jasonralston is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonralston is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonralston is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonralston is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonralston is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonralston is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonralston is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonralston is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonralston is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonralston is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasonralston is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What to do on "Off Days" (bulking)

The way I think is.

There's 7 days to a week. If I'm only training 5 days a week, that's two days I could be doing something to help my figure. So what are you guys doing on your off days?..I'm talking to the guys that are currently bulking.

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jasonralston View Post
    The way I think is.

There's 7 days to a week. If I'm only training 5 days a week, that's two days I could be doing something to help my figure. So what are you guys doing on your off days?..I'm talking to the guys that are currently bulking.
    at your age i partied my balls off and ate a lot. at my current age, i play with my kids and eat a lot.

it's an off day....
    i'm hungry

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    On my 2 weekly "off" days, I do cardio on one day and take the 2nd off day compeltely and 100% off. You grow outside of the gym.

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Never stand when you can sit. Never sit when you can lay down.

On off days during a bulk, I recommend eating something and relaxing. Given the fact that you probably have an actual life to live, you could just go about your daily business like the rest of the world and remain calm -- safe in the knowledge that you are getting bigger and stronger than everybody else around you. Get a good night's sleep, then hit the gym hard the next day. Rinse and repeat.

provesomething has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) provesomething has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) provesomething has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) provesomething has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) provesomething has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) provesomething has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) provesomething has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) provesomething has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) provesomething has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) provesomething has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lift

terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KeithTheSnake View Post
    Never stand when you can sit. Never sit when you can lay down.

On off days during a bulk, I recommend eating something and relaxing. Given the fact that you probably have an actual life to live, you could just go about your daily business like the rest of the world and remain calm -- safe in the knowledge that you are getting bigger and stronger than everybody else around you. Get a good night's sleep, then hit the gym hard the next day. Rinse and repeat.
    ^this. It usually holds true that when you first start out one of the most overlooked aspects of working out regurally is giving yourself a chance to rest and recover. I have been there and done that.

Trust me when I say this, I just turned 35 this May 9th and have been working out since I have been 17 in high school and playing football, so with almost 20 years of weight training under my belt I will say that time off used wisely is just as important as time used wisely inside the gym.

You need time to recover and those days should be used to relax and do things that you may normally not have time to do under normal circumstances.

Master of The Universe laneanders's Avatar
    laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000) laneanders is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jasonralston View Post
    The way I think is.

Use those 2 days off to make sure you are growing. You do your growing outside of the gym, so give it the fuel it needs to build a better body. Eat a lot, have fun, live life. That's what my weekends are for.

Do get plenty of rest though during your day's off. You do basically all of your growing while you are asleep.

THE HEAVY IRON SQUAD,CUZZ ygbodybuilder10's Avatar
    ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    On my off days i do everything i usually do, except no working out

NC_RudeBoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NC_RudeBoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NC_RudeBoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NC_RudeBoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NC_RudeBoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NC_RudeBoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NC_RudeBoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NC_RudeBoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NC_RudeBoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NC_RudeBoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NC_RudeBoi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    focus on your diet, relax and read and break down your previous week w/o and the w/o coming up
    *TARHEELS*

-USAF-

★cVc★

***MISC Strength Crew***

**DIRTY SOUTH CREW**