latte_guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Problems with Losing Fat/Need advice

I've been trying to lean up for 8 weeks going on 9. I'm started at 5'10" 191lb at 13%bf (accumeasue near waist) and now, I'm at 193.5lb, same bodyfat. Waist lost about half inch on my waist. The mirror shows me looking leaner on the shoulders, chest, back, upper abs while my traps actually look thicker! Unfortunately, I still have the "spare tire" on the lower abs which didn't seem to lean up at all. My maintenance level is around 2900 according to the the sticky post and I've eating 15-28% less, with heavy emphasis on protein and low carbs (under 125g) with one cheat meal (no restriction) a week. I'm only taking DHEA 75 mg/day as I have low test levels (I'm 40 yrs old), protein, glutamine and this week, I've started creatine. I workout 5 days a week, one bodypart a day, about up 20 sets each med to heavy weights, often to failure. I also do about 30-40 mins of stairmaster/running 4xs/week. Strength had increase every week which is amazing because I've been working out for 6 years and been on a pleateau.

So, am I doing something wrong as I didn't think I should be gaining weight while looking better? The accumeasure is still showing the same...

How can lose the gdamn "spare tire"? Honestly, that's all I truely care about!

How can I tweak my plan to loose that fat?

MichaelUk1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelUk1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelUk1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelUk1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelUk1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelUk1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelUk1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelUk1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelUk1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelUk1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelUk1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by latte_guy View Post
    I've been trying to lean up for 8 weeks going on 9. I'm started at 5'10" 191lb at 13%bf (accumeasue near waist) and now, I'm at 193.5lb, same bodyfat. Waist lost about half inch on my waist. The mirror shows me looking leaner on the shoulders, chest, back, upper abs while my traps actually look thicker! Unfortunately, I still have the "spare tire" on the lower abs which didn't seem to lean up at all. My maintenance level is around 2900 according to the the sticky post and I've eating 15-28% less, with heavy emphasis on protein and low carbs (under 125g) with one cheat meal (no restriction) a week. I'm only taking DHEA 75 mg/day as I have low test levels (I'm 40 yrs old), protein, glutamine and this week, I've started creatine. I workout 5 days a week, one bodypart a day, about up 20 sets each med to heavy weights, often to failure. I also do about 30-40 mins of stairmaster/running 4xs/week. Strength had increase every week which is amazing because I've been working out for 6 years and been on a pleateau.

So, am I doing something wrong as I didn't think I should be gaining weight while looking better? The accumeasure is still showing the same...

How can lose the gdamn "spare tire"? Honestly, that's all I truely care about!

How can I tweak my plan to loose that fat?
    If you've been training for 9 weeks and you've only lost 2 and a half pounds then obviously you're doing something wrong, Work out your bmr with a bmr calculator, then work out how many other calories you'll burn through weight training, cardio and any other daily activities you perform, add them together (TDEE) then eat 500 calories less per day to lose 1 pound or 1000 less to lose two (per week), also try and get your macros in the right proportion, which is how much protein/fat per pound of body weight you should eat per day, just look at the stickies on calories/macronutrients and fat loss for noobs. p.s i'd advise 3-5 days weight training (heavy compound exercises) and the other 2-4 cardio (optional)
    Eat BIG, lift BIG, get BIG,

Personal trainer.

Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I doubt those BF estimations are correct. 13% bodyfat you shouldn't really have a muffintop. I'm assuming you don't have much muscle mass? This might be an artifact of the "skinnyfat" look, which some guys just drive themselves mad cutting trying to get rid of, but the best remedy is to actually put some damn muscle on to offset it.