessCenter.com/career
    Instagram: @abfitness
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by joebrosef View Post

lol, this^

OP, what did you expect to be sore after deadlifting???
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

NaturallyGreat is not very well liked. (-100) NaturallyGreat is not very well liked. (-100) NaturallyGreat is not very well liked. (-100) NaturallyGreat is not very well liked. (-100) NaturallyGreat is not very well liked. (-100) NaturallyGreat is not very well liked. (-100) NaturallyGreat is not very well liked. (-100) NaturallyGreat is not very well liked. (-100) NaturallyGreat is not very well liked. (-100) NaturallyGreat is not very well liked. (-100) NaturallyGreat is not very well liked. (-100)
    yup man I"m always sore after deads!

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    my balls get sore after deadlifting.

probably because of the massive test release.
    Who was this love of yours?

pev91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pev91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pev91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pev91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pev91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pev91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pev91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pev91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pev91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pev91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pev91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    my balls get sore after deadlifting.

probably because of the massive test release.
    You should feel my pituitary the day after squats or deadlifts, it always gets massive DOMS from all the GH released

GinoD94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GinoD94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GinoD94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GinoD94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GinoD94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GinoD94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GinoD94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GinoD94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GinoD94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GinoD94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GinoD94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My back is also sore been like that for 1 full day did around 120kg deadlift like 3 sets of 8 o.o love deadlifting though

prbell824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prbell824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prbell824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prbell824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prbell824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prbell824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prbell824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prbell824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prbell824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prbell824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) prbell824 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    New to the weightlifting scene and deadlifts have easily become my favorite workout. Always sore after doing them. Can't wait for my numbers to shoot up like some of the signatures I see in here.
    TruNutrition Sciences Trutein - Choco. PB Cup
    My review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142762291

CL White Flood - Fruit Punch
    My review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142762471

CL Orange Triad
    -No Review Yet-

ON Micronized Creatine
    My review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142762721

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142765101

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's a core thing. Your hamstrings are pulling your hip down, while your upper back is stabilizing weight with help from the lower-back. Find the leverage that works for you best if you haven't already. The correct form should come natural once you stabilize everything right.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

jkkleo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    could be muscular or bone pain, if it doesn't go away even after 3-4 days its definitely bone!! its better to stop lifting for a while at least the dead lifts and squats!!even the hyper-extensions, you can do leg-presses but in a safe form, not too deep that is!! meanwhile checkout a chiropractor or a osteo doc get some anti-inflammatory and pain meds, eat proper protein food and sleep for 7-8 hours a day, buy a lumbar support, and sleep on your back!! the doc will ask for a MRI scan, if that's messed up it could be a bigger problem!! best thing is to start with proper form and with less weight, then progress as you go along. why did i give so many suggestions?!! because the back is a sensitive area, if there's a disc tear or a bulge, it could lead to surgery!! that's why!

JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JmanTheJuiceman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    Im kinda sore immediatly after dling, but never afterwards, it goes away, dont think ive ever had dl doms before.

As long its not pain and just soreness i guess its ok...

Try using legs more dling and keep back straight.
    Agreed, I see some cringe-worthy DL form from some of the good Ol' boys in the gym, and I can't help but wonder...

"How is he NOT sore after doing that? .. "

Gmoty56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gmoty56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Seriously?

Yes, dude, the guy is asking a serious question. You're like that little prick in the gym who's found some success, but nowhere near what a real lifter has. You feel you have to put others down to build yourself up. All you're doing though is showing what a little man you are.

xTopesx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xTopesx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You answered your own question when you said "I know deadlift works back". Theres no such thing as a stupid question though, just ignore people that are being douchebags about it

TheOrb87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOrb87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOrb87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOrb87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOrb87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOrb87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOrb87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOrb87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOrb87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOrb87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheOrb87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just throw in some more lower back work and build up a stronger base.
    Deadliftin Crew
    ********: http://www.********.com/deadlift.workouts
    www.deadliftworkouts.com

"Synthol man...do you even lift bro? No wonder gas is so expensive the guy has injected half the oil reserves into his arms. I do not salute you."

-Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000) -Al- is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah it's normal. When it's an injury or something bad you'll more than likely know you snapped something up.
    ^^^()()GERMANIC CREW()()^^^

WE'RE ALL GOING TO MAKE IT BROS
    WE ALLS GUN TO MAKE IT

Positive Crew 2.0
    #Mcfreako inspired

ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100)

Yes, it is. No one likes an a**hole. Your biceps can hurt because you strained them or pulled a tendon and NOT because you worked them. Same with deadlift, soreness in the muscle is good pain in the lumbar ISN'T. I don't expect someone as unintelligent in lifting as you to understand that though. Herpa derpa derp.

ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100) ScorpioAthlete is not very well liked. (-100)
    Couldn't agree more, I JUST got done making an account JUST so I can tell him what I thought because what he said annoyed me lol

epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Edit:

Just read dates after realizing 5 star soreness thread.

OP probably sorted it out.

Someone should lock this
    Last edited by epfuhl; 05-27-2016 at 05:42 AM.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ScorpioAthlete View Post
    Couldn't agree more, I JUST got done making an account JUST so I can tell him what I thought because what he said annoyed me lol
    Great job. You sure showed that guy 5 years ago! I'm sure he'll think twice before posting like that again.

Idiot.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

mipnt23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lower back

I did dead lifts on Monday I have been doing them for months. It is now Wednesday I have pain in lower back on right side and feels like it's on fire. Moved to a new bar on Monday a heavier one. I am supposed to go to gym today. We are supposed to do deadlifts.

l337g0g0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l337g0g0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l337g0g0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l337g0g0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l337g0g0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l337g0g0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l337g0g0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l337g0g0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l337g0g0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l337g0g0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l337g0g0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mipnt23 View Post
    I did dead lifts on Monday I have been doing them for months. It is now Wednesday I have pain in lower back on right side and feels like it's on fire. Moved to a new bar on Monday a heavier one. I am supposed to go to gym today. We are supposed to do deadlifts.
    DO NOT DO DEADS when your back is sore, wait it out till it heals.
    Do not rush, take your time...

Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reznovan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For some reason, the day after deadlifts, my back only feels dull pain when pushing my hips forward.

Lambertmoya is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Only lower back sore

I never do deadlifts, but when I do only my lower back is sore. Just that bit. Not my legs, forearms or anything! Any idea on why?

fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Lambertmoya View Post
    I never do deadlifts, but when I do only my lower back is sore. Just that bit. Not my legs, forearms or anything! Any idea on why?
    Form, too much weight, etc. BTW this is a very old thread.
    Crossfit = A LOT of doctor visits.