Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by koyongi View Post
    A quick look at your log says that you started Madcows on April 25th. So at best, you've been on it 7 weeks. It also indicates that by week 4, you had increased your 5rm on all of your lifts. How is this a failure?

You're also very quick to assume that if there is a failure, it's the program. Also as evidenced by your log, you're working long days this summer. I'm guessing that your rest and nutrition are less than optimal. That means your recovery is less than optimal. Are you sleeping 8+ hours a night? Are you eating at a calorie excess? Did you gain any weight during your five weeks on the program? If you answered "no" to any of these questions, this could be an indication of the problem.

It seems kind of presumptuous to take a max you did while (I'm assuming) you were in school, not working full-time, and probably deloaded and try to compare them to maxes you did after five weeks of a relatively high-volume program, with no deload, while working full-time, and then assume that "the program didn't work". Nine times out of ten, if the program didn't work, it's user error, not the program.

Also consider that if you have reached a point in your training to where your numbers are "too good" to make progress on a program such as 5x5, that you're not going to make fast progress anymore, no matter what program you do. A 10-pound gain on any raw lift in 5 weeks is pretty outstanding once you're past the point of noob gains. If you could keep that pace up permanently, your total would be going up hundreds of pounds a year. It just doesn't happen.

Now, I'm not going to take a hard-line stance and say "GO BACK ON 5x5". But, before you embark on something new, take a good hard look at the past few months of your training, nutrition, rest, work, and lifestyle in general. Chances are good that if you're honest with yourself, you'll find the real problem.
    Well I appreciate the response. You are the only one that actually makes any sense. Everyone else just rambles on about how much of an idiot I really am. You are correct on how I am working now, and I don't during the school year (however I will be this year). And I do wake up at 5:30 am this summer, so not as much sleep. Also, I have lost 8 pounds, which is weird, but I did. So this does make a lot of sense. You may have made a good point. I have about 7 weeks to figure out what I am going to do next though because I need to wait until after the comp. Thank you.
    PR's: 365 | 280 | 500 = 1145 lbs

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161814243&p=1242966893#post1242966893

andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) andom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jdyqf View Post
    Well I appreciate the response. You are the only one that actually makes any sense. Everyone else just rambles on about how much of an idiot I really am. You are correct on how I am working now, and I don't during the school year (however I will be this year). And I do wake up at 5:30 am this summer, so not as much sleep. Also, I have lost 8 pounds, which is weird, but I did. So this does make a lot of sense. You may have made a good point. I have about 7 weeks to figure out what I am going to do next though because I need to wait until after the comp. Thank you.
    Losing 8 lbs shouldn't be something that goes unnoticed, it points poignantly to the fact that your diet is probably out of whack. I wake up at 5:00am and do manual labor for 8 hours, but I make sure to eat six times a day. I've lost a few lbs, but nothing substantial. Maybe around 5 lbs in the past 5 weeks, but that was planned weight loss.

If your body weight is going down, your numbers sure as hell aren't going to be going up. Look into your diet and caloric intake, therein might lie the problem.
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender.

SQ:455
    BP:265
    DL:545

jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by andom View Post
    Losing 8 lbs shouldn't be something that goes unnoticed, it points poignantly to the fact that your diet is probably out of whack. I wake up at 5:00am and do manual labor for 8 hours, but I make sure to eat six times a day. I've lost a few lbs, but nothing substantial. Maybe around 5 lbs in the past 5 weeks, but that was planned weight loss.

If your body weight is going down, your numbers sure as hell aren't going to be going up. Look into your diet and caloric intake, therein might lie the problem.
    I can guarantee you that that is the problem. I eat horribly. I cannot eat good while at home EVER. I need to learn but never can. Only while at school can I
    PR's: 365 | 280 | 500 = 1145 lbs

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161814243&p=1242966893#post1242966893

Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jam177 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jdyqf View Post
    I figure there might be many people looking for this, or if not, well here it is anyways. I used it, however, did not get the results I was looking for. Might not have focused well enough, but I think I just respond to different programs and also not squatting 3x a week. I might try it again, and switch up the lifts a little. But here it is.
    The eight increase for madcows program for me is 2 after the first week and another 3 pounds the second week but my gym does not have those plates. The lowest my gym has are 1.25kg. The weights in order : 1.25k, 2.5kg, 5kg, 10kg, 15kg and 20kg. What should I do or should I just follow canditos intermediate program?

The rep scheme I prefer madcows one.

amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Jam177 View Post
    The eight increase for madcows program for me is 2 after the first week and another 3 pounds the second week but my gym does not have those plates. The lowest my gym has are 1.25kg. The weights in order : 1.25k, 2.5kg, 5kg, 10kg, 15kg and 20kg. What should I do or should I just follow canditos intermediate program?

The rep scheme I prefer madcows one.
    Dude, I just stayed up an extra 20 minutes losing sleep to read this old ass thread from 2011, all because you bumped it. I hope you feel bad about yourself. My gainz are going to suffer now. And tomorrow is deadlifting day. Brodin has a special place in hell for people like you.
    powerlifting meet PRs at 175lbs:
    Squat 405
    Bench 325
    Deadlift 510

ryox82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by amenhotepv View Post
    Dude, I just stayed up an extra 20 minutes losing sleep to read this old ass thread from 2011, all because you bumped it. I hope you feel bad about yourself. My gainz are going to suffer now. And tomorrow is deadlifting day. Brodin has a special place in hell for people like you.
    LOL! I read through the whole damn thing too, while asking myself how I clicked on such an old thread once I saw the dates. Was entertaining to see though.