Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500)

Most weight lost in a week?

What is the maximum amount of weight YOU have ever lost, in one week's time? 3, 4 pounds? State how much you lost in a week at maximum, and then state your diet and exercise routine during that week briefly.

This should hand around some information around nicely.
    “A life spent chasing dreams that never come true is better than a life spent running away from dreams that could have.” – Alan Aragon

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Monyistbitu View Post
    What is the maximum amount of weight YOU have ever lost, in one week's time? 3, 4 pounds? State how much you lost in a week at maximum, and then state your diet and exercise routine during that week briefly.

This should hand around some information around nicely.
    No this is really not going to get you any decent information simply becuase big weight loss measured over a week is predominatly water weight loss. Sustainable and healthy weight loss comes at a consistent pace through good diet and exercise, it's not about how fast you can lose weight in 1 week.

Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Mightymuff View Post
    No this is really not going to get you any decent information simply becuase big weight loss measured over a week is predominatly water weight loss. Sustainable and healthy weight loss comes at a consistent pace through good diet and exercise, it's not about how fast you can lose weight in 1 week.
    That wasn't what I was aiming for. I still stand by the truth, that you can't lose all that weight in a couple of weeks. It'll take at least two months. I completely understand, don't get me wrong here. Just want to know how much weight you can lose at maximum per week.
    “A life spent chasing dreams that never come true is better than a life spent running away from dreams that could have.” – Alan Aragon

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That wasn't what I was aiming for. I still stand by the truth, that you can't lose all that weight in a couple of weeks. It'll take at least two months. I completely understand, don't get me wrong here. Just want to know how much weight you can lose at maximum per week.
    Your actual question should be "What is the most *FAT* I can lose per week in a sustainable and healthy way?".

The answer to that question depends on how much bodyfat you have, the fatter you are the bigger the deficit you can withstand and the more fat you lose. Someone who is lean and has small fat reserves loses fat slower.

I've seen figures of your maximum deficit being ~ 31kcals per lb of fat you have, so if you have 40lbs of fat you can sustain a 1240 kcal deficit, any more and you start losing more than just fat. How accurate that figure is im not sure but it gives a good guide.

So you will need to know your bodyfat % to work out how much fat YOU can lose per week.

theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10) theymademedoit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    6lbs this week....however been ill with stomach bug so some of thats water.
    I wish I could keep it off tho as I look ok!

Hmm, interesting. What if someone has a low body fat percentage, and loses for example 4 lbs in one week. What does he lose instead of the fat? His muscle? Or is losing 4 lbs per week while having a low body fat percentage impossible?

@theymedoit, that's ****ing insane lol, 6 lbs in one week! :d

Hmm, interesting. What if someone has a low body fat percentage, and loses for example 4 lbs in one week. What does he lose instead of the fat? His muscle? Or is losing 4 lbs per week while having a low body fat percentage impossible?

@theymedoit, that's ****ing insane lol, 6 lbs in one week! :d
    If you have low body fat, like 10% or somthing then yes you definitely are not going to lsoe 4lbs of fat in 1 week.

Also as i said in my very first post, you can fluctuate massively each week in water weight like the other guy in this thread, you could easily fluctuate 10+ lbs a week. It's not "hard" its not "insane" it's water weight, not fat.

RE24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RE24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RE24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RE24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RE24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RE24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RE24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RE24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RE24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RE24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RE24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When I started working out properly I lost 9lbs in my first week. Obviously predominately water weight
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Ubique CRE!

How do you tell whether it's water weight or fat? :d

How do you tell whether it's water weight or fat? :d
    It's impossible for your body to burn more than a few pounds of fat per week (unless you are extremely obese) so that leads you to water weight. It's also obvious its not fat when you can fluctate 7 lbs from 1 day to the next if you are dehydrated or if you've gone from a low/no carb diet to eating carbs (or vise versa).

Keeping your diet consistent, weighing once a week at the same time keeps fluctuations to a minimum so you can tell if you are losing fat or not. As I said above, your maximum deficit and hence your healthy fat loss speed is dictated by how fat you are.

If you are gagging for numbers, if you have 40 lbs of fat then you could safely lose 2 lbs a week, if you have 20lbs of fat then more than 1lb a week is a little fast, if you have 120 lbs of fat you could lose 6lbs a week.

PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lost 3.2 lbs with a woosh this week.. I was stuck for nearly 2 weeks
    Last edited by PhiSig2298; 06-17-2011 at 06:31 AM.

frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree with MightyMuff.

To answer his question (better worded), I lost 2 lbs in one week by eating way too little and upping the cardio at about 13%bf. That was actually quite alot and my strength/lbm suffered for it (my typical weekly loss is .5 - 1lb).
    Start (fat guy):May 31 2009 - 205lbs ~34%bf
    (first large cut) July 31 2010 - 140 lbs ~14-15%bf
    (first bulk) March 1 2011 - 164lbs ~18-19%bf
    Currently (June 30, 2011) - 146lbs ~11-12% bf
    Ultimate Long term Goal - 170lbs @ 10%bf

Ceramist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ceramist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I went from 285 to 278 in 1 week in the middle of my weight loss, 7 lbs. Doing general PT 3x week for an hour and cardio 4x a week for a 1 to 1-1/2 hours. I was eating about 2200 cals a day.

