Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Supplements for Tendonitis

I've have had an injured shoulder for about 4 months. Its getting better with lots of rest, ice, and heat, but I finally went to the ortho. He said that I have supraspinatus tendonitis.

Early on in the injury I tried some Move Free Glucosamine, and I also tried USP Labs SuperCissus Rx. I'm currently daily taking fish oil, and optimen multi. I really wasn't impressed with the Glucosasmine or the Cissus. Was one bottle not long enough to know? Or is there something better out there? Or are supplements a waste of money on this type of injury?

Thanks

Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have Jumper's Knee, no supplements work for it on me.

ClearCURVE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    as you may know already
    Tendonitis is a inflammation of the tendons--muscle-to-bone connectors. A person can have tendonitis in any number of joints, but it is most common in the rotator cuff (shoulder), elbows and knees. There are certain supplements that people can take to heal tendonitis. Some of them are vitamins and minerals. Others have been specifically developed in recent years to treat tendonitis and arthritis for the aging population.

Considerations
    Some people believe that an overgrowth of candida albicans can cause chronic joint pain, including tendonitis. This fungus lives naturally in the body, but an overuse of antibiotics, corticosteroids, poor diet and stress can spur its growth. If left untreated, fungal toxins can enter the cells and organs and cause inflammation. People who have tendonitis from this condition may need to use yeast-killing supplements such as garlic, virgin coconut oil, Paul d'Arco tea (an herb) and cayenne pepper. Probiotics or "friendly" bacteria can replenish a natural bacteria. The extra bacteria can help fight candida overgrowth and ultimately heal a tendinitis flare-up.

Types of Vitamin and Mineral Supplements
    Antioxidants such as vitamin A and C have anti-inflammatory properties for healing tendonitis. Both vitamins help rid the body of unhealthy cells containing fungus, parasites and toxins, which can cause inflammation. Vitamin C is known to stimulate collagen, a protein, which supports tissues and joints. Bioflavonoids, sometimes called vitamin P, help the body absorb vitamin C and can be used in conjunction with this vitamin in healing tendonitis. Vitamin B12 injections are sometimes given to people with tendonitis for reducing inflammation, alleviating pain, and healing. Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxant. This mineral can be used for reducing inflammation and can foster the healing process of tendonitis in the knee, shoulder or elbow.

Other Types of Supplements
    Glucosamine is a supplement that can reduce inflammation in tendons such as the rotator cuff. This enables the tendons more freedom of movement between joint bones. Chondroitin is often used with Glucosamine in supplements for both tendonitis and arthritis. St. John's Wort, an herb, is effective in calming nerves associated with tendonitis pain. Bromelain is an enzyme supplement that can reduce swelling in joints and foster the healing process of tendonitis. And certain fatty acids like GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) from evening primrose oil can provide lubrication to the synovial fluids
    Time Frame

There is no time frame for taking supplements to heal tendonitis. The important thing is to stay on the supplement and get it flowing in the blood stream consistently. There is a greater chance of getting over tendonitis faster if a combination of supplements is used

tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was thinking that a combo pack might be the way to go... Animal Flex or Osteo-Sport. They have such a wide variety of ingredients, that one of them are bound to help. When I tried SuperCissus, one of the first things I thought was "that is only one ingedient, and if it doesn't help I'm wasting my time"

Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000) Spencelynn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tylan View Post
    I was thinking that a combo pack might be the way to go... Animal Flex or Osteo-Sport. They have such a wide variety of ingredients, that one of them are bound to help. When I tried SuperCissus, one of the first things I thought was "that is only one ingedient, and if it doesn't help I'm wasting my time"
    A lot of the same ingredients in both. Animal Flex is cheaper for more servings and Universal makes great products. I'd go with Animal Flex. Hope it works for you. Tendonitis is a bitch.

ClearCURVE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ahh yes i should have told you first i have tendonitis in my wrists i take animal flex and i see a difference when i workout( a big difference)

FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    fish oil, glucosamine and vitamin d helped for me
    {:DSC:}

Yellow teeth? - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148412423

I'm wondering if I tried these supps so early in the beginning of theinjury that it was hard to tell. I know that I'm much better than I was before, I have for sure healed over the last 4 months.

