jaws1174 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout Routine....Input please

Hi. Right now (due to injuries) in switching my workout routine. I used to do fullbody workout 3-4times a week. Now im just working Arms, shoulders and chest for the next 6 months...

Im currently doing about 35-40 sets for each of these groups per week (about 10 reps per set) Im kinda wondering if you all think that im doing too many sets? If so, what should i cut it down to?
    Im used to doing ALOT of sets because of my past routine...
    Im just looking to shed a little fat, look good at the beach and gain a little lean muscle in the process

Any input is appreciated please....

Anybody????

Ripebear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripebear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripebear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripebear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripebear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripebear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripebear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripebear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripebear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripebear is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ripebear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    35-40 sets is way too much. Why don't you work back?

vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What kind of injury do you have?
    Last edited by vamusclebuilder; 06-09-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: spelling
    When you're in the gym train your body, not your ego.
    U.S. Army Veteran Crew
    Boujee Crew
    Investor Crew

giving my body a reason DominationStation's Avatar
    DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by vamusclebuilder View Post
    one that doesn't exist, obviously. like the other 75% of people posting on this forum who happen to have injuries that don't allow them to train non-glory muscles.
    Today I'll do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Originally Posted by DominationStation View Post
    one that doesn't exist, obviously. like the other 75% of people posting on this forum who happen to have injuries that don't allow them to train non-glory muscles.
    Dumb f@ck...

Originally Posted by vamusclebuilder View Post
    I have chronic lower back pains and i dont want to further injure it because then i wont have to worry about my workout regimine, i'll be on the dl...

What do you think of the routine?

Originally Posted by Ripebear View Post
    35-40 sets is way too much. Why don't you work back?
    I cant because of lower back injuries......

How many sets would you say (on the high end)? Thank you

Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jaws1174 View Post
    Hi. Right now (due to injuries) in switching my workout routine. I used to do fullbody workout 3-4times a week. Now im just working Arms, shoulders and chest for the next 6 months...

Don't you think that a stronger muscle would be better and less prone to injury ?? I see no reason whatsoever to not work your legs unless you're in a wheelchair. And even if there was such a reason, working arms, chest and shoulders without at least working your back will lead to horrible imbalances.
    It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife ?? Thats not ironic thats just f*cking stupid ! What do you need this knife for ?? To stab the bastard who keeps leaving spoons all over your house ??

Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ernie623 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I cant because of lower back injuries......

How many sets would you say (on the high end)? Thank you
    lower back injury ??

why are you neglecting your upper back then ?? at the absolute very least you should be tossing in a set of pull ups for every set of chest work you do.
    It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife ?? Thats not ironic thats just f*cking stupid ! What do you need this knife for ?? To stab the bastard who keeps leaving spoons all over your house ??

Originally Posted by Ernie623 View Post
    Don't you think that a stronger muscle would be better and less prone to injury ?? I see no reason whatsoever to not work your legs unless you're in a wheelchair. And even if there was such a reason, working arms, chest and shoulders without at least working your back will lead to horrible imbalances.
    OK thanks......working my back is pretty much OUT at this point....legs i could do but im changing up my routine right now. The workout i would be doing (arms, shoulders, chest) would be over the next 6 months only. Also, i run 3 times a week to keep my legs active and fit. Thanks

OK thanks......working my back is pretty much OUT at this point....legs i could do but im changing up my routine right now. The workout i would be doing (arms, shoulders, chest) would be over the next 6 months only. Also, i run 3 times a week to keep my legs active and fit. Thanks
    Ok, i can definetly do some pull-ups. Thanks for the advice....

vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vamusclebuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    . Also, i run 3 times a week to keep my legs active and fit. Thanks
    So, from what I understand you dont have a lower back injury, you just have lower back pain? If so, then that may be a result of weak hamstrings and/or weak lower back. If you're running 3 times a week and can deal with the pain, then i'm assuming it can be THAT bad. The back pain could be from not stretching too.
    When you're in the gym train your body, not your ego.
    U.S. Army Veteran Crew
    Boujee Crew
    Investor Crew

DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Brb completely neglecting the weakest (and most important) part of my body so that it continues getting comparatively weaker and therefore hurts me more in the long run.

Good logic bro. Don't try to fix the problem; just ignore it. Smart.

