Closed Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Convict conditioning

It's true old skool is next level strength I do old skool check out my progress instagam @camdentower

theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theNorthPole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by GodlyBuddha View Post
    Not saying I'm swole brah, just saying I got good progress with calisthenics compared to my sickly 120-130 pound self. Besides I've only been working out for about a year but I gained a lot of knowledge reading books (Convict Conditioning, Power to the People by Pavel Tsatsouline, Beyond Bodybuilding by Pavel, Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, etc)

I tried lifting weights before, I know proper form and such and it's kind of fun, but I'm a devoted to calisthenics and believe in training wherever you are, whenever you want (I live in a place with no gyms)
    It depends what you're after. Most of the folks here wish an improved physique, and increased strength.
    A long time ago, when I was training in marital arts, I became much more powerful than I was prior. All from bodyweight exercises and stretching. BUT I did not see any gains in the appearance of my physique.
    A few months ago, there was a Chinese fellow who gave a Kung Fu performance(on the tube). His routine was quite astounding. He didn't wear a shirt, and he sure as hell didn't look great.
    My goal is to increase strength with a small increase in mass and some hardness.

Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by skillbuild View Post
    It's true old skool is next level strength I do old skool check out my progress instagam @camdentower
    thx 4 bumping mightwant2 brush up on grammar and spelling strong 1st post no one cares about your "instagam"

skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skillbuild has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I ain't here to h8 ..why always worry about spelling ..ain't nobody got time for that..you understood it ..enough..
    As for Your ripped pics ..none ..bodybuilding is for people who want that cosmetic look fair enough.callisthenics is what bodybuilders secretly wish they could do ....from the nervous system to pound for pound strength ..balance ,co-ordination, grip ,explosive power it cant compete. Each to theyre own and that but dont be in denile.You don't get injurys using calisthenics and get strength and flexibility beyond your expectations.I wonder what training methods ancient warriors used in the past times before these so called dumbells ...imagine jay cutler doing a pistol squat then going into a full bridge from standing then into handstand then performing a handstand press up...bmi wouldnt let it happen...but then a look at an ant. .....please do whats best for you and this is best for me....thank you very nice ... Instagram is @Camdentowner if you wanna stop by and hate sometime...

fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not interested in arguing, but I can see how one can be strong and in great shape by doing calisthenics/body weight exercises only. I have seen some people who were straight body weight only in much better shape than the meat heads at my gym. Some are just as strong as well. I think a healthy combo of both is the way to go.
    Wise is the bird of prey which does not show its talons.

ger712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ger712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ger712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ger712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ger712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ger712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ger712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ger712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ger712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ger712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ger712 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

calithenics!

Originally Posted by GodlyBuddha View Post
    Not photoshop, the image was taken sideways and the whole pic was sideways. Rotated it in photosmart or some shit (stupid program on my computer). Fked with the proportions and the picture quality (lighting was terrible too).
    good ****! people don't understand what progressive calisthenics really means? youll be stronger and have better quality of muscle doing bodyweight exercises and im not just talking about pushups and pullups only. Id like to see any "tough guy" or body builder do a one handed pull-up or a PERFECT regulation one handed pushup...and if they can do both then try a one handed hand stand pushup...yea not gonna happen. you can make calisthenics impossibly hard, so for the people who don't know much about it and think weights is better give one of those a try and don't talk ****. seeing a guy do planche pushup is more impressive than seeing a guy bench 400lbs. deads and squats are the only thing missing from calisthenics but even at that theres bridges, havent heard of anyone doing 5 full bridge reps.

TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheeFate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So many people saying a certain way of training is the best, it is much greater because my bro science says so.

Can we not all say that we "like" it and here are the reasons.

Would be much more peaceful.

hellbilly1912 is a name known to all. (+5000) hellbilly1912 is a name known to all. (+5000) hellbilly1912 is a name known to all. (+5000) hellbilly1912 is a name known to all. (+5000) hellbilly1912 is a name known to all. (+5000) hellbilly1912 is a name known to all. (+5000) hellbilly1912 is a name known to all. (+5000) hellbilly1912 is a name known to all. (+5000) hellbilly1912 is a name known to all. (+5000) hellbilly1912 is a name known to all. (+5000) hellbilly1912 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1 word, op

hypertrophy

edit: just realized this thread is from like 1994

out.

Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hellbilly1912 View Post
    1 word, op

hypertrophy

edit: just realized this thread is from like 1994

out.
    You just went full *******

DickNSurtzhraw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Important, but if you want to be a COMPLETE athlete, you can't just rely on one way of training. Bodyweight training is efficient, but if you ask anyone that has been using calisthenics for awhile, they almost always have to eventually add weights. Whether weighted pullups, pushups, pistols...it doesn't matter. You get stronger by either adding resistance or increasing difficulty. It's just a different approach to a similar goal.
    dickhealth.blogspot.com

TheoneC2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Come at me...

Just coming at you bro.

So I really just had to address this as a person who has been lifting the heaviest I can every set to failure.

I've been training for coming 15 months now and seen some mad gains coupled with a great diet and some raw determination. I haven't even started training abs. Well isolation ab exercises anyhow.

I'm far from my goal but i'm doing just fine. Now, my current stats are as follows
    - Weight is currently fluctuating between 85-90kg,
    - Bench 1rep max 150kg
    - Squat 1 rep max 220kg
    - Deadlift 1rep max 200kg
    - Pull up 1rep max 60kg attached to weight belt

I have recently started gymnastics in the effort to work on my core strength in an environment where I can have a laugh with it, with friends and people that push me to do more.

I cannot currently do a strict form muscle up but I'm really close. And thats good for my weight i think.

I have proved that I am currently training very hard to progress. This original poster could have had a great post but instead got all PRO FRANK MEDRANOs BALLS IN MY MOUTH douchebag.

Saying bodybuilding is "GAY S**T" makes you look like a total fool. As going to the gym everyday and giving it your very best EVERYTIME takes something more than most people can contemplate. This is why I know that you are a silly little boy speaking about success you have not yet attained; as any 'REAL' successful individual will understand the HARD WORK it takes to do what we do. 10,000 hours is 10,000 hours bro, humbleness is a part of this game! The little peacocks will do their thing. You are one of those peacocks. Scrap that, your just a cock. No amount of muscle you can gain will make you a better person, I hope you're aware of that.

So, I have "COME AT YOU" showing you my progressions personally and saying both have their pros and cons, neither one is better. As with everything a balance of both will bring out of this world results. A heavier dude like me obviously has more to push. This drastically differs my plan to others. And for 50kg charlie, weights are going to help him to the next level.

In conclusion, please don't let this get away from the point that you actually are a douche. If I were you, I work be working on that bro.

With your bodyweight of weights lol. It's totally up to you.
    Attached Images
    If you have and tips to help please share.

callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    1. Yes, I sometimes use a piece of furniture as elevation when doing pushups, for resistance. The ability to workout anywhere has it's advantages as well, such as at a hotel while traveling, as you said.

2. Somewhat true, but not everyone who uses weight looks like the guy whose shoulders are so wide that he can't touch his stomach or has to get a custom car due to his size.

3. In a way, yes, a machine wouldn't always be the best exercise and some bodyweight exercises certainly work many different muscles at once. Some people wish to isolate it to one single or very few muscles though.

4. Yeah, a person working with bodyweight wouldn't have to worry about belts and straps to protect certain areas. And you're right that lifting 400 lbs or simply a large amount isn't exactly a natural, normal thing to do, but it's what some people do to get bigger. Both bodyweight and weight people have to be careful no matter what, but I'll say weightlifting is more dangerous and they probably already realize that.

5. Yes, true, but so can weightlifters.

6. Well, I wouldn't be able to do many pull-ups if I was overeating. haha

I don't care to pick a side of which is "better". Both have their ups and downs.
    I'm trying the "Calisthenics movement" and am doing all bodyweight exercises, except for shoulders and legs. I don't plan on getting super huge since that isn't my goal, yet I want to get fairly cut and at a weight around 150-180. It will take some time.

P.S. Why was prison mentioned so much? lol
    And did you copy and paste all that?

Edit: Oh, wow, I just realized the OP hasn't posted in this thread since 2011.
    Last edited by callit; 07-15-2014 at 07:52 PM.