Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What qualifies you as a company rep nowadays? 2k+ posts?

chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sldge View Post
    Given the amount of blood work from actual users of the products its safe to say Triazole and Activate Xtreme definitely increase test and lower estrogen. There arent any products available that have more actual blood test results then the AX / TZ combo.
    I am interested in seeing some detailed results, beyond what's on bb.com product page. Do you have links to any studies that show before and after T levels in ng/dL?

∆ Th∑ Gr∑∑k GΩd ∆ AlphaTauMuscle's Avatar
    AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000) AlphaTauMuscle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sldge View Post
    You cant be deficient in I3C or DIM so its not really the same as ZMA. I3C and DIM (which I dont think works nearly as well as I3C. If you read enough info on both youll find out the only reports that show DIM is better is by companies who sell DIM. Thats not the case with I3C) improve the conversion of "unhealthy estrogens to healthy estrogens".

ZMA only works if you are deficient. Again it wont be a huge help but its cheap so to be able to rule out deficiencies while trying to boost test makes sense.

Neither of the above would be bad but overall they will only contribute to minor increases in test and likely no changes in estrogen unless severely deficient.

Given the amount of blood work from actual users of the products its safe to say Triazole and Activate Xtreme definitely increase test and lower estrogen. There arent any products available that have more actual blood test results then the AX / TZ combo.
    I was referring to the fact that both only will help a user if one is deficient in said product (IE crustache vegetables for I3C, zinc levels for ZMA)

With that being said i've putten in a lot of hours into research for both I3C vs DIM as well as the concept of hormonal ratios exerting a positive influence in retrospect to bodybuilding. If I have time I'll be starting a research project on the concept in the next several months.

chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000) chemicalromance is just really nice. (+1000)
    After further research, it seems Longjack and Maca reportedly increase T, though there are no credible studies to confirm this. The only problem is that they also increase sex drive, which I do not really want.

NOW Testojack and NOW Maca added to cart.

Here's the question though: are NOW products high quality? I understand that if these supplements are low quality, no effect is felt. I bought supplements of subpar quality before and felt no effect, so I am hesitant.
    Last edited by chemicalromance; 06-15-2011 at 11:00 PM.

UPDATE: found a source that sells 1:50 and 1:200 extracts at very high prices. Basically, a one month supply of 1:50 Tongkat Ali is like $100! Crazy.

diet = result 5,5% Bf nattyman1981's Avatar
    nattyman1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nattyman1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nattyman1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nattyman1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nattyman1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nattyman1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nattyman1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nattyman1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nattyman1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nattyman1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nattyman1981 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chemicalromance View Post
    After further research, it seems Longjack and Maca reportedly increase T, though there are no credible studies to confirm this. The only problem is that they also increase sex drive, which I do not really want.

NOW Testojack and NOW Maca added to cart.

Here's the question though: are NOW products high quality? I understand that if these supplements are low quality, no effect is felt. I bought supplements of subpar quality before and felt no effect, so I am hesitant.
    top brand
    "I Hate Damn Proprietary Blend"
    "Train Hard and Stay Natural"
    "The Key to Building Muscle ? Diets!!! Always > Supps "

TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000) TERMplus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    are you looking for an exhaustive list of chemicals or herbs that are said to have testosterone boosting properties, or are you looking for a list of chemicals / herbs that are documented to work? the latter is going to take ages considering the scarcity of research and the huge differences between chemicals or herbs from supplement company X and the chemicals or herbs from supplement company Y.

anyway, i guess i can contribute with a list of chemicals or herbs that MIGHT have a testosterone boosting effect (comments in parentheses)

damiana (only one study--conducted on rats; it does, however, have other health benefits, so it may indirectly boost testosterone)

catuaba (couldn't find any studies for its use as an aphrodisiac / testosterone booster; again, it has other health benefits)

sarsaparilla (i don't like anecdotal evidence, but there seems to be a consensus between the users of this herb that it enhances libido; whether it has an effect on testosterone is yet to be determined (do not that it has high "plant steroids" content, and in vitro, these steroids may be converted into testosterone and/or estrogen))

suma (some studies on rats; adapted from rain-tree.com:

Oshima, M., et al. “Pfaffia paniculata-induced changes in plasma estradiol-17beta, progesterone and testosterone levels in mice.” J. Reprod. Dev. 2003 Apr; 49(2): 175-80.
    Arletti, R., et al. “Stimulating property of Turnera diffusa and Pfaffia paniculata extracts on the sexual behavior of male rats." Psychopharmacology. 1999; 143(1): 15–9.
    Matsumoto, I., “Beta-ecdysone from Pfaffia paniculata." Japanese patent no. 82/118,422. January 20, 1984.
    de Oliveira, F. G., et al. “Contribution to the pharmacognostic study of Brazilian ginseng Pfaffia paniculata.” An. Farm. Quim. 1980; 20(1–2): 277–361.
    Nishimoto, N., et al. “Three ecdysteroid glycosides from Pfaffia." Phytochemistry. 1988; 27(6): 1665–68.)

nettle (some research documents its use for "freeing up" testosterone that is bound to SHBG, as well as estradiol-reducing properties (the constituents and biochemical actions of said constituents are known, i guess, so stinging nettles do sort of deserve recognition)

avena sativa (same reported mechanism of action as nettle sans estradiol-lowering effects (from what i know); research documenting its benefits is almost non-existent, unfortunately--some users report greater frequency of morning erections...interpret this as you see fit)

flaxseed (may have some estradiol-reducing activities; the controversy surrounding phytoestrogens makes me a bit cautious of using flaxseeds, though)

yohimbine HCL (or yohimbe bark if you want to get a dose of the other alkaloids present in yohimbe) (PMID 17486282; lots of reports on it increasing libido and giving men painful erections--seems to be good for fat loss, so i guess it deserves some recognition)

nolvadex or clomid (SERMs; there are obviously some side effects, however)

flavonoids may also lower estrogen by acting as aromatase inhibitors

some adaptogenic herbs (ginseng, rhodiola rosea, ashwagandha, cordyceps, ...) may also increase libido and/or testosterone through indirect actions

aromatase inhibitors obviously lower estrogen as well

i guess we need more research on every single testosterone boosting / estrogen lowering herb or chemical out there (yes, even for nolvadex--we need more objective analyses on the possible side effects of nolvadex or whatever other compound). right now, i recommend interpreting the research as you may, and take care of your whole body first, and you will certainly notice a huge increase in your testosterone!

good luck

That's a great list. I heard good things about nettle and avena sativa.

It's unfortunate that there are no studies around all these ingredients. Hormones are number one. I mean, if your T is not where it needs to be, is there any point in working out and eating like an ogre? Not if you ask me.

Bottom line is, no one should have to go through life with T levels below 1,000ng/dL.

THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THEHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    After further research, it seems Longjack and Maca reportedly increase T, though there are no credible studies to confirm this.
    Maca does NOT, Eurycoma is a different deal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135530691
    Olympus Labs/Lyfestyle Research & Development (R&D) Director

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Has anyone tried any supps containing Bulbine natelensis.

Vish6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vish6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vish6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vish6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vish6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vish6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vish6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vish6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vish6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vish6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vish6969 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I mean, if your T is not where it needs to be, is there any point in working out and eating like an ogre? Not if you ask me.

Bottom line is, no one should have to go through life with T levels below 1,000ng/dL.

I'd respectfully disagree.

You don't need superfluous T levels to benefit from working out and proper diet/eating.

I was able to put on 15-20 pounds of muscle with levels of ~ 300ng/dl - working out and eating well made me feel good and i never thought about my T levels until I got them tested and found out they were low.

Sometimes guys freak out about the numbers too much rather than how they actually feel.

Originally Posted by Vish6969 View Post
    I'd respectfully disagree.

You don't need superfluous T levels to benefit from working out and proper diet/eating.

I was able to put on 15-20 pounds of muscle with levels of ~ 300ng/dl - working out and eating well made me feel good and i never thought about my T levels until I got them tested and found out they were low.

Sometimes guys freak out about the numbers too much rather than how they actually feel.
    When my T levels are high, I feel it

you get that super focus, alpha feeling, a little bit of rage even, you feel like you could stick your fist through a wall. Best feeling in the world.

reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reverse79 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what is the desired dosage of Tongkat Ali?