Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000)
    only in america

oppressed we are

Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by burnedfish View Post
    sounds like you feel really oppressed by the Christians.
    lol I suppose I should have added a (no homo) tag on one of those...I was speaking in general terms.

Im atheist, so I do feel that christians, or really any organized religious institution, like to subject everyone else to their morality...while simultaneously persecuting those who do not fall in line.

Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000) Scoundrel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rockchalk0420 View Post
    lol I suppose I should have added a (no homo) tag on one of those...I was speaking in general terms.

Im atheist, so I do feel that christians, or really any organized religious institution, like to subject everyone else to their morality...while simultaneously persecuting those who do not fall in line.
    This pertains to everybody tho(in most cases). Brb, making me pay more taxes so the lazy guy can sit on his butt.

burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rockchalk0420 View Post

I just haven't experienced any of this, which is why I made this thread.

If the Christians are pushing their morality, what about it don't you like/agree with? I find most of the Christian values to be excellent myself.
    [Official] San Diego Brah

Ducks eat for free at Subway

Mod Hated My Prev Title b.spencer's Avatar
    b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000)

If the Christians are pushing their morality, what about it don't you like/agree with? I find most of the Christian values to be excellent myself.
    To what Christian values do you refer?
    "You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They'll race behind you. They will stumble; they will fall. But, in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." Jor-El
    ---
    Kris Gethin's Body By Design, pg. 43/44 (Yes, that s me)

burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) burnedfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by b.spencer View Post
    To what Christian values do you refer?
    I'm just curious which one's you don't like.

I'm all for:

don't lie
    don't cheat
    don't murder
    don't steal
    honor your parents
    help the needy
    love others as you love yourself
    be humble and meek
    haven't met a secular person that strongly adhered to these, let alone the others I'm sure you can think of.

b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000)

I'm all for:

don't lie
    don't cheat
    don't murder
    don't steal
    honor your parents
    help the needy
    be humble and meek
    haven't met a secular person that strongly adhered to these, let alone the others I'm sure you can think of.
    As a law enforcement officer, I am interested in any "secular person" that has committed a murder or has stolen someone else's property. Much less ALL the "secular" people you have met. I would suggest you call your local police department immediately.

You see, ^^^ that is a Christian value I do not like. Demonizing people you do not know for no reason. You paint a picture of anyone who is not religious as a murdering, thieving, etc. SOB. Care to reconsider?
    "You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They'll race behind you. They will stumble; they will fall. But, in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." Jor-El
    ---

Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've heard it said that some are tired of Christians cramming their religion down others' necks. Frankly, I haven't witnessed this myself, so I am curious where and how this is being done.
    i work in a catholic retirement home and everyday residents and their family and the nuns and preist that work/live there are always making jabs at me because they know i am an atheist.

giving me bible passages to read, inviting me to the service, giving me religious lectures.

I personally could care less what you believe. I will listen to your views and even discuss them with you, but please do not force them on me. it is rude

As a law enforcement officer, I am interested in any "secular person" that has committed a murder or has stolen someone else's property. Much less ALL the "secular" people you have met. I would suggest you call your local police department immediately.

You see, ^^^ that is a Christian value I do not like. Demonizing people you do not know for no reason. You paint a picture of anyone who is not religious as a murdering, thieving, etc. SOB. Care to reconsider?
    What is a Christian value you don't like?

How did I paint a picture that I think anyone who is not religious is a murdering, thieving, etc. SOB? I am very confused

ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    This pertains to everybody tho(in most cases). Brb, making me pay more taxes so the lazy guy can sit on his butt.
    that analogy makes not sense to me

probably the 'god' part.

i don't kill because it is wrong, not because god says it is wrong.

Originally Posted by ftwrestler View Post
    i work in a catholic retirement home and everyday residents and their family and the nuns and preist that work/live there are always making jabs at me because they know i am an atheist.

giving me bible passages to read, inviting me to the service, giving me religious lectures.

I personally could care less what you believe. I will listen to your views and even discuss them with you, but please do not force them on me. it is rude
    If I took a job at a mormon summer retreat, I don't think I would blame them for wanting me to believe what they believe. I took the job knowing what it was.

Originally Posted by ftwrestler View Post
    probably the 'god' part.

i don't kill because it is wrong, not because god says it is wrong.
    Me too! Only for both reasons. So it's just the 'god' part that you don't agree with, not the morals taught? Society would be greatly aided if more agreed with us.

What is a Christian value you don't like?

How did I paint a picture that I think anyone who is not religious is a murdering, thieving, etc. SOB? I am very confused
    You stated that you had never met a "secular" person who strongly adhered to values such as not killing, not stealing, not lying, etc. Thereby, you paint all "secular" people as potential murderers, thieves, etc. You have, in short, judged their actions before you know them. And, if you uphold Christian values, you should uphold the value that what you just did above, Paul bluntly condemns in Romans 2:1-5. However, most Christians keep on doing it.