The week prior was 3 lbs and the week after was only 1 lb so it may have been a water dump from my body.
    My body is the clay I am molding to the shape I desire and hardening it with fire.

It's just weight. I move it with the power of my will. If I don't have the willpower it will not move.

ted123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ted123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have lost 1 stone in a week before, but this was at my heaviest weight when obviously the weight goes down alot quicker...that was just diet as well, no exercise

VANCOUVER CANUCKS FUK YEA MAGnitude's Avatar
    MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000)
    charlie sheen needs to delve into this thread, i bet he will be a winnner, or should i say WINNING!

seriously though, slow and steady wins the race. half a pound or 2 pounds, ur still making progress, and thats what u want
    RIP- LUC BOURDON

GO THE CANUCKS, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmoney89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Last weekend I ate like crap and was back at 242, i believe that was on sunday? Anyways i didnt do anything dif this week, kept track of cals/protein ect. went to the gym like always. when i weighed in this morning i was down 8 lb's from last sunday, i def was not expecting that today. Maybe it was just alot of fluids in me, drank a lot of beer and alcohol last weekend, and tons of water as usual and then i just sweat it out and pee'd it out. but yeah 8 lb's for me lol

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I was in high school I lost 14 lbs in a week for a wrestling match. (I don't recommend it) I ate about 1200 calories/day, wrestled for 3 hours a day, did some cardio in sweat suit and spit in a cup all day every day.

Had I known what I know now, it would have been a lot easier. I could probably have come close to the same water loss by simply dropping my salt intake to 0 and eating very low carbs.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    11lb (182-171) one week of psmf. lots of water weight. didnt last more than one week on it, lol

Remembering who I am... CorruptSilence's Avatar
    CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    18 lbs. I was 315 lbs. though, started working out and ate 1800 calories of "clean" food, no sodium, no sugar, low carbs, etc... Not achievable by most, and a lot of water. But it didn't come back. I was a bloated balloon at that weight though.
    ^^Former 300+lb crew^^
    ^^Current 100+lb Lost crew^^

Started 320 Lbs.
    Goal 185 Lbs.

Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    15 lbs. obv water/glycogen/2 lbs of fat/was probably constipated from eating so much junk
    Starting my cut up again September 15th.

Lost 50 lbs from November of 2010 through January of 2011

afasei is on a distinguished road. (+10) afasei is on a distinguished road. (+10) afasei is on a distinguished road. (+10) afasei is on a distinguished road. (+10) afasei is on a distinguished road. (+10) afasei is on a distinguished road. (+10) afasei is on a distinguished road. (+10) afasei is on a distinguished road. (+10) afasei is on a distinguished road. (+10) afasei is on a distinguished road. (+10) afasei is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looking back at my weight loss log the most I ever lost in a week was 3.8 lbs and that was probably a lot of water weight since it was back in the beginning of my cut. The funny thing is ever since I started dieting I never looked at the most I lost in one week until I read this post, lol.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    My weight loss has generally been in 5-8 pound blocks. I'll plateau for a couple of weeks, then I'll pee it out and it stays that way. So it averages out to 2 pounds a week, really.

Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've lost 10lbs in 9 days when I first took action on my fat loss May 1st.

Before that I had no idea on my caloric intake each day, but it was obviously at a surplus

Once i started tracking my intake from 5/1, I started making better choices in foods. Eating things Hi in protein, I set a daily protein target of 140g, Low carbs, and the rest in fats. I supplemented with 10g of omega 3 each day, and a multi-vitamin. I was averaging between 900-1100 cal/day.

I didnt weigh myself at any time between day 1's weight and day 9's weight. But once I did, and seen a 10lb drop, I got motivated to stay on track with fat loss

Malice84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Malice84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Malice84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Malice84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Malice84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Malice84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Malice84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Malice84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Malice84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Malice84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Malice84 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I lost 45 pnds in 2 months with xtreme deficit in calories approx 600 a day and cardio 5x a week with little weight lifting. Very bad idea, besides the dizziness and lack of energy I developed gallstones and had to have my gallbladder removed...

Btw started at 255

Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    6lbs since Tuesday. Still have saturday and sunday to go!

shadjor will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadjor will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadjor will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadjor will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadjor will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadjor will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadjor will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadjor will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadjor will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadjor will become famous soon enough. (+50) shadjor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    11 Pounds when I have been sick. I just go off all foods when sick.

5 Pounds at most when losing weight at the start. Was about 265 pounds and eating ~1600 calories a day.

Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I lost 11 pounds in a week when I was 293 pounds and went straight into keto diet. Maybe tiny fat loss but mostly water weight came off. Afterwards, it's slow from there.

Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metamorphose has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The search function is your friend

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128489361

On Monday the scale read 381 Thursday morning it read 372 so 9 lbs in 4 days. Yesterday was re-feed day but it was also my off day which wasn't the plan. I'll let u know what the scale says on Monday.

mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mtk1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm not sure about by the week but I lost 50 pounds over 3 and a half months of "dieting".

More so eating healthier than cutting back, and adding more exercise.

ALL4PL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    After a back injury I was cleared to workout and in the first 6 days I lost 10lbs. I'm sure it was water weight but I stayed on the diet to make sure I was ready for the season and dropped down from 266.8 to 226.7 in 3months on a diet of fish salad water (before Osmin made it famous) during the season it was chicken breast veggies and water...I really hate eating like that