shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Long and relatively "light" sets for side delts ?

Hi,

Do you think long sets (15-30 reps) of relatively light weights are better for developing the side delt than shorter sets (6-12 reps) with heavier weights ?

P.S : I'm asking this question for lateral raises

Thanks for your brilliant thoughts

OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shou View Post
    Hi,

Do you think long sets (15-30 reps) of relatively light weights are better for developing the side delt than shorter sets (6-12 reps) with heavier weights ?

P.S : I'm asking this question for lateral raises

Thanks for your brilliant thoughts
    I'd say change it up and see what works best for you.

When i used to train, i used to get much better development from drop sets or consecutive sets increasing the weight and decreasing reps.

For example, you can start with a lighter weight for 25 reps, go heavier for 20, for 15 and so on.
    Or start heavier and keep on dropping the weight while increasing reps.

The most important will be for you to really squeeze and focus on contracting your side delts, really isolating them. The rest is a matter of to what you respond better.
    John "The pro architect" Hollywood

http://teamhollywoodmilitia.com/
    http://www.johnotishollywood.com/#

*Diet & training nutritionist, coach & Contest prep. coach* Private Message me for rates

vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm an 8-12 guy, but it doesn't hurt to switch things up. Make sure that your form isn't an issue, and try a few different things to decide for yourself.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I prefer higher repetitions with deltoid isolation-style movements. 15-20 range usually.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    I like higher reps because early on you have to use lighter weights anyway (unless you're doing those bent-elbow variations) so the jumps are big (a lot of us lack 12.5s so jumping 10 to 15 in laterals is a huge relative increase) so getting the reps high up there allows you decent reps when you move up a class. It would suck to move up 1 and only get <5 reps in a lateral.