Brb completely neglecting the weakest (and most important) part of my body so that it continues getting comparatively weaker and therefore hurts me more in the long run.

Good logic bro. Don't try to fix the problem; just ignore it. Smart.
    Im not ignoring it....thats why i came here for ADVICE, not sarchastic remarks.
    I run (jog) 3 times a week but it doesnt really effect my back. When i lift with my back, i have terrible pain and dont want to make it any worse so im giving it a break for a few months....I dont wanna risk making it worse because then i wont be making it to the gym at all. Thanks

Im not ignoring it....thats why i came here for ADVICE, not sarchastic remarks.
    I run (jog) 3 times a week but it doesnt really effect my back. When i lift with my back, i have terrible pain and dont want to make it any worse so im giving it a break for a few months....I dont wanna risk making it worse because then i wont be making it to the gym at all. Thanks
    Okay, well my advice then is to experiment light with compounds that work your back (Deadlifts, Squats, Power Cleans) and see if they help. Farley1324 is a prime example...he's Squatted 405 before and has Power Cleaned 225 for a series of singles, all with a herniated/slipped disk in his back (I think that's what it is). He can't Deadlift, but the point is, you need to find what works for you.

I have some bad back pain sometimes, and during those times, I'm the opposite: Deadlifts are tough but make my back feel better in the long run, while Squats slow down recovery. You just have to find what works for you. And start light.

Okay, well my advice then is to experiment light with compounds that work your back (Deadlifts, Squats, Power Cleans) and see if they help. Farley1324 is a prime example...he's Squatted 405 before and has Power Cleaned 225 for a series of singles, all with a herniated/slipped disk in his back (I think that's what it is). He can't Deadlift, but the point is, you need to find what works for you.

I have some bad back pain sometimes, and during those times, I'm the opposite: Deadlifts are tough but make my back feel better in the long run, while Squats slow down recovery. You just have to find what works for you. And start light.
    Ok thanks.....i'll give that a shot....thanks again

thelonely1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thelonely1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thelonely1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thelonely1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thelonely1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thelonely1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thelonely1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thelonely1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thelonely1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thelonely1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thelonely1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Here's the deal

Ok, IF you have an injury then you will want to RICE. rest, ice, compress, elevate. This could be caused from acute injury resulting in soft tissue damage.
    If you have chronic lower back this could be due to a number of problems. One of the most common I see is tight/shortened hip flexors; the psoas and iliacus.
    You can do a quick google search to find appropriate stretches.
    Rest assured, lower back is the most common chronic pain complaint doctors get. Few of those cases are from actual injury. Typically the source of pain will be unknown and go away in its own. In most cases it is from simple neglect or poor exercise or lifting technique.
    My advice, is ALWAYS, ALWAYS do your crunches with a rounded back, NEVER flat or arched. This is because of the way the psoas connects to the spine.
    Also, stretch regularly. Hip flexors, glutes and hamstrings especially.
    Good luck to you, but rest assured not training or training around it and ignoring it will only exacerbate the situation.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Im currently doing about 35-40 sets for each of these groups per week (about 10 reps per set) Im kinda wondering if you all think that im doing too many sets? If so, what should i cut it down to?
    Im used to doing ALOT of sets because of my past routine...
    Im just looking to shed a little fat, look good at the beach and gain a little lean muscle in the process

Any input is appreciated please....

*sigh*

Originally Posted by thelonely1 View Post
    Ok, IF you have an injury then you will want to RICE. rest, ice, compress, elevate. This could be caused from acute injury resulting in soft tissue damage.
    If you have chronic lower back this could be due to a number of problems. One of the most common I see is tight/shortened hip flexors; the psoas and iliacus.
    You can do a quick google search to find appropriate stretches.
    Rest assured, lower back is the most common chronic pain complaint doctors get. Few of those cases are from actual injury. Typically the source of pain will be unknown and go away in its own. In most cases it is from simple neglect or poor exercise or lifting technique.
    My advice, is ALWAYS, ALWAYS do your crunches with a rounded back, NEVER flat or arched. This is because of the way the psoas connects to the spine.
    Also, stretch regularly. Hip flexors, glutes and hamstrings especially.
    Good luck to you, but rest assured not training or training around it and ignoring it will only exacerbate the situation.
    Thanks!!!!!

Originally Posted by farley1324 View Post
    *sigh*
    yaaaaaaaawwwn