thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

GNC Mass IV - Thoughts?

So I live in Canada and the GNC near me has nothing but muscle tech, I decided to go with their in-house Mass I.V. which is cleaner than the other stuff they sell. 60g of protein, 11g of fat, the rest carbs. I'm really just looking to put on like 15-20 lbs here, even if it means some of it is fat, I'm skin and bones right now -- 6' 145lbs, was at 155lbs but I've been having health issues.

What's the general consensus on this product, and also what's the general consensus on when to take a weight gainer like this, pre/post/morning/before bed -- when?

I was thinking 3/4 of the serving after a workout and then 1/4 of it before bed.

dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by thatguy1234 View Post
    So I live in Canada and the GNC near me has nothing but muscle tech, I decided to go with their in-house Mass I.V. which is cleaner than the other stuff they sell. 60g of protein, 11g of fat, the rest carbs. I'm really just looking to put on like 15-20 lbs here, even if it means some of it is fat, I'm skin and bones right now -- 6' 145lbs, was at 155lbs but I've been having health issues.

What's the general consensus on this product, and also what's the general consensus on when to take a weight gainer like this, pre/post/morning/before bed -- when?

I was thinking 3/4 of the serving after a workout and then 1/4 of it before bed.
    Hey brother, I'd stick with regular food If I was you and just eat alot. I'd pick a very reputable brand, that doesn't have fillers or a boatload of sugar I don't know alot about muscletech, but I'd check the macros on that product and look at the ingrediants. Get a product that will help you gain, and is also fairly clean.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    (Former)Keto Crew - 21lbs down in 57days.
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thatguy1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dalkon View Post
    Hey brother, I'd stick with regular food If I was you and just eat alot. I'd pick a very reputable brand, that doesn't have fillers or a boatload of sugar I don't know alot about muscletech, but I'd check the macros on that product and look at the ingrediants. Get a product that will help you gain, and is also fairly clean.
    It's not made by muscletech it's made by GNC, I'd never buy muscletech.

Regular food doesn't get me by. I was eating 3300-3500 calories a day and wasn't gaining anything, I need something to push me over, that's why I'm getting a weight gainer.

dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dalkon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Regular food doesn't get me by. I was eating 3300-3500 calories a day and wasn't gaining anything, I need something to push me over, that's why I'm getting a weight gainer.
    GNC brand doesn't have the best reputation, but if thats all you can find and its a fair price, get it. I'd check out Vitamin Shoppe before you go ahead and buy from GNC. Vitamins Shoppe has some mass gainers with sweet potatoes in them, so they are more clean.
    ---------Dalk
    USN Crew
    (Former)Keto Crew - 21lbs down in 57days.
    Boxing Crew
    Running Crew

Archangelclk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey I am skinny as well have had aot of trouble gaining. although eating like 6-8 meals now has helped me. I used weight gainer but ur not gonna see much, I would recommend just packing on tons of oats and lean chicken fillets on top of your 2 or more protein shakes a day. I through in a cup of oats into my morning shake and thourhoug the day I am constantly getting down 100% whole wheat bread sandwhiches to help feed my muscle. i gained about 10 lbs of muscle in the last 6 months and 3-4 lb in the last month or 2 with 5 day workouts.

Also I just ordered some Gold standard whey protein in chocolate mint flavor off bb.com, however the gns by me toronto/ontario/canada all carry Gold standard in chocolate, choc malt, cookies cream strawberry and banana. This fairs a around the same as the gnc brand as that is what i have been taking for about 3 months. I buy the 5 lb buckets. I would get the reg whey and just spend the extra money on groceries, oatmeal and breads etc. I think the main thing for skinny guys like u and me is to keep downing complex carbs like oats, this has worked better then just getting in fat or protein.

BrandNew3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I thought this would be better than making a new one.

I keep reading on the forums (in other posts mostly) that GNC is super overpriced. A lot of people have advised making your own using things like peanut butter, oats, bananas, eggs, and protein powder in order to save money, but protein powder seems to be as much or more than weight gainer.

I've been buying Gold Standard Whey Protein ($10 lbs for $108). Today I bought 2 x 10lbs of GNC Mass IV for a total of $135 for 20 lbs.

Based on the nutritionals above and the value, it seems like GNC is a pretty good deal. So why all the hate for GNC products? Haven't opened these yet so I've got an open mind and can return them if I have to.

Interested in your thoughts!

kunwer47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

i m skinny too

I have bought gnc mass 4 will it help me gain fat also

Andy5026 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I realise this is an old thread, but I'll post this anyways:

I buy this one. I haven't really tried any others so I have nothing to compare it to. One scoop is about 250 cal. which for me is one 'serving' (although they say to drink 4 scoops [980 cal.] in a gladd of 500ml which I have no idea how it wouldn't turn to cement before you could drink it.)

So I like it but for 2 issues:

1) The vanilla doesn't dissolve very well (but its delicious). The residue turns to cement on the side of the glass. My dishwasher not only doesn't get it off but tends to spread it to my other dishes.

2). I recently bought the strawberry flavour and while it dissolves a lot better, it gives me the runs badly. I've just written GNC to see if I can get some type of refund/exchange on it as I would happily take vanilla instead, despite the cement issue. I'll post the company's response.