jasemerc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No need to load Creatine?

Yea you don't have to, but why would you want to wait?Creatine loading and maintenance dosing There has been a plethora of published research showing that 5 grams of creatine consumed four to six times daily for approximately one week can substantially increase total muscle creatine (TCr) concentration by 20-40%. This increase allows for an enhanced ability to resynthesize phosphocreatine (PCr) thus promoting an ergogenic benefit for short-duration, high-intensity activities (e.g., weight lifting, sprinting, etc). However, it is not clear if there is an “optimal” method of enhancing intramuscular creatine uptake. For instance, it is known that the consumption of carbohydrates with creatine may facilitate creatine uptake into skeletal muscles. However, the enormous carbohydrate load used (93 grams of carbohydrate, 4 times daily for 5 days) previously published creatine loading studies may be an impractical method of improving intramuscular creatine concentrations. Additionally, exercise itself serves as stimulus for creatine uptake. In an intriguing investigation from the University of Western Australia, scientists evaluated the efficacy of 3 different creatine (Cr) loading procedures and 2 different maintenance regimes on intramuscular Cr concentrations. The three loading phases were as follows