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cissus + joint force

LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've have had an injured shoulder for about 4 months. Its getting better with lots of rest, ice, and heat, but I finally went to the ortho. He said that I have supraspinatus tendonitis.

Early on in the injury I tried some Move Free Glucosamine, and I also tried USP Labs SuperCissus Rx. I'm currently daily taking fish oil, and optimen multi. I really wasn't impressed with the Glucosasmine or the Cissus. Was one bottle not long enough to know? Or is there something better out there? Or are supplements a waste of money on this type of injury?

Thanks
    I am in the same boat as you right now , for about 4-5 weeks, except for I have tendonitis of all 4 of my rotator cuff muscles on the right shoulder, along with that I have +2 instability of that joint in every direction.
    I had been taking Cissus Rx for a long ime now, which took all my knee pain away, however it has not been helping with my shoulder.
    Aside from the baseline stuff (serious physical therapy, ice, rest, motrin) now I am also taking animal flex and am waiting for a bottle of CL Blue Gene (I received one about 2 weeks ago which was opened and am still waiting for a replacement from BB).

If the above do not help, your doctor can locally inject steroids into the joint, which would bathe the ligament and decrease the inflammation and therefore the pain it creates.

good luck
    *US Army Medical Corps*

Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    Cissus + joint force
    What's joint force?

NotReal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotReal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotReal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotReal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotReal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotReal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotReal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotReal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotReal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotReal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NotReal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Much like Curve said, I take Glucosamine & Chondroitin as it is stated in my sig. Also I use Tiger Balm Ultra.
    Corporal of Marines

Dymatize ISO-100 Protein-----XF UP 2.0
    White Flood-----DS LX
    AllMax MCM-----CL GG
    Pump-Bol-----SNS B-A
    Orange Triad-----SNS Agmatine
    PsyKO
    ON Fish Oil Caps

Original Registration Sept. 2007. (Fail at remembering BS password, fail harder at remembering associated email password.)

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP try my castor oil joint repair .. the is a link in my siggy, see how its done for cheap !!

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Honestly guys joint supplements are not going to help inflammation in a muscle. Yes there are some ingredients in Animal Flex that are natural anti-inflammatory but I would not blow smoke up your @ss and say it's a cure all.

Find out what is causing the inflammation and get it worked on, deep tissue massage and A.R.T. are some modalities that really help. You may have to change up your exercises and/or avoid certain exercises for a while as well.

Rotator cuff injuries are not fun but they are fixable.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

I tried to squeeze out a few more reps of overhead press. Bad form. So, I ended up with an injury.

My shoulder / rotator cuff never bothered me prior to this injury.

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I tried to squeeze out a few more reps of overhead press. Bad form. So, I ended up with an injury.

My shoulder / rotator cuff never bothered me prior to this injury.
    You should get it checked out by a doctor who understands sports injuries
    Free Agent

Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    You should get it checked out by a doctor who understands sports injuries
    I did. Went to an othropedic surgeon / sports med rehab. After a quick eval he said it was tendonitis of the supraspinatus tendon. From the ROM tests, and my pain description he seemed very confident that it was tendonitis. He didnt even feel that imaging tests were needed.

I did. Went to an othropedic surgeon / sports med rehab. After a quick eval he said it was tendonitis of the supraspinatus tendon. From the ROM tests, and my pain description he seemed very confident that it was tendonitis. He didnt even feel that imaging tests were needed.
    ok, that is a good step, at least you are not guessing what it is. Try some active rest, massage or A.R.T.
    Free Agent

ok, that is a good step, at least you are not guessing what it is. Try some active rest, massage or A.R.T.
    By active rest... Working out but not using the injured muscle/tendon?

What is A.R.T.? Active release something? Like a deep tissue massage?

andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ice 2-4times daiy, use anti-inflams NSAID aswell, topical anti-inflams work well too...keeping the inflamation to a MINIMUM will help heal the tendon, only do pain free movements, do legs/cardiio/abs aswell
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/158620

By active rest... Working out but not using the injured muscle/tendon?

