Registered User bradleytjohnson's Avatar
    bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My cut starts now...

I've been bulking since February and I hate my body right now, so I want to cut for the first time and get as low as possible!

Any advice?

My diet today...

4 Whey protein shakes for breakfast
    worked out
    ate a turkey sandwich with whole wheat bread extra turkey and mayo (I can't eat it without mayo...)
    3 cups of pasta, it did not have enriched wheat in it but it was a white wheat.
    1 date cause I saw it on the counter lol

Let's say I eat like this regularly is that going to allow me to lose weight? I want to lose about 25 pounds by my birthday, that's how much weight I've gained so far.

dunit94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dunit94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dunit94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dunit94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dunit94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dunit94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dunit94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dunit94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dunit94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dunit94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dunit94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nutrition sticky.....read them

eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bradleytjohnson View Post
    I've been bulking since February and I hate my body right now, so I want to cut for the first time and get as low as possible!

Any advice?

My diet today...

worked out
    ate a turkey sandwich with whole wheat bread extra turkey and mayo (I can't eat it without mayo...)
    3 cups of pasta, it did not have enriched wheat in it but it was a white wheat.
    1 date cause I saw it on the counter lol

Let's say I eat like this regularly is that going to allow me to lose weight? I want to lose about 25 pounds by my birthday, that's how much weight I've gained so far.
    Your diet is poor...

Originally Posted by dunit94 View Post
    Nutrition sticky.....read them
    http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator

bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradleytjohnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm goin for <1500 a day how is my diet poor?

Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The others answered it, but I want to add that there's no reason to lose ALL of the weight you gained during the bulk as some of it is muscle. You need to do ALOT of reading.

Edit: <1500 a day is stupid and unnecessary. It's unsustainable and makes macros difficult to hit. That's how it's poor.
    Where I want to be: 220 lbs 10% bodyfat

saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I decided to start cutting today as well I did some research. heres some general nutrition info I've found

Maintenance calories subtract 15% - 20%
    I'm 190 lbs so I decided to do a 500 cal deficit with the goal to lose 1-1.5lbs per week but you will be much lower in cal deficit, unless you want to lose muscle mass.

I couldn't figure out macros by grams but this percentage system seemed to be around what I calculated

Proteins: 50%
    Cals: 20%
    Fats: 30%

refeed at maintnance calories with this percentage for macros (this is for someone who is 190lbs)
    Protein: 50
    Carbs: 35
    Fats: 15 (around 50 grams)

the fatter you are the less refeeds you should do and the leaner you become, refeed more often.

Hopefully this cuts out some of the work for you.

Originally Posted by Shankapotamus View Post
    The others answered it, but I want to add that there's no reason to lose ALL of the weight you gained during the bulk as some of it is muscle. You need to do ALOT of reading.
    I know I just want to get around in the 130 region, I want to be more cut then when I was when I started lifting.
    I don't think I need to do any reading lol...

DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mmmm all dem micronutrients...

...not...

Originally Posted by saltydoggy View Post
    I decided to start cutting today as well I did some research. heres some general nutrition info I've found

Maintenance calories subtract 15% - 20%
    I'm 190 lbs so I decided to do a 500 cal deficit with the goal to lose 1-1.5lbs per week but you will be much lower in cal deficit, unless you want to lose muscle mass.

I couldn't figure out macros by grams but this percentage system seemed to be around what I calculated

Proteins: 50%
    Cals: 20%
    Fats: 30%

refeed at maintnance calories with this percentage for macros (this is for someone who is 190lbs)
    Protein: 50
    Carbs: 35
    Fats: 15 (around 50 grams)

the fatter you are the less refeeds you should do and the leaner you become, refeed more often.

Hopefully this cuts out some of the work for you.
    I'm totally lost in your post bro... I've talked to several very cut people and they all say just to lower your daily caloric needs by 500 for a 1-2 pounds lost a week.

Originally Posted by DarthInvadeHer View Post
    Mmmm all dem micronutrients...

...not...
    I'm not sure what you mean by this but I do take a daily vitamin?

DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not sure what you mean by this but I do take a daily vitamin?
    You should get in some fruits and veggies.

Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shankapotamus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Look, OP, don't argue. Just take the advice and read the stickies in Losing Fat and Nutrition. Once you have a true diet plan that consists of macros rather than "wheat brerad, chicken breast, pasta... etc etc", come back and have people look it over.

elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm totally lost in your post bro... I've talked to several very cut people and they all say just to lower your daily caloric needs by 500 for a 1-2 pounds lost a week.
    this.. kinda. That low of a calorie goal and lack of variety in food sources will lead to a miserable diet that will be difficult to sustain.

Originally Posted by DarthInvadeHer View Post
    You should get in some fruits and veggies.
    Oh I did I ate two handfuls of spinach since that's basically no calories I didnt include it.

Originally Posted by elijahb13 View Post
    this.. kinda. That low of a calorie goal and lack of variety in food sources will lead to a miserable diet that will be difficult to sustain.
    I'm not eating this every day lmao... I just wanted to know if what I ate today was okay.

saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I guess it depends on your goal. My concerns for my cut is losing too much muscle mass, losing too much strength, hitting plateaus, etc. If someones maintenance calories were 1500 it would be hard on the body to drop it down 500 cals. Pretty much every one is different, so find out what works the best for you. As far as refeeds, I've read that it could possibly prevent plateaus during a cut, tricking your body into kick starting the weight loss. and macro's are there so your feeding your body the right way. Alot of people wonder why they "seeing results" but there macros are out of whack. in the end just find out whats perfect for your body. theres plenty of information out there, even on this forum. Stickied... in the nutrition section.

Look, OP, don't argue. Just take the advice and read the stickies in Losing Fat and Nutrition. Once you have a true diet plan that consists of macros rather than "wheat brerad, chicken breast, pasta... etc etc", come back and have people look it over.
    I'm not looking for a diet plan.

Is what I ate today okay for a diet. Tomorrow I wont be eating pasta I'll probably have rice or something...

Originally Posted by saltydoggy View Post
    I guess it depends on your goal. My concerns for my cut is losing too much muscle mass, losing too much strength, hitting plateaus, etc. If someones maintenance calories were 1500 it would be hard on the body to drop it down 500 cals. Pretty much every one is different, so find out what works the best for you. As far as refeeds, I've read that it could possibly prevent plateaus during a cut, tricking your body into kick starting the weight loss. and macro's are there so your feeding your body the right way. Alot of people wonder why they "seeing results" but there macros are out of whack.
    People overestimate muscle loss. The simple truth is that people are so surprised at how little of them is left after dropping 100 lbs of fat so they assume they must have lost muscle.

You won't come out looking like Arnold after your first cut.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)

Edit: <1500 a day is stupid and unnecessary. It's unsustainable and makes macros difficult to hit. That's how it's poor.
    Well, the guy is 5'4". You're 6'2. So... you know, do the math. He's eating his bw X10. That's cutting harder than I like to, but it's hardly a "dangerous crash diet!"

Anyway, that diet is poor because there are no vegetables and 4 protein shakes, whose calories could be better spent on like food and stuff.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) elijahb13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Let's say I eat like this regularly is that going to allow me to lose weight? .
    uhhhh...

All I will say is that 15 minutes of reading the stickies will save you weeks/months of frustration, trying to diet without a basic understanding of nutrition.

Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    Well, the guy is 5'4". You're 6'2. So... you know, do the math. He's eating his bw X10. That's cutting harder than I like to, but it's hardly a "dangerous crash diet!"

Anyway, that diet is poor because there are no vegetables and 4 protein shakes, whose calories could be better spent on like food and stuff.
    I just said I ate 2 handfulls of spinach................... I can't get my protein any other way, and I'm still lifting so I'm going to try to reach 154g of protein a day.

dennis727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennis727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennis727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennis727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennis727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennis727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennis727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennis727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennis727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennis727 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennis727 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just said I ate 2 handfulls of spinach................... I can't get my protein any other way, and I'm still lifting so I'm going to try to reach 154g of protein a day.
    Why can't you get your protein from other sources?

Because I'm 17 I can't eat a carton of eggs a day my mom would kill me.

I had turkey and ground beef as well, just not that much.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm sure you'd do fine on 75-100g of protein a day.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    I'm sure you'd do fine on 75-100g of protein a day.
    The stickys say to still eat 1g of protein per pound though???

snakeman07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The stickys say to still eat 1g of protein per pound though???
    1g protein per LBM if your cutting.

Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phil9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Uhhh, why?
    "Too stupid to even figure out the subtitles of trolling." - Vickissick07