ShaShaaaax3 is not very helpful. (-500) ShaShaaaax3 is not very helpful. (-500) ShaShaaaax3 is not very helpful. (-500) ShaShaaaax3 is not very helpful. (-500) ShaShaaaax3 is not very helpful. (-500) ShaShaaaax3 is not very helpful. (-500) ShaShaaaax3 is not very helpful. (-500) ShaShaaaax3 is not very helpful. (-500) ShaShaaaax3 is not very helpful. (-500) ShaShaaaax3 is not very helpful. (-500) ShaShaaaax3 is not very helpful. (-500)

Question I'm a 15 year old girl and I want to start body building

I have no idea where to even begin it all confuses me so much lol

I want to be perfect for college and I'm going into junior year so I have 2 years to get a perfect toned body

I'm 5'3 1/2 and around 115-118 pounds (my scale is a little off so I'm not really sure)

I'm not fat but I have some fat on my tummy and arms my stomach is somewhat hard but there's a little layer of fat over the abs but you can feel them
    I want to start now so I know I'll be perfect for college

I eat healthy my meals usually consist of
    Breakfast: Plain greek yogurt with agave nectar or 1 egg with lowfat cheddar cheese and on saturdays I always have 2 whole wheat pancakes with chocolate chips and a banana
    Snack: Granola bar usually Kashi or Luna or an apple
    Lunch: 100% whole wheat bread with all natural peanut butter and sugar free jelly, honey smoked turkey or honey smoked ham or whole wheat flatbread with grilled chicken and lettuce and a sugar and carb contol yogurt
    Snack: Berries or trail mix or fro yo with fruit
    Dinner: usually meat and a complex carb and a vegetable, or a grilled chicken salad or a chicken burger on a whole wheat flat bun or tuna fish and crackers
    Snack: Greek yogurt and some fruit or a granola bar

I try really hard not to eat junk and eat mostly organic but sometimes I eat unhealthy like burgers and pizza and ice cream but that's only once every few months

What can I change?

I do cardio kickboxing 3-4 times a week but I don't really feel like it's doing anything for me.. I'm thinking about joining a gym and doing both of them this summer
    What's a good routine for the gym? I was thinking of the routine for teen girls on this website (it won't let me post a link)
    should I take supplements?

any other suggestions? I really want to look great for next summer and AMAZING for college so ANY advice you have would help me TONS

thank you so much

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Boy you've posted this question all over. Next time, try to aim for a single thread on a question (unless you've really asked in the wrong section).

Not too many women here will probably feel comfortable telling a 15 year old how to go about building and dieting, because it's a whole lot more stress than most growing bodies need. At this stage, you want to focus on eating enough food and making healthy, fun, activity a part of your life. It's hard to judge your diet without knowing the numbers (either very specific portion sizes or calorie/protein/fat details), but I'd guess you're trying to avoid fats a little, which is not necessary at your age and size. Fats are very, very important in your diet for a growing, hormonally changing, body. Don't eat low fat; your body will be grateful for you for feeding it right later. I suggest you start reading around the female nutrition section above; there is a lot of great information and a lot of girls/young women have some misinformation in their heads about how low cal/low fat/low carb diets are the answer - for most people, they're not.

Now for the fitness side. If you don't enjoy the kickboxing, no reason to keep it up. At your age, you want these activities to be things that you enjoy (if you can enjoy them with friends, all the better). Don't focus on activities just for the sake of doing cardio - if you play a sport and end up getting cardio, great, but don't just make yourself do cardio because you think you need it.

Now, body building is totally different beast that just being fit. I am not going to recommend any body building programs for someone your age, but other women here might feel differently. If you'll enjoy your time at the gym, have parents/siblings/friends you want to go with, then it could be a great time to introduce yourself to weights, but I wouldn't recommend getting too serious about it (if you get to the point where you feel you can't skip a workout for any reason, you've gotten too serious about it).

At your age, this should all be very fun. Overtraining and undereating while you're still growing is a bad idea. Do lots of reading here, ask questions, and have fun. Make smart and healthy decisions for yourself.
    Niece: "How can you be immune to cars? Even like, a Ferrari?"

My 'From Scrawny to Oh God Please Not So Scrawny' journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=691717541