What is A.R.T.? Active release something? Like a deep tissue massage?
    Yes, the old theory was to just rest but injuries heal better with activity and blood flow to the area will help. So do exercises that don't hurt, use pain as your guide. You can and should train your rotator cuff muscles but light, high reps, get blood flow in there.

A.R.T.

http://www.activerelease.com/

It's been a god send for me. I go to a chiro who is ART certified. I had a lot of shoulder problems and didn't even train chest for many years and now I am pain free and even competing in powerlifting contests.
    Free Agent

Originally Posted by andrewwww View Post
    Ice 2-4times daiy, use anti-inflams NSAID aswell, topical anti-inflams work well too...keeping the inflamation to a MINIMUM will help heal the tendon, only do pain free movements, do legs/cardiio/abs aswell
    I wasn't sure on the anti-inflams... I wasn't sure if they interfere with the body's natural healing, but the ortho said inflammation in this case is bad.

As for ice, I'll have to use it more. I've only been icing once or so a day. I've been using heat at night before bed. Heat is good to stimulate blood flow, right? It's not making further inflammation... is it? It feels good to me, so I figure its ok.

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What's joint force?
    Topical relief. Despite what naturalguy said, it DOES reduce inflammation of that area. Epharm joint force.

Joe245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe245 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    glucosamine and rehabbing exercises to heal the tendons back together work well for me , good luck
    -Joe

Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    Topical relief. Despite what naturalguy said, it DOES reduce inflammation of that area. Epharm joint force.
    That is not going to help a rotator cuff muscle
    Free Agent

Just ordered animal flex and supercissus. Gonna give them both a try, for $60 if even helps speed recovery a little it's worth a try. I'm really dying to get back to a real workout. At least a workout that doesn't make me sorry the next day. I worked out with super light weight on Friday, and my shoulder made my weekend miserable.

So, should I take these supps together or stagger them a little... so I know which one helps? I took cissus some months ago, and I didn't really pay attention to it. Probably should have kept a log of how I felt when taking it.

Also, thanks for the info on castor oil... that's and old school method that I had recently heard about being used once again. I think my wife showed it to me on "The Doctors" talk show recently. I'll look into your thread xR1pp3Rx.

Thanks!

fusedx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusedx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusedx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusedx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusedx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusedx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusedx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusedx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    animal pump

Yes, the old theory was to just rest but injuries heal better with activity and blood flow to the area will help. So do exercises that don't hurt, use pain as your guide. You can and should train your rotator cuff muscles but light, high reps, get blood flow in there.

A.R.T.

http://www.activerelease.com/

It's been a god send for me. I go to a chiro who is ART certified. I had a lot of shoulder problems and didn't even train chest for many years and now I am pain free and even competing in powerlifting contests.
    Naturalguy,

Been reading up up on this, and it looks promising. I came across some great how to articles that were clearly made for massage therapist to massage therapist... I also found some articles that tell you how to do self friction massage for tendonitis. After 4 months of wait and rest, this type of massage looks promising. Also, I feel that the pain seems more like its from subscapularis and not the supraspinatus.... based on my pain being more on the front of the shoulder and also sometimes in my right pec too. But I didn't go to medical school, i'm just looking at some pictures of the shoulder anatomy.

So, whaddaya think about self friction massage? Is that along the same lines as what you are recommending?

RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RichL1982 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have the same type od tendonitis, went to a bodybuilder Dr and he gave me the most intense deep tissue massages, then told me to take 20 fish oil and 3 vitamin c daily...it honestly felt better , but the pain was unbearable.

My advice is to look for a good sports doc that has experience with shoulder injuries.

bwbiggs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In my experience, ice is the biggest help for tendonitis. My achilles tendons flare up regularly when I play sports, and I find that icing them (in a tub of ice water) after strenuous activity really helps with symptoms AND prevention.

I've also found that acupuncture can REALLY help with acute symptoms.

And taking oral arnica (from the homeopathic remedies at the health food store) CAN help with the pain, but it's been kind of hit or miss with me (sometimes it helps a lot, sometimes I notice very little effect...also, you have to get the right dose).