Thread: My new routine

mblue22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mblue22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mblue22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mblue22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mblue22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mblue22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mblue22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mblue22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mblue22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mblue22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mblue22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My new routine

Hey I'm new to this site and I've tried every crash diet you can think of. HCG, Atkins, Zone, Fasting, juicing, etc etc. some of them work temporarily but I gave up on instant results and know the only way to keep the weight off is with proper nutrition and exercise.

Cardio:
    I am currently running on the elliptical 5-6 days a week in the morning first thing for 30 minutes with moderate resistance

Weightlifting:
    I spend 4-5 days lifting weights. I do one muscle group per day with 2-3 exercises per muscle group. Arms, chest, back, shoulders, legs, core.
    I do 3 sets with 12 reps and work more on form and full body movements instead of lifting as much as possible and as quickly as possible.

Diet:
    I eat pretty well. Have refined carbs in the morning with my Greek yogurt, mostly eating lean meat, cheese and veggies for lunch and dinner. For some reason, I'm just not losing weight. Maybe it's because of all the lifting. All of my excess fat is in my stomach an love handles. I am patient and have only been doing this for two weeks but I have the expectation that I would be losing weight and inches by now.

Any thoughts? Or tips? Also how do I know how many grams of protein are in random meat that isn't prepackaged like the left over thanksgiving turkey.

Another thought is suppliments. Maybe I could replace my lunch with a protein shake. I have muscle milk but I feel like maybe that will make me gain. I appreciate all responses... Even trolling ;-)

Lelaki Bangunan Seksi LengthyLifter's Avatar
    LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LengthyLifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mblue22 View Post
    Weightlifting:
    I spend 4-5 days lifting weights. I do one muscle group per day with 2-3 exercises per muscle group. Arms, chest, back, shoulders, legs, core.
    I do 3 sets with 12 reps and work more on form and full body movements instead of lifting as much as possible and as quickly as possible.

Diet:
    I eat pretty well. Have refined carbs in the morning with my Greek yogurt, mostly eating lean meat, cheese and veggies for lunch and dinner. For some reason, I'm just not losing weight. Maybe it's because of all the lifting. All of my excess fat is in my stomach an love handles. I am patient and have only been doing this for two weeks but I have the expectation that I would be losing weight and inches by now.
    Lifting: 3x/week, full body, mainly compound lifts.

Diet: are you counting calories? If you're not losing, you're eating too many calories.
    [Watdo? Crew] - GET HENCH!

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like you are on the right path. At the moment the only thing I would suggest is that you're tracking your caloric intake. If you're not getting results you need to adjust your diet and/or training.

As for supplements, I prefer whole foods and the only things I'd ever recommend are multivitamins, creatine, BCAA, E/C(ephdrine/caffeine and fish oil pills but it all depends on your diet.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.