Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50)

is 2500 calories too low for somone 6'3 270 on a cut?

im guessing about 30 percent bodyfat. Hoping to lose 2 lbs a week. Lifting 5 days a week. As of now only cardio is a 5 min warmup on elipticall before each workout.

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    At your weight, you could likely tolerate 2000 calories or less per day, even with a fairly active lifestyle. Contrary to popular belief, the MORE fat you have, the higher the deficit you can tolerate. Fat isn't very metabolically active. I'm not saying 2500 is too high - you could likely cut there just fine - just correcting your logic.

The title of your thread asks the wrong question imo.

NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am at 260lbs cutting at 1800kcals. Don't even feel hungry. I hit the gym (or try to) 5 days a week, including a mile run most of the times after weight lifting.
    -ARRIVE
    -RUSTLE JIMMIES
    -LEAVE

*Furiously packing sht since 1991.

mhswres1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhswres1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhswres1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhswres1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhswres1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhswres1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhswres1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhswres1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhswres1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhswres1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhswres1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im 65 and have been cutting from 447 pounds... down to 342 now, i normally eat like 2400 on workout days and like 2000-2200 on off days. just make sure your getting at least like 175-200 grams of protein( i think 1 gram per pound of body weight for guys as big as us retarded) and you should be good... iv been cutting like crazy and can say iv kept at least 90-95% of my muscle while cutting 105 pounds down

really there have been weeks where i have eaten like 1400 7 days strait because im just not hungry
    started december 16th 2010 at 447 pounds goal of 260 pounds and under 15%bf lost 150 pounds, never going back

never quit, you can do this.

Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Restraint is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bluechips View Post
    im guessing about 30 percent bodyfat. Hoping to lose 2 lbs a week. Lifting 5 days a week. As of now only cardio is a 5 min warmup on elipticall before each workout.
    You can do that... if you want to speed things up more cardio (even easy as walking a mile or two a day) will do you a favor in the long run

Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cardio is important for fat loss. Continue to warm up and perform resistance training, but add cardio after you lift. The longer the better for burning calories. You can increase the intensity by going faster, or by increasing the resistance. It's good for your cardiovascular system, and for lowering your BF%.
    Everyone has a six pack. Most people just keep theirs covered.

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cardio is not important for fat loss...^^^^

Diet is important. Cardio is not. Cardio is simply an extension of your diet. Cardio is beneficial for other reasons other than fat loss, but is not needed at all to have successful cut.

And I've reduced my cardio by 80-90%, and still am dropping weight at same clip as before for the most part.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm working with a 1200 calorie deficit on off days and close to 1500 on workout days and have no problem so far.

I think I'm around 35-36% bf, so it's probably OK to go that high.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluechips will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the advice so far guys. Anyone have any weight losss stories they want to share such as what u ate i have a hard time getting my macros to be exact but can get it decently cloe most of time. Sometimes im lazy with macros in past but from what i hear makin sure calories are right is the most important part? I want to lose 2 pounds a week nothing more hopefully not less. Trying to avoid loose skin also if possible

MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MCrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the advice so far guys. Anyone have any weight losss stories they want to share such as what u ate i have a hard time getting my macros to be exact but can get it decently cloe most of time. Sometimes im lazy with macros in past but from what i hear makin sure calories are right is the most important part? I want to lose 2 pounds a week nothing more hopefully not less. Trying to avoid loose skin also if possible
    My opinion is that in the beginning just make your calorie goal and do your best to get enough protein. I think the other stuff becomes more important as get lean, but at this stage just get a good deficit, good amount of protein and lift.

Just keep in mind that losing weight isn't easy. If you want to lose 2-3 pounds per week you have to be OK with being hungry sometimes even after eating all of your calories for the day. Be OK with being hungry and it will enjoy the food more. Of course if you are hungry all of the time you might have to eat more high fiber and protein foods or up calories if they are too low, but generally speaking there are going to be time where you are hungry.

I eat a mix of things, but a lot of chicken, pork, and beef. I have one protein shake a day for the most part. I eat chicken when I have enough fat in my diet and pork or beef if I need a little more. I eat a lot of veggies and a piece or two of fruit everyday. Greek yogurt has 10-15 grams of protein per cup so I have that as a snack sometimes. I like cheese and have at least a stick of it a day. Kashi Go Lean cereal is pretty good and a bowl of it with skim milk has 22g of protein and 10 grams of fiber.

My basic rule is: if I have calories left, fill it with meat and I can't go wrong.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I feel like I've run the full gamut at this point. Here is what I think I know...

When you are a fat bastard...... just eat less....really doesn't matter much....just eat less

As you get thinner and approach normal body fat levels (20% or so) things get more difficult if you actually care what the end result is. Lift heavy...start paying attention to macros

When you get below 15% body fat, things tighten up a lot. There isn't much room for error. You need to eat right...count calories....be accurate in macros...

Below 10%.... I don't really know except I know those guys are anal retentive.

So in summary.... for most heavy guys.... they worry about too much except DON'T EAT SO DAMN MANY CALORIES! Easy to say, hard to do. That is where healthy eating habits make a difference.

