Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Squeaks' Journey to a hotter bod and other life stuff

Seems like the time is right to start another journal. I'm always thinking of stuff to say, so I need a place to put it. I feel like I'm always thinking of stuff to tell you guys, so here it is.

I started lifting weights in February 2009, the day of my 32nd birthday. I spent a year doing my own bb split and learning about nutrition. I didn't make a whole lot of progress that first year, but I learned a lot. The second year, I did NROL4W and several workouts from NROL. I also did my first bulk from Sept 2010-Fed 2011. I started a cut in Mar 2011 and that's still going strong.

Starting in April 2011, I did 6 weeks of HST and have recently decided to go back to NROL. On Friday, I start Fat Loss 2 from NROL, since KimPossible said I should do it with her. It's fun to have a buddy doing it so why not.

Before my bulk in 2010 I was 99 lbs. and still skinny fat. I bulked up to 109 am back down to 103 right now. I can only just barely see an outline of where abs should be, so I'm hoping to lose a couple more lbs. I know that puts my at a really low weight, but I would really like my bf to be just a little lower before starting another bulk in September.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

My bodybuilding journal:
    Squeaks' Journey to a hotter bod and other life stuff - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135424291

ProMera Sports SUMMER LOG PROMO: Con-Cret - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146257573 (complete)

squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    6/11

NROL Fat Loss 2 A

Front Squat - still trying to get the hang of these
    1x12 55lbs
    2x12 45lbs

WG seated row
    3x12 55 lbs

Supine hip ext w/leg curl
    3x12 - using both legs together

BB push press - right shoulder still doesn't feel good so these are kind of light
    1x12 3o lbs
    2x30 40 lbs

Dynamic lunge
    1x12 45lb bb
    2x12 30lb bb

Upper body russian twist
    2x12 4lb medicine ball
    1x12 6lb medicine ball

I'm aiming for about 1400-1500 cals per day right now. I aim for about 40% protein, 35% fat and 25% carbs, just because that's what makes my happy.
    "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My bodybuilding journal:
    Squeaks' Journey to a hotter bod and other life stuff - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135424291

ProMera Sports SUMMER LOG PROMO: Con-Cret - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146257573 (complete)

6/13

NROL Fat Loss 2B

60 second rests

Snatch Grip Deadlifts
    2x12 65 lbs
    1x12 70 lbs

Alternated with

T-push ups
    3x12 - My shoulder felt pretty good and I got them all done

DEADLIFT CHALLENGE

I'm really proud of myself...

8x135lbs - mixed grip w/chalk

Admittedly, the last 2 reps were sloppy. Hoping to get 10-12 clean ones by the end of the challenge. My previous max before today was 5x135.

Bulgarian Split Squat with OH press
    2x12 10lb dbs
    1x12 7.5 lb dbs

OMG these suck!

Alternated with

Underhand grip lat pulldown
    1x12 55lbs
    2x12 60 lbs

RDL with Bent row
    2x12 65 lbs
    1x12 55 lbs

These sucked because my grip was so shot from the DLs. I really had so much trouble holding this bar with a double overhand grip at this point. 55 lbs really wasn't enough for my hamstrings or my back, but my hands could not grip any more weight by this point. I think my forearms are going to be sore tomorrow.

Alternated with

Planks
    center on floor - 60 seconds - I was wiped out. I can usually get at least 2 minutes here.
    right side on floor - 60 seconds
    left side on floor - 60 seconds - these were hard. The left side is always so much harder than the right side.

I had wanted to do some HIIT, but I had nothing left to give. I was a quivering mass of jello at this point. I was all shaky and my muscles were all twitchy. I chugged my protein shake before I got out of the parking lot and felt much better.

I did an experiment today and moved my bowl of oatmeal from 7:30am to 3:45 pm (1 hour before my workout). I don't think I would've gotten through that workout if had moved those carbs.

My bodybuilding journal:

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    IN for the journal!

You did awesome on the deadlift challenge. I've got your first numbers down in my spreadsheet so lets see how you improve

Oh yeah, moving the carbs around and loading them up before and after the workouts has made a TON of difference in my workout quality. I shoot for my biggest carb meal after my workout in the afternoon so my breakfast is always carbless.

