zmich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

underhand shot toss

I will be tested on my underhand shot toss with a 16lb shot put. I have been training with a medicine ball but it feels completely different than throwing the shot. I am going to invest in a shot put and was wondering if it would be more beneficial to train with an 18 or 20 lb shot? Or should i stick with the 16 that i will be tested with? Thank you.

Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by zmich View Post
    I will be tested on my underhand shot toss with a 16lb shot put. I have been training with a medicine ball but it feels completely different than throwing the shot. I am going to invest in a shot put and was wondering if it would be more beneficial to train with an 18 or 20 lb shot? Or should i stick with the 16 that i will be tested with? Thank you.
    Makes sense to me to get a 20lb shot and train with that. That way the 16 will feel light. When I was training for benching 185lbs at high school football combines I would always use 195lbs during lifting.

Rugger w/ a throwing prob xxtwistedxx's Avatar
    xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by zmich View Post
    would go with an 17 or 18lb. 20 is a big difference between that and the 16. can screw with your mechanics.

curious- what are you getting tested for underhand shot for?
    ACE-PT, NSCA, USATF-1
    danprater.blogspot.com - blog for everything related to throws, rugby, training, etc. and stuff that isnt.

Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ubertoss2000

Throwers
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122693921