XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What to do when you have NO motivation left to lift/work-out?

Hey guys, I"m just trying to figure out what I need to do to get some motivation back or something.

I have absolutely 0 motivation left to workout.

I'm not really social anymore, TBH (to be honest). I am finishing up college and applying for a PharmD, and before that I studied A LOT and never would go out on weekends really....

I'm not in horrible shape, and I watch what I eat, and I don't like being "average", physique wise.

Is there something that uplifts you guys, and makes you want to workout?

I used to study so much, that I don't have any good friends anymore (yeah pathetic I know), no girlfriend, etc... I do work, go to school, and did other side projects like volunteering and "research" at one point though. I have horrible parents as-well that I don't really get along with and nevertheless, get no "support" from them as-well.

So I don't want any pity, or to sound like a drama queen, I'm just curious what other people do & maybe someone can analyze something I may be doing wrong, obviously, it's something.

So what could I do?

Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bonuman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Get a lifting buddy. It can even be a girl.
    "Exercises aren't bad, people are."
    -Elliott Hulse

XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10) XxDecayxX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Bonuman View Post
    Get a lifting buddy. It can even be a girl.
    I don't have one, I Used too when I was like 19-21y.o., but everyone eventually bailed on me.

That actually does make it harder too, because I feel alone at times and bored.

I did have a hot streak at one point where I worked out for so long , consecutively with motivation and loved it.

Eventually, the motivation wore down, my personal life began to plummet downward, and here I am where I am at.

I probably have skipped the last 2-3weeks, I just don't how to know justify going in.

Because I think , well " am I going to land some new job? Is anyone going to notice? ", because I don't go out much anymore and I feel like all the effort will be for nothing, and I told you I have no workout buddy or any support from anyone, even family/friends..so

I guess some alpha "lifter" could tell me to "man up your ******* and get your p***y butt in there"...

and it sucks because I feel I agree and realize this. I my personal life sucking and feeling down in the dumps has severely affected my working out routine and made me not care about working out & other things.

Sucks, don't know what to do.
    -_-
    Last edited by XxDecayxX; 10-26-2012 at 01:42 PM.

ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderGunz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds like your kind of depressed. I've been there. One way I've helped motivate myself to lift is to keep track of all my stats and write goals down on paper. Keep track of calories, weight, lift strength, and make progress every day. Just make a little progress every day and you will start some positive momentum. For my depression i like meditation. This may sound lame but listen to this guided meditation/self hypnosis video with headphones in when you go to sleep. You will sleep like a champ and wake up surprisingly motivated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEXlScN9AO0

RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) RRJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Think of this way. You're probably not going to be anti-social for the rest of your life. You're going to have other friends and girlfriends, I promise you that. You can't just jump in the gym, go for two months, and have a great physique. It takes years of hard work. Time you put in NOW can pay off YEARS from now. Check out some of the guys that have been giving it their all for 5, 6, 7+ years. Also, working out can make someone feel better afterward, you can see progress, enjoy accomplishment. Five years from now you probably won't remember this post, but if you do, I hope you think "hey, he was right, what I did five years ago did have ramifications on my current life". If you see my before picture you can see I completely gave up on life at one point...literally no social interaction whatsoever and lived at home with my family. My life is completely different now, more friends, a girlfriend that lives in a house with me, etc. My stupid decisions back then still play a role with my body now. So you have to keep in mind that even if no one sees or notices what you're doing now, they might YEARS down the line. Don't squander your time or youth, it is very finite.

walshj844 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Even though I have a family, I tell myself that I'm doing this not for them but for myself as my family will support me in whatever I choose to which could give me an out. I get a lot of motivation in seeing the transformations of others as well as pushing myself in the gym everyday. Try changing up your routine and start "fresh" with a new program. Give yourself a goal to achieve such as competing in some type of competition. Pick yourself up and just get moving!
    Good luck.

BIGBUiLDERS is not very well liked. (-100) BIGBUiLDERS is not very well liked. (-100) BIGBUiLDERS is not very well liked. (-100) BIGBUiLDERS is not very well liked. (-100) BIGBUiLDERS is not very well liked. (-100) BIGBUiLDERS is not very well liked. (-100) BIGBUiLDERS is not very well liked. (-100) BIGBUiLDERS is not very well liked. (-100) BIGBUiLDERS is not very well liked. (-100) BIGBUiLDERS is not very well liked. (-100) BIGBUiLDERS is not very well liked. (-100)
    watch arnold videos CONNAN> and start with ferrigno and arnold..work your way down but krucs your enemies see the mdriven before you and hear the lamitaion of the women.. .maybe you need a break .. not to long..
    Krom from baby Einstein

dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What motivates me is other people's transformations, and setting close goals (weights, BF%, weight..etc) and working my #$% off to achieve them.

But looks like your personal life is basically what's affecting your gym, not that you're not motivated for lifting/workin out specifically, so avoid what makes u upset, be more social, go out more, once you've done that, you'll find yourself already wanting to go back to the gym n slammin the bars
    “One of the greatest experiences in life is achieving personal goals that others said would be, ‘impossible to attain.’ Be proud of your success and share your story with others.” -Robert Cheeke

crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No bodies going to be able to make you go and lift

So just go and do it. Don't think about it, don't try and offer an excuse, nothing

Just do it

Registered User notbigenoughyet's Avatar
    notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) notbigenoughyet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I did a noob thing the first 4 months of getting back into lifting, no deload week. I was exhausted for about two weeks and tired of eating/bulking watched what I ate and lost ten lbs of fat. Feelsbetternowman.

Just wait one day probably this week miscing you'll see a workout vid and get jelly as fark. Brb need my pump.

chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chizzy16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i just talk myself into going to the gym every morning or talk myself out of a craving, weird but works for me, it helped me lose 44 pounds still got another 20 pounds but im on my way