BSS/OHP SUCK CLUB!
    -KimP

Good to see you here Kim!

Okay, here's my rant for the day. All these women at work were talking about this new workout they're doing and how they're getting so "toned" and losing so much weight. I just had to ask what they're doing. It's this:

LMFAO!!! I told them they should try it while holding a 25lb plate over their head. Until then, I say bullsh!t, this is not a workout.

If I'm wrong, please enlighten me. LOL!

My bodybuilding journal:

6/15

NROL Fat Loss 2 A

DEADLIFT CHALLENGE

WU 6X85
    WU 5X115

working set: 9x135 - Increase of 1 rep! But it was super hard!!!

Front Squat - Getting better at these, but still can't move much weight.
    3x12 45lbs

WG seated row
    3x12 60 lbs (increase on all sets)

3x12 - using both legs together - this was super hard this time. I'm guessing it's because of the dead lifts first this time.

BB push press
    3x30 40 lbs (increase on the first set)

Dynamic lunge
    3x12 45lb bb (increase on sets 2 and 3)

Upper body russian twist
    3x12 8lb medicine ball (increase on all 3 sets, mostly because the Zumba people were blocking the other medicine balls and the 8lb one was already out, lol)

Once again, I was totally wiped out after this workout. I will be out of town, drinking lots of wine and eating lots of gourmet food, on Friday for my anniversary. That means to get 3 workouts in this week, I have to workout tomorrow. It's ok on NROL to do 2 workouts in a row, but I don't know if I can take 2 deadlift challenge days in a row. I may have to push my 3rd set to next week. I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow. My back it pretty tight and sore tonight.

I'm actually starting to think about getting a belt for deadlifting. Will it keep my back from rounding? Opinions?

Also, I got a really nice compliment at the gym today. A quiet, older guy came up to me after my workout and asked where I learned all my power moves. I told him books, videos, bber's online. He said it was really nice to see someone doing a solid workout with lots of compound moves. I had noticed him watching my during my DEADLIFT CHALLENGE, lol. He wasn't hitting on me or anything like that, it was just a really nice comment.

My bodybuilding journal:

UGH, I am worn out. It took me forever to get out of the house this morning. The kids were ready before I was. I am so sore and really happy I bought a foam roller last weekend. I wanted to bring it to work. I can see it now, people walking past my cubicle, wondering why I'm laying on the floor on top of a blue foam log..."move along people, nothing to see here". LOL

I am thinking it would be dumb to attempt round 3 of the deadlift challenge today. I think I'll be lucky just to get through my workout as it's written.

I can't wait for tomorrow. It will be a full day of wine tasting, gourmet food eating and quality time with my husband. Yay!

My bodybuilding journal:

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by squeaks77 View Post

I can't wait for tomorrow. It will be a full day of wine tasting, gourmet food eating and quality time with my husband. Yay!
    I am jealous! And of your deads! Nice work.

You are a "tiny" thing. Hard to figure how you weigh so little with a bunch of muscle. I weighed that in HS and was pretty darn muscle-less

I'm going to have to read up on bulking and cutting. I'm technically bulking with NROL4W, right? When and why would I cut?
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good to see you here Kim!

Okay, here's my rant for the day. All these women at work were talking about this new workout they're doing and how they're getting so "toned" and losing so much weight. I just had to ask what they're doing. It's this:

LMFAO!!! I told them they should try it while holding a 25lb plate over their head. Until then, I say bullsh!t, this is not a workout.

If I'm wrong, please enlighten me. LOL!
    Freaking amazing! 10 minutes a day! I am so tired of all this quick stuff. It doesn't work. Or it does for the short term. Fricking diet and exercise, people! My neighbors are using that HCG stuff and lost a bunch of weight but I bet I can kick both their butts. Hubz said something about Chipotle and they said "But their chicken has sugar in it...we don't eat sugar anymore.". I guess not when you can only eat 500 calories a day!

I wish I had been there for that convo.
    My Journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

Originally Posted by pharty View Post
    I am jealous! And of your deads! Nice work.

