WhoButMe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhoButMe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhoButMe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhoButMe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Optimum Gold Standard 100% Whey - Vanilla Ice Cream review

Let me cut to the chase: this protein's taste is terrible. Flat out. Even with skim milk and natural PB on days when I increase my fats its still terrible.

I am coming off from using Gaspari's Myofusion and this protein (from Optimum) is still a disappointment. I say still because Optimum was the first powder I ever took and figured it was pretty good until I bought a tub of Gaspari's and never looked back. Recently, just to try something different, I decided to give another protein a try and now I wish I hadn't. Don't get me wrong Optimum's profile is a good as at it gets but Myofusion, if it trails behind, is not by much.

Now I am stuck with two (I had also ordered the extreme milk chocolate flavor which is more tolerable but still has a strange aftertaste) 5lb tubs. Lucky me....
    Be grateful, stay humble but most certainly ALWAYS lift hard!

In competition with myself and thus far I'm winning.....

dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by WhoButMe View Post
    Let me cut to the chase: this protein's taste is terrible. Flat out. Even with skim milk and natural PB on days when I increase my fats its still terrible.

I am coming off from using Gaspari's Myofusion and this protein (from Optimum) is still a disappointment. I say still because Optimum was the first powder I ever took and figured it was pretty good until I bought a tub of Gaspari's and never looked back. Recently, just to try something different, I decided to give another protein a try and now I wish I hadn't. Don't get me wrong Optimum's profile is a good as at it gets but Myofusion, if it trails behind, is not by much.

Now I am stuck with two (I had also ordered the extreme milk chocolate flavor which is more tolerable but still has a strange aftertaste) 5lb tubs. Lucky me....
    I have the Double Rich Chocolate 5lb tub of ON gold standard, and I love it!
    But I've never tried vanilla ice cream protein.
    To each their own
    Thanks for posting your thoughts on the product bud!
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    (Former)Keto Crew - 21lbs down in 57days.
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

XERXES YGGDRASIL InclineDBPresss's Avatar
    InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000)
    yea bro ON vanilla sucks

BUT cake batter and some others is good

EDIT buy 8oz cocoa powder and mix
    Last edited by InclineDBPresss; 06-17-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    My training log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143412923

G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cookies and creme is the only flavor I've really enjoyed. I've had that, vanilla ice cream, and strawberry. The strawberry taste like slim fast or something...not a huge fan, but better then vanilla. Gonna switch to xf next and see what the hype is about.

WhoButMe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhoButMe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhoButMe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WhoButMe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for the responses; I see I'm not alone.
    Be grateful, stay humble but most certainly ALWAYS lift hard!

In competition with myself and thus far I'm winning.....

Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Agreed, Vanilla was the WORST. but it's still one of the best proteins regardless of flavor,,

siriantrevor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dalkon View Post
    I have the Double Rich Chocolate 5lb tub of ON gold standard, and I love it!
    But I've never tried vanilla ice cream protein.
    To each their own
    Thanks for posting your thoughts on the product bud!
    I also have the double rich chocolate, best taste out of all of them in my opinion!

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think all ONs flavors suck.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

IntensityBuildsImmensity demolished851's Avatar
    demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demolished851 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im not a fan of the ON wheys either. I stick to Myo, XF, or combat powder.

bobsamby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobsamby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobsamby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobsamby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobsamby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobsamby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobsamby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobsamby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobsamby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobsamby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bobsamby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LMAO I went to GNC when I had no experience with buying supplements, and got a 10 lb bag of this for 130 dollars or something like that. Taste is absolutely wretched and even a banana and chocolate syrup didn't help much.

Archangelclk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ill never try vanilla, its one of those flavors that can make u barf, i always stick with chocoloate of something fruit punch with preworkouts. Ive just ordered Choc Mint, ive heard good things on it.

uzairchamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uzairchamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uzairchamp has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey! I am an amateur body builder and would love to gain muscle. I'm really interested in Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard and find it much better than Nitro Tech Hardcore after going through a bunch of reviews online. Can someone please tell me the best way to have this protein? As in after breakfast, before, or after workout and how many scoops? Thank you!

jonhli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Please im just a begginer unfortunately i brougth this flavor and it's terrible i hate it, MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I RECOGNIZE IF THIS WHEY GOLD STANDARD IS NOT A FAKE, HOW THE REAL PROTEIN LOOKS LIKE, IT SUPPOSES THAT SHOULD BE FORMED lumps, HOWEVER I SEE LIKE SMALL FUZZ OR HAIR, IT'S THAT RIGHT?? PLEASE SOME HELP I need to know

Registered User AliSalmanRajput's Avatar
    AliSalmanRajput has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    after reading your reviews, i was horrified to ever test this flavor. Then my supplemenet supplies one week back told me that my shipment has been lost and he will refund me the wheys from his own pocket but he can only give me vanilla icecream flavor. The dude talked really nicely so i thought not give him a hard time but i dreaded the flavor.
    So today i manned up to taste it and you guys were literally being little girls about it. i mean its not cookie dough or peanut butter ice cream shake but it aint that bad. Not far from the double rich chocolate. Its bearable, infact it might grow on me.
    Never Give Up

schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    only ON flavors that I like are french vanilla creme (not ice cream) and caramel toffee fudge.