Change what you like to eat and change your life.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    2500 is too high. you can do better. lets cut it down to 1200 calories a day.

NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ShadowEmperor View Post
    1200? Why not starve the guy?

If he's used to eating crazy amounts of food do you think cutting it drastically to 3 slices of bread a day will help? No. He will quit.

I still recommend 2000~2500 for beginners to get USED to eating less and educated. From there they can make their own decisions, when they have a little experience.
    -ARRIVE
    -RUSTLE JIMMIES
    -LEAVE

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Learning how to starve isn't teaching you how to live.

A simple truth....

Learn to eat like a man at your goal weight and you will reach your goal weight. It will take a while, but you will naturally become him.

Crash diets are STUPID!
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tempted to neg for blatant disregard for the OPs health. It is irresponsible to suggest somebody run a 2500 calorie deficit without educating them or supervising them.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    3 days a week is sufficient for lifting especially as a beginner. I would suggest you do 20 minutes of cardio 3 times of week for general health. I find cardio leads to better lifting too.

Muscles grow when they recover so let them rest. Diet will cut the fat off. I would suggest eating for your target weight or near it so you get used to that amount of food. We all have different goals so make the target accordingly.

thanks for the help guys! anybody else wanna weigh in? ill take all the help i can get haha

bump

bump
    What are you bumping for? You got a few answers already.
    -ARRIVE
    -RUSTLE JIMMIES
    -LEAVE

ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShadowEmperor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    13 eggs
    6 cups of imitation crab meat
    20 medium necatrines
    30 ounces of grill chicken breasts
    39 large cucumbers
    9 mangos

what do they all have in common? 1200 calories. lets mix and match.

15 ounces of chicken (almost a pound) + 3 eggs + 7 necatrines= ~1200 calories

thats plenty of food and nutrients

8 ounces of fully cook bacon is also 1200 calories but no one is going to be full eating 8 ounces of bacon.

so you see how much you eat is not as important as what you eat. a low calorie diet is not necessarily a starvation diet. you can eat tons of nutrient rich, low calorie food all day and barely hit 1200.

Whitercoyote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Whitercoyote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    at 285 I was doing 1700 cals/day and hard cardio, 2 hours a day. Dropped all that extra fat fast and kept it off no problem.
    C'est la vie

BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500)
    13 eggs
    20 medium necatrines
    39 large cucumbers
    9 mangos

8 ounces of fully cook bacon is also 1200 calories but no one is going to be full eating 8 ounces of bacon.

so you see how much you eat is not as important as what you eat. a low calorie diet is not necessarily a starvation diet. you can eat tons of nutrient rich, low calorie food all day and barely hit 1200.
    LOL OP is 6'3 !!

You are 5'6 bro. Come talk to us about maintenance calories when you are tall enough to reach the top shelf.

13 eggs
    20 medium necatrines
    39 large cucumbers
    9 mangos

OK, I'm the same height as you, 12 pounds heavier and eat 1800 and lose 2-3 pounds per week when I stick to it. Now, what do you suppose might happen to a guy 9 inches taller and 43 pounds heavier ? Not good, that's what.

Negged for suggesting twice.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

Originally Posted by BigD208 View Post
    LOL OP is 6'3 !!

You are 5'6 bro. Come talk to us about maintenance calories when you are tall enough to reach the top shelf.
    haha this. Also does the amount of muscle you have matter with calorie needs or no. For instance would someone 250 lbc 10 percent bodyfat have the same matnence calorie needs as somone 250 with 35 percent bodyfat?

haha this. Also does the amount of muscle you have matter with calorie needs or no. For instance would someone 250 lbc 10 percent bodyfat have the same matnence calorie needs as somone 250 with 35 percent bodyfat?
    No, that's the point. You are taller than the moron above suggesting 1200 calories, therefore you probably have more lean mass (bones,muscle,organs..ect) just because of the larger frame. The more LM you have the more calories you need to maintain it. Generally speaking a person that much taller than another (9") will need more calories, unless the shorter person is a total beast or stump.

Not to mention 1200 calories is too low for a longterm diet even for someone my height.
    Vikings--Wolves-Gophers
    ***United----MNUFC***
    *****Celiac Bruh*****

Originally Posted by BigD208 View Post
    LOL OP is 6'3 !!

it must be pretty tough up there at 6'+ land. the air is thin at higher elevation which makes for lots of air heads.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    13 eggs
    20 medium necatrines
    39 large cucumbers
    9 mangos

@ 6' 3" 270 lbs the original posters maintenance calories are likely close to 3500/day. Are you honestly suggesting he runs a 2300 calorie deficit eating ****ing cucumbers/nectarines and mangos? The diet you are suggesting is extremely low in calories, has almost no dietary fat, inadequate protein and is not sustainable. The OP has 50-70lbs to lose, sticking to that kind of a deficit long term could impact his health. Perhaps you should do some reading.....

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...-or-large.html
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    it must be pretty tough up there at 6'+ land. the air is thin at higher elevation which makes for lots of air heads.
    Nope, it's pretty awesome. I just wish I was one inch taller.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    And to the OP, 2500 sounds like a good number at your height/weight to cruise on for awhile while losing fat.

cool thanks for the advice guys.