You are a "tiny" thing. Hard to figure how you weigh so little with a bunch of muscle. I weighed that in HS and was pretty darn muscle-less

I'm going to have to read up on bulking and cutting. I'm technically bulking with NROL4W, right? When and why would I cut?
    I really don't feel like I have a lot of muscle. I have more than I used to, but not a lot. I would still estimate my bf at 22-24% at least, maybe more. I'm still skinny fat. Having 2 kids and gaining a lot of weight with each really messed my body up (bedrest on pregnancy too).

If you're eating over maintenance calories and gaining weight while lifting heavy, you're bulking. If you're eating under maintenance calories and losing weight while still lifting as heavy as you can, you're cutting. If you're eating right about maintenance and lifting heavy, you're recomping, which is basically gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time (a slow process).

When you bulk, you gain both muscle and fat and you want to do it in such a way that you gain that muscle without gaining a huge overabundance of fat. When you cut, you will lose both muscle and fat, but you want to do it in such a way that you preserve as much muscle as you can while losing fat.

I pretty much recomped my first year of lifting. My first year was really learning about nutrition, learning the exercises and getting better form. My second year was spent putting what I'd learned so far to use and actually doing a real bulk (which is scary the first time). I'm just about done with this cut and nowhere near where I want to be. However, I have learned so much the past 2 years and I will put that knowledge to use this 3rd year and hopefully do better. That's what it's all about for me. Learning more and doing better each year.

My bodybuilding journal:

6/16

NROL Fat Loss 2B

60 second rests

Snatch Grip Deadlifts
    1x12 65 lbs
    2x12 70 lbs increase on 2nd set

Alternated with

T-push ups
    3x12 - My shoulder felt pretty good and I got them all done

Bulgarian Split Squat with OH press
    3x12 10lb dbs increase on 3rd set

Alternated with

3x12 60 lbs Increase on 1st set

RDL with Bent row
    3x12 65 lbs increase on 3rd set - My grip is shot by the time I get to this. I had to reset on the 3rd set a few times.

Plank
    center on floor - 90 seconds
    left - 60 seconds
    right - 60 seconds

I did not do my 3rd round of the Deadlift Challenge. I had to work late, so I had to get my workout done in under 40 minutes. I think it was a blessing though because I don't think it would've gone well since I'm still pretty worn out from deadlifting yesterday. I will do round 3 on Monday and will finish a bit late.

Off to drink wine and celebrate my 11th anniversary tomorrow!

My bodybuilding journal:

Good times this weekend. My husband and I spent all day yesterday and half of today in Temecula, CA enjoying tons of good wine and good eats. We tasted 3-5 wines at 5 wineries, had gourmet dinner and dessert last night, went to a fantastic bakery for breakfast, went to a new steakburger restaurant for lunch and and took the kids for frozen yogurt when we got home. We're probably having leftover pizza for dinner in a few. I haven't eaten more than 75 grams of carbs a day for a couple months (other than just a few cheats), so needless to say, I am way bloated and carrying some major water weight. Oh well, I'll be back on the wagon on Monday.

My bodybuilding journal:

Well if it isn't one thing, it's another. I've eaten an insane amount of calories for 3 days, which I did not track. I'm not sore and I'm all rested. All of this should equal an amazing workout tonight, but I burned my hands last night. I pulled a pan out of the oven with a wet dish towel and then had to clear a place to set the pan while it seared my fingers. The tip of the finger down to the first knuckle is one big huge blister on both index fingers and my right middle finger. Ugh, hurts so bad! I'm thinking I may do zercher squats instead of front squats tonight. Deadlifts may be impossible. I guess I'll just have to see how it feels tonight.

My bodybuilding journal:

Well if it isn't one thing, it's another. I've eaten an insane amount of calories for 3 days, which I did not track. I'm not sore and I'm all rested. All of this should equal an amazing workout tonight, but I burned my hands last night. I pulled a pan out of the oven with a wet dish towel and then had to clear a place to set the pan while it seared my fingers. The tip of the finger down to the first knuckle is one big huge blister on both index fingers and my right middle finger. Ugh, hurts so bad! I'm thinking I may do zercher squats instead of front squats tonight. Deadlifts may be impossible. I guess I'll just have to see how it feels tonight.
    Crap, lady! That sucks Healing thoughts coming your way.
    My Journal

6/20

DEADLIFT CHALLENGE ROUND 3

WU 8X65
    WU 5X95
    WU 1X145
    10X135

Increase of 1 more rep! Even did it with my blisters and they thankfully they didn't pop.n I got a blister under my right pinkie though, probably because I changed my grip to compensate for the ouchie fingers.

