tclement has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

leg exensions hurting my quads

Hey, I'm relatively new to actually lifting routinely, although I've done it for years through sports, and personal interest, and today was leg day, everything was fine until I tried leg extensions, It really hurt my quads, like actual pain, not a "pump" or anything. I was using a really light weight too since it kind of forced me to without hurting myself. Should I take a break? or is it that my quads are weak? Thanks in advance.

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not a huge fan of leg extensions due to strain on the knees. Look into doing lunges or something instead

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Depends......is the pain at the quad tendon (top of knee when quads start)? Or just the muscles themselves?

I like leg extensions for warming up and ending my leg workouts.

I keep them very light weight though (i'm talking 20-30lbs) and rep them out anywhere from 10-50 reps depending on how I feel.

The key for me to keep any type of weird pains away is putting the shin pad back to the highest setting. It's basically towards the middle of my shins. When I contract, it's easier to just squeeze the muscles to bring the weight up than pull up using the knees which will mess with your quad tendons if you already have an issue developing.
    If you let it sit in that curve between the top of your foot and the bottom of your shin (where you can flex your foot up and down), you'll just f*** yourself over time. I've done that too.

Frqnny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frqnny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frqnny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frqnny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frqnny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frqnny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frqnny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frqnny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frqnny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frqnny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frqnny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tclement View Post
    Hey, I'm relatively new to actually lifting routinely, although I've done it for years through sports, and personal interest, and today was leg day, everything was fine until I tried leg extensions, It really hurt my quads, like actual pain, not a "pump" or anything. I was using a really light weight too since it kind of forced me to without hurting myself. Should I take a break? or is it that my quads are weak? Thanks in advance.
    I'd say make sure you've got the right angle on that, I usually place the pad at my ankle level. If I place it any higher contractions are too short and it just doesn't feel right. Maybe ask someone to help you out? Or search the BB video database, maybe you are doing something wrong?
    Hope this helps.
    There's nothing you CAN'T do if you want it ENOUGH.

olypowerful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olypowerful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olypowerful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olypowerful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olypowerful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olypowerful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olypowerful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olypowerful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olypowerful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olypowerful has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olypowerful has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tclement View Post
    Brace yourselves, DOMS is approaching.
    Stats

5'11
    200 lbs

Back Squat: 445#
    Front Squat: 405#
    Deadlift: 550#

Snatch: 305#
    Clean: 385#

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    If it hurts don't do it....
    Experience, not just theory

tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tmd17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's nothing wrong with leg extensions. They're not the cause of knee problems, moving the weight violently with poor control is. Move the weight slowly to minimize momentum and to keep the tension on the muscle and away from joints and tendons.
    VELOCITY NUTRITION

Gym Rock Music - Spotify Playlist
    27k followers, 300+ songs