I am forced to conclude that hypocrisy is as treasured a Christian value as any of those you mentioned.
    ---

fappindontpay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fappindontpay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fappindontpay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fappindontpay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fappindontpay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fappindontpay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fappindontpay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fappindontpay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fappindontpay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fappindontpay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fappindontpay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    "I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." --President George W Bush, July 9, 2004

If you can't see how Christianism has influenced bad foreign policy, the war on drugs, the war on poverty, et al...is this real life?

If I took a job at a mormon summer retreat, I don't think I would blame them for wanting me to believe what they believe. I took the job knowing what it was.
    so they are right for forcing their beliefs on me?

Me too! Only for both reasons.
    do you see what we mean? it is not that we dislike morals and values. we just dont involve god

VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VAPlowhorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I haven't met a Christian who strongly adhered to them either.

You also forgot several values that I have observed are commonly considered essential by Christians:

- demonize homosexuals
    - vote Republican no matter what
    - demonize atheists
    - demonize people of other religions
    - oppose non-abortive forms of birth control
    - oppose education above the community college level (I am not making that one up, lolz)
    - support slavery (now reversed)

See? I can use silly statements to frame the discussion into what context I want as well.
    Disciple of the tire flip and Utilikilt.

mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The one's that say two men can't fall in love and be married.
    I'm all for:
    don't lie
    don't cheat
    don't murder
    don't steal
    honor your parents
    help the needy
    be humble and meek
    I have always tried to live the above, my doubting in religion and God has not affected those commitments. My oldest son is atheist and he also lives all of those principals better than most so called christians.

The only one I question is the humble and meek. If your definition is allowing some religious person to tell me how to feel and what to think. Then no I am not humble or meek. There are other ways to be humble without groveling to a church.
    You can, and need to find a ground that you know you are suppose to stand on.. hence, stand your ground, this is the place where you know everything is as it should be for you. If you stand in a place where you know in your heart things are wrong, most things around you will never be right.

Rule number one, never work at being what another man defines as being "honorable", Honorable is is being true to what you know and and doing what you know is right for you..

Nagalfar

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Laws are morality based. Morality is often found in your belief system, or religion. It's what this country was founded upon.

Same code of ethics guides scientific experimentation.

edit: okay, that was a vague and generalized post (mine). But why do you oppose the Prop 8? Is it because you think it is wrong to deny the homosexuals the right to marriage?
    No.

This country was founded on liberty. Liberty means the rights of different types of morality to co-exist as long as they don't affect each other in a negative way.

I obviously brought up the prop 8 example to show how "Christianity" is shoving their beliefs down people's throats. You don't have to stand on a corner and threaten someone to shove your beliefs. You can do it in the voting box through MASSIVE amounts of money being pumped into a campaign to alter/make/undo laws.

mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mntbikedude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by US_Ranger View Post
    . You can do it in the voting box through MASSIVE amounts of money being pumped into a campaign to alter/make/undo laws.
    this ^^^^^^^^
    You can, and need to find a ground that you know you are suppose to stand on.. hence, stand your ground, this is the place where you know everything is as it should be for you. If you stand in a place where you know in your heart things are wrong, most things around you will never be right.

Rule number one, never work at being what another man defines as being "honorable", Honorable is is being true to what you know and and doing what you know is right for you..

Nagalfar

Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rockchalk0420 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think a lot of it is involuntary. For instance, stem cell research is something that will benefit everyone. Yet under Bush, he found it to be immoral research. What did he do? He banned stem cell research.

If the Christians are pushing their morality, what about it don't you like/agree with?
    I dont mind that certain people hold these beliefs, what I do not like is when certain individuals seem to think that their religious views are somehow innate, and to be desired by everyone. I do not want to be subjected to something that I do not agree with. Its this religious dogma that is unhealthy. We cannot continue to hold onto old primitive teachings in the 21st century.

I find most of the Christian values to be excellent myself.
    And thats fine, no one has a problem with your personal views. So long as you remember that not everyone shares them. All that I ask is you do the same (respect) in return to people who have different beliefs/ideologies.

TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I'm all for:

don't lie
    don't cheat
    don't murder
    don't steal
    honor your parents
    help the needy
    be humble and meek
    1. Those are secular institutions, not religious ones. They existed long before religion, and they will exist long after religion is gone. Religions do not have an exclusive claim to these morals and ethics; if they did, they would not be seen in every society, including atheistic ones. And yes, there are entirely atheistic societies. We never hear about them because they don't go around trying to force people into their way of thinking.

2. Prove that you haven't met a secular person strongly adheres to these.
    ignore list: MuscleXtreme

”The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black.”

–Henry Rollins

jmd3718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jmd3718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jmd3718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jmd3718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jmd3718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jmd3718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jmd3718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jmd3718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jmd3718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jmd3718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jmd3718 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I know exactly what you guys are talking about referring to the preachers on campus who stand on milk crates and yell to students "Repent or go to Hell!" I feel sorry for these people because that is not what Christianity is all about. I am a born again Christian and I love Jesus Christ for what he did for everyone! He offers a free gift of salvation through his blood shed on the cross.

"that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; 10for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation." Romans 10:9-10

"Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him." Romans 5:9

If anyone has any questions or is curious of anything please message me. God is Good!

RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000)
    sounds like you feel really oppressed by the Christians.

That is Christians jamming their religion down your throat?
    Definitely. It got popular in the USA in the 19th century because it was believed to make masturbation impossible, thwarting a mortal sin.

markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've heard it said that some are tired of Christians cramming their religion down others' necks. Frankly, I haven't witnessed this myself, so I am curious where and how this is being done.
    Abortion restrictions.
    /thread.

markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bans on stem cell research.
    /thread pt deux

penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) penn28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Here look at this evangelist. Lying through his teeth and ramming Christianity down gullible, poor people's throat.

http://www.dgsdhinakaran.com/salvation.asp

http://www.jesuscalls.org/profile/dgs.asp

Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jesse_l_g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The worst way is teaching it to us when we are children.

"Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man"
    …we have not spent the last 65 million or so years finely honing our physiology to watch Oprah. Like it or not, we are the product of a very long process of adaptation to a harsh physical existence, and the past couple centuries of comparative ease and plenty are not enough time to change our genome. We humans are at our best when our existence mirrors, or at least simulates, the one we are still genetically adapted to live. And that is the purpose of exercise. - Mark Rippetoe

You stated that you had never met a "secular" person who strongly adhered to values such as not killing, not stealing, not lying, etc. Thereby, you paint all "secular" people as potential murderers, thieves, etc. You have, in short, judged their actions before you know them. And, if you uphold Christian values, you should uphold the value that what you just did above, Paul bluntly condemns in Romans 2:1-5. However, most Christians keep on doing it.

I am forced to conclude that hypocrisy is as treasured a Christian value as any of those you mentioned.
    I did not mean to paint all secular people, or anybody, as murders, thieves, etc. I simply haven't met a secular person who holds to these values deeply. I also don't mean I have never met a Christian who doesn't hold to them either. I can't claim to have always held them close to my heart either.

all I meant was that I find the values of Christ to be incredibly applicable to every person, but we all struggle to uphold them. Guess I wasn't clear, hope I am more so now.

I did not mean to paint all secular people, or anybody, as murders, thieves, etc. I simply haven't met a secular person who holds to these values deeply. I also don't mean I have never met a Christian who doesn't hold to them either. I can't claim to have always held them close to my heart either.

all I meant was that I find the values of Christ to be incredibly applicable to every person, but we all struggle to uphold them. Guess I wasn't clear, hope I am more so now.
    I am curious what you mean by "holds these values deeply." Is that not a subjective, judgmental assessment on your part? I am not meaning this as a personal attack, but you seem to have arrived at a conclusion that the religious persuasion is a guide to value structure. If you are not a Christian, you cannot hold a certain set of values on how to treat other people well "deeply." If that is your conclusion, you are certainly mistaken.

It would be the same thing as me claiming that I had never met a Christian that did not attempt to ram his doctrines down my throat at the point of a legal gun. I certainly have met many Christians who attempt to vote their doctrines into law, but I have met some who find that reprehensible.

Religion or lack of religion is no means to judge a man or woman's character. It is even less of a reason to make an assumption about other people's character. Jesus of Nazareth even tried to teach you that lesson. It is the meaning of the parable of the good Samaritan.

I would simply challenge you to one question, rhetorical perhaps, as I do not expect an answer -- in your judgments of those you call secular, are you like the priest or the Levite, judging others unfairly thinking piously about your deeply held values, while the "secular" Samaritan actually applies them? If so, IMHO, it is not the secular person that stands in need of repentance.
    ---

ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ONtop888 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bertstare...

wow, never seen that happen lol! That's crazy. Although I can see why someone would want to do that; if they truly believe they have a life saving and eternal answer, it makes sense to want to tell others about it.

This must not be too often though, as I have spent the last 10 years in universities (I'm not discounting what you said, just that I haven't really seen it). BTW, what did you study at UCSD? I was in the cogsci dept.

Thanks for the post!
    We had the exact same thing in my undergraduate college in PA (big state school). A nutter with a trimmed mustache, late twenties/early thirties, held up an obnoxious sign and harped about going to hell with three wing men. It's important to note that this was 4 people out of thousands in the area.
    Virile agitur