I decided to take a video of my working set. I am disappointed to see my butt so high in the air. I compared it to a video I took in January and I had much better form then.

NROL Fat Loss 2 A

Front Squat - I was actually able to do these. I must have had better form, since the bar stayed put and didn't hurt my fingers.

1x10 45lbs
    2x10 55lbs

alternated with:

WG seated row
    1x10 70 lbs
    2x10 65 lbs

1x12 -spaced out and did 2 extra ones
    2x10

alternated with:

BB push press
    3x10 45 lbs

Dynamic lunge
    3x10 50lb bb

alternated with:

Upper body russian twist
    3x10 10lb medicine ball Only wanted to do 8 lbs, but once again the Zumba people were blocking the other medicine balls and the 10lb one was already out. I must remember to gather my medicine balls early.

My bodybuilding journal:

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Checked out the vid - look at the muscles in your arms girly! Nice job! I can see that last one was difficult but you got through it and with good form. It's so important to really focus on keeping that core tight and the back straight for those last few.

I think your form looks great. You have the same "issue" that bosgirlin and I have, we have long arms so your starting position puts your back at parallel with the ground instead of on a 45 degree angle. I have been working to push my butt farther down for the start and use my quads and hams to really power that bar up. This is where I like how Alwyn does deadlifts on a box, it really helps those of us with long arms to get our butts down.

Very nice work though, you're doing great with the challenge, burnt finger and all

Oh and on those T-pushups, I can never understand why he always starts the programs out doing reps of 12 and then finishes with reps of 8. Doesnt' it seem like it should be the other way around? I guess for those the goal is to be able to do the variation with DBs in hand... same goes for crunches, doesn't it seem like your reps should get higher as you go? I never understood that. Maybe I'll try to email Lou... lol!
    -KimP

Originally Posted by KimPossible98 View Post
    Checked out the vid - look at the muscles in your arms girly! Nice job! I can see that last one was difficult but you got through it and with good form. It's so important to really focus on keeping that core tight and the back straight for those last few.

I think your form looks great. You have the same "issue" that bosgirlin and I have, we have long arms so your starting position puts your back at parallel with the ground instead of on a 45 degree angle. I have been working to push my butt farther down for the start and use my quads and hams to really power that bar up. This is where I like how Alwyn does deadlifts on a box, it really helps those of us with long arms to get our butts down.

Very nice work though, you're doing great with the challenge, burnt finger and all

Oh and on those T-pushups, I can never understand why he always starts the programs out doing reps of 12 and then finishes with reps of 8. Doesnt' it seem like it should be the other way around? I guess for those the goal is to be able to do the variation with DBs in hand... same goes for crunches, doesn't it seem like your reps should get higher as you go? I never understood that. Maybe I'll try to email Lou... lol!
    I really enjoy seeing, uh, others put their form up because it's really making me feel better about mine:-) It's kinda hard to get an idea of what "not power lifters" look like doing it, ya know? So thanks!

I wondered the same about push-ups in NROL4W. I figured it was for those that are doing the variations and not big girl push-ups. I almost welcome the break because I hate the step-ups that follow!

Nice work, squeaks!
    My Journal

Thanks for compliments on my video. I'm only 5'1", so I'm sure I can get lower, I just need to concentrate on it. It's amazing though because my old videos from January were near the end of my bulk when I was strongest and my heaviest lift was 135x1. I can't wait to see where my DL goes on my next bulk. I suck at squats and bench though. Those just never seem to get any better.

As far as reps getting lower, I always try to come up with a more difficult variation. If you search around online, you can usually find one.

T-push ups = use db's (I was using weights last time I did these, but my shoulder has been funky so it's all I can do to do them normally. As the reps lower I'm just going to focus on going lower and keeping my arms in closer)
    crunches/twists = use more weight
    prone jackknife = pike
    supine hip ext = add leg curl = do leg curl and use only one leg at a time.

