Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In my life I have come to realize it keeps the as*hole bosses away.

The finger pointers, and the yellers and screamers always seemed to treat me differently than some of my fellow employees. This worked out well in my younger days when I was climbing my way up the corporate ladder. I was always scratching my head when someone was telling me about how the boss just ripped them a new one, and I am like "Wow, he has never even raised his voice to me."

Also, pretty much worked the same when I was dealing with customers who had a nasty attitude. They always seemed to bring it down 3 or 4 notches when I showed up.

Maybe I am just a great employee, or maybe my old bosses were just a little intimidated by my size, to ever go off on me?

JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonnyStead is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I might turn this on its head a little (and this is probably my hang up than anything else) - but whilst I dont get, in my view, more respect for being in shape at work - personally I do find I am less interested in the views of people who really dont look after themselves. To some degree I do think "if you dont have enough about you, to tackle looking that out of shape - like seriously obese - I'm not going to put much weight in your opinion on all that much"

Probably wrong of me - but its either a knowledge or attitude thing in my opinion

Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000) Shaunhavoc is just really nice. (+1000)
    healthy body, healthy mind .. you get back what you project in my opinion..

muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xempik View Post
    How does bodybuilding impact the life of a business man or woman? Is it positive, do people take you more or less seriously, as more or less intelligent and competent, or do you just look like someone's bodyguard? I am wondering about the implications of bodybuilding on building a career in a F500.
    It seems to depend greatly on how large you get. I myself notice that moderate sized body builders get treated with more respect (and taken more seriously) when they have more of a healthy athletic, build. And not to large physique.

There seems to be a fine line between what society sees as an intelligent, healthy athletic person, versus a "muscle head", or "gym rat type".(common terms used for huge guys by non gym goers). even women, it seems, prefer more of an athletic build over a huge, hulk type physique.

Please don't take this as my opinion. it's just my observation of what I have seen in reactions, and comments over the years. I personally give credit to anyone who has the will power to push themselves to the limit each and everyday to get huge. not to mention the dieting!