My bodybuilding journal:

prone jackknife = pike
    Pretty sure I'd end up on my face. But now I'm going to practice at home. Forgot I have a ball because the small people have taken it over
    My Journal

Oooh a hip extension with one legged leg curl - this is a great idea. Totally brutal, but great!
    -KimP

Originally Posted by KimPossible98 View Post
    Oooh a hip extension with one legged leg curl - this is a great idea. Totally brutal, but great!
    I used to do pilates years ago and this was one of my favorite moves. You can get some wicked hamstring cramps though, so you need to be careful.

My bodybuilding journal:

6/22

NROL Fat Loss 2B

45 second rests

Snatch Grip Deadlifts
    1x10 65 lbs
    1x10 75 lbs

Decided to do my deadlift challenge set after the first 2 sets of snatch grip DLs in my regular workout. That apparently didn't work out very well because I couldn't increase my reps. I was still really sore from Monday too.

DL challenge round 4 results: 135x10 (no increase)

I totally forgot I was supposed to alternate with T-push ups, so the workout gets weird after this. I ended up adding them to the next set of exercises, so I was alternating 3 exercises.

I did a circuit of BSS w/OH press, Underhand grip lat pulldowns then the T-push ups

Bulgarian Split Squat with OH press- these sucked, I kept losing my balance
    2x10 12.5lb dbs
    1x10 10 dbs

3x10 70 lbs

RDL with Bent row - I hate these. They never feel good and my grip is so weak by this point.
    3x10 70 lbs

Plank
    center on floor - 90 seconds
    left - 70 seconds (10s increase)
    right - 70 seconds (10s increase)

So, I hate the Fat Loss workouts in NROL. I hate higher rep workouts. I really enjoy the Hypertrophy programs. I think I know why. There are 3 workouts a week and one is a high rep, one is medium rep and one is low rep. The only thing that gets me through those high rep workouts is knowing that I only have to do it once that week. I hate it when my muscles are burning, I'm dizzy and feeling like I'm about to puke - every single workout. I don't care for the exercises in this one either. They all feel awkward, so I never feel like I'm really making progress.

/rant

My bodybuilding journal:

Tonight is round 5 of the DL challenge for me. I was just perusing Kim's journal and realized I'm the only one who hasn't doubled their reps. With only 2 more workouts to go, that might not happen. However, I am in a positive mood today and I'm already telling myself right now at 7:30am that I will get 13 reps tonight (would be an increase of 3). I made sure to have a slightly higher percentage of carbs in my diet today, so maybe that will help. My darn blister really hurts today though. I guess I'll just put several band aids on it and hope for the best.

On another note, want to know what's a good forearm workout? Sifting a ton of flour with the cup-style sifter where you squeeze the handle. That used to be really hard for me if I had a ton of flour to do (like 10 cups worth), but it wasn't too bad last night. However, my forearms are a bit sore today.

My bodybuilding journal:

AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tonight is round 5 of the DL challenge for me. I was just perusing Kim's journal and realized I'm the only one who hasn't doubled their reps. With only 2 more workouts to go, that might not happen. However, I am in a positive mood today and I'm already telling myself right now at 7:30am that I will get 13 reps tonight (would be an increase of 3). I made sure to have a slightly higher percentage of carbs in my diet today, so maybe that will help. My darn blister really hurts today though. I guess I'll just put several band aids on it and hope for the best.

On another note, want to know what's a good forearm workout? Sifting a ton of flour with the cup-style sifter where you squeeze the handle. That used to be really hard for me if I had a ton of flour to do (like 10 cups worth), but it wasn't too bad last night. However, my forearms are a bit sore today.
    I'm only up to 12 reps.

What were you making with 10 cups of flour?

Originally Posted by AprilShowers13 View Post
    I'm only up to 12 reps.

What were you making with 10 cups of flour?
    Lots of cakes. I make/decorate cakes on the side, as a hobby and I'm making a cake for my neice's 1st birthday this weekend. It's going to be the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, with an additional princess smash cake. I'll have to post some pics here when I'm done.

My bodybuilding journal:

AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lots of cakes. I make/decorate cakes on the side, as a hobby and I'm making a cake for my neice's 1st birthday this weekend. It's going to be the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, with an additional princess smash cake. I'll have to post some pics here when I'm done.
    You should definately take pics. My sister makes cakes too. She even competed in contests in high shool.

6/24

I told myself all day that I was going to rock my workout tonight and I did! I increased on everything.

DEADLIFT CHALLENGE ROUND 5

WU 6X95
    WU 5X95
    12X135

Increase of 2 more reps! I wanted 13, but just couldn't get that last one. I am happy though!

NROL Fat Loss 2 A

Front Squat - Vids!

2x10 55lbs
    1x10 50lbs

Anyone know what the % of weight you can usually do with these compared to back squats? I can only do 55x10, but if I had to do 10 reps of back squats, I'd probably only use 80 or 85 lbs. Is that about right? I just never seem to increase on my squats.

This is the first set, 55lbs. It actually looks better than I thought it would. I was trying so hard to keep good form though. My lower back seems to tire out fast with these, but I wonder if that because of all those DL first.

2nd set with 55lbs, a different view.

alternated with:

WG seated row
    3x10 70 lbs (increased on sets 2 and 3)

2x10
    1x10 - did 5 single leg ones with each leg

alternated with:

BB push press
    3x10 50 lbs (increased all sets)

Dynamic lunge
    3x10 55b bb (increased all sets)

alternated with:

Upper body russian twist
    3x10 10lb medicine ball

OMG, I almost forgot to add that I did HIIT!!! I pretty much never do it due to time constraints or no energy. I decided I was going to kick my ass today, so I did.

14 minutes HIIT on treadmill:

1m 3.5
    1m 4.0
    1m 7.0
    2m 4.0
    1m 7.5
    2m 4.0
    1m 8.0
    2m 4.0
    1m 8.5
    1m 3.5
    1m 3.0
    Last edited by squeaks77; 06-24-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: add HIIT

My bodybuilding journal:

Look at all the increases you posted! Nice work!

Your form on the front squats along with the vid you posted of the deads is excellent! You don't have the issues I do with rounding of the lower back. You back stays perfectly straight even as you go past parallel.

I'm amazed how you can use that grip, when I try that grip my writst kill me so I have to do the cross grip where I fold my arms in front of me.

The one thing that was pointed out to me though and that really helped me on the front squats is that you need to look up, not at yourself in the mirror. It shifts your center of gravity back just a little bit and makes these easier. So try to remember to look at the ceiling.

Also I was told that the bar should feel like it's choking you. This worked for me as well, I hold it really tight up against my throat, just another something odd to get used too.

How much are you eating? You say you don't have energy left for you HIIT sessions. I don't really think this is a bad thing in your case since you don't look to have much fat to lose to begin with, you should probably just focus on lifting as much as you can and wearing yourself out that way.

And as far as what you should be able to lift in these as opposed to back squats I don't think there is any reall general rule. I know Bos girl can lift more in front squats than she can in back squats. I can lift slightly more in back squats than front squats although I have not training back squats in months. Still others can back squat 185 and only front squat 95. So there's no rule except to keep doing better
    -KimP

6/24

DEADLIFT CHALLENGE ROUND 5

WU 6X95
    WU 5X95
    12X135

Increase of 2 more reps! I wanted 13, but just couldn't get that last one. I am happy though!

Anyone know what the % of weight you can usually do with these compared to back squats? I can only do 55x10, but if I had to do 10 reps of back squats, I'd probably only use 80 or 85 lbs. Is that about right? I just never seem to increase on my squats.
    Nice deads! You warm-up with more than I lift...lol. I'm trying to figure out what weight I should start with for the front squat/push press. I think that's my biggest fear with moving on to the next stage of NROL4W....having to figure all that out. The trainer did a great job of choosing my weights for my first workouts.
    My Journal

Originally Posted by pharty View Post
    Nice deads! You warm-up with more than I lift...lol. I'm trying to figure out what weight I should start with for the front squat/push press. I think that's my biggest fear with moving on to the next stage of NROL4W....having to figure all that out. The trainer did a great job of choosing my weights for my first workouts.
    I'd say to start with bar only (45 lbs), that's what I did. In fact, I don't think I ever added more than 10 lbs to the bar any time I did those because they were just so awkward. You are basically limited to doing as much as you can do a bb push press with (which is a little more than you can OH shoulder press because you're using momentum to get it up).

My bodybuilding journal: