Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been using ice... but lately more heat in the evenings before bed. I've used ice after I do the RC exercises. However, I haven't worked out with weights because I'm afraid that something minor could become something major. Pretty much just cardio and bodyweight squats & lunges for the past few months.

howiedewet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) howiedewet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) howiedewet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) howiedewet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) howiedewet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) howiedewet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) howiedewet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) howiedewet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) howiedewet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) howiedewet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) howiedewet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like the same thing I have. Went to doctor when issue happened and she said she thought it was a tear in the tendon. We did an xray and she said "Arthritis". She said "you can do PT, but doubt it will help for that", so didn't go.

Fast forward a few months and still happening. I went back to doctor yesterday and got different person in the office. He walked in and said "def. not arthritis". He did a few things and confirmed tendonitis. Have to begin PT and see what happens. I've taken Glucosamine/Chondroitin, Cissus, Fats (Orange Oximega), and vitamins (Orange Triad) and none of it gives any relief.

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tylan View Post
    Naturalguy,

Been reading up up on this, and it looks promising. I came across some great how to articles that were clearly made for massage therapist to massage therapist... I also found some articles that tell you how to do self friction massage for tendonitis. After 4 months of wait and rest, this type of massage looks promising. Also, I feel that the pain seems more like its from subscapularis and not the supraspinatus.... based on my pain being more on the front of the shoulder and also sometimes in my right pec too. But I didn't go to medical school, i'm just looking at some pictures of the shoulder anatomy.

So, whaddaya think about self friction massage? Is that along the same lines as what you are recommending?
    I like it. Massage is great as it gets blood flow through the area.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    Honestly guys joint supplements are not going to help inflammation in a muscle. Yes there are some ingredients in Animal Flex that are natural anti-inflammatory but I would not blow smoke up your @ss and say it's a cure all.

Find out what is causing the inflammation and get it worked on, deep tissue massage and A.R.T. are some modalities that really help. You may have to change up your exercises and/or avoid certain exercises for a while as well.

Rotator cuff injuries are not fun but they are fixable.
    Naturalguy is spot on here...as usual.

Soft tissue injuries need treatment and practically all OTC supplement do little if anything at all when you have a persistent injury. Some supplements can help with prevention in that they help "lubricate" the joint and help control minor inflammation, but once the inflammation has progressed to tendonitis level issues, then supplements aren't going to help much.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10) tylan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think what you guys are saying about the supplements makes perfect sense. At this point I just want to put everything in my favor that I can. I realize that these supps may not do much... But I feel like they can't hurt.

I'm going to try this "self friction massage" again and also put a call into the chiro near my house that does A.R.T.

Heck, I'm even trying the castor oil pack thing.

I just want to get back to strength training... Desperately.

At four months since an injury... Is this now chronic? Or normal for a tendon injury?

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Tendon injuries can take a very long time to heal especially if you haven't been treating it properly.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Well at least I can say that I have been resting it and doing my RC exercises.

I'm thinking that I can go back to limited strength training with exercises that dont put much strain on that RC tendon... such as db rows or db squats... But I really want to be cautious.
    Last edited by tylan; 06-19-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyruul will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rest. Heat. Ice. Animal Flex. Multi . Fish Oil . High rep, low weight exercises.

Just went to the Chiro that is A.R.T. certified. Very cool. He worked my shoulder over pretty good. I like the Dr. and the treatment. Thanks for recommending A.R.T.!

JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JH34PG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    one of the best (and worst) things of living with a girlfriend are total body massages
    Here to help!

Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JH34PG View Post
    one of the best (and worst) things of living with a girlfriend are total body massages
    So lucky..

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just went to the Chiro that is A.R.T. certified. Very cool. He worked my shoulder over pretty good. I like the Dr. and the treatment. Thanks for recommending A.R.T.!
    That is awesome. Let us know how it goes.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    That is awesome. Let us know how it goes.
    I've had 7 treatments so far with A.R.T.... I'm a believer. The first four treatments really hurt me good. The biggest problem I have is the pec pain near my armpit. My chiro says this is compensatory pain, and that its normal. He's cleared me to lift whatever I want, and only told me no behind the head/neck stuff and to not go below 90 degrees on my bench and shoulder presses. I've worked out and I'm feeling good. Feeling weak, but that will resolve after a few weeks.

I do have one question, should I bother continuing with Animal Flex and the Cissus? Or just assume that they didn't really help? I'm coming up on 30 days with each, and I'm debating whether or not to re-order them.

I think I've already repped you naturalguy, but thanks again for the info on A.R.T.!

I've had 7 treatments so far with A.R.T.... I'm a believer. The first four treatments really hurt me good. The biggest problem I have is the pec pain near my armpit. My chiro says this is compensatory pain, and that its normal. He's cleared me to lift whatever I want, and only told me no behind the head/neck stuff and to not go below 90 degrees on my bench and shoulder presses. I've worked out and I'm feeling good. Feeling weak, but that will resolve after a few weeks.

I do have one question, should I bother continuing with Animal Flex and the Cissus? Or just assume that they didn't really help? I'm coming up on 30 days with each, and I'm debating whether or not to re-order them.

I think I've already repped you naturalguy, but thanks again for the info on A.R.T.!
    Consider products like Animal Flex more along the lines of "preventative maintenance" - once you have an issue, typically more aggressive treatment is needed, but proper joint maintenance can help prevent the arising of issues in the first place.

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    Consider products like Animal Flex more along the lines of "preventative maintenance" - once you have an issue, typically more aggressive treatment is needed, but proper joint maintenance can help prevent the arising of issues in the first place.
    I appreciate the time you took to respond, but I'm not sure if you are for or against continuing these supplements. I think you were voting against...maybe... lol

I'm thinking since I have no other joint problems, and no history of joint problem... i'm probably not going to re-order them.

I appreciate the time you took to respond, but I'm not sure if you are for or against continuing these supplements. I think you were voting against...maybe... lol

I'm thinking since I have no other joint problems, and no history of joint problem... i'm probably not going to re-order them.
    Considering that joint injuries are probably the most common and stubborn training injuries, any money spent in preventative maintenance is money well spent.

tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tacticalreload is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    Tendon injuries can take a very long time to heal especially if you haven't been treating it properly.
    Yeah I got levaquin-induced tendonitis (golfer's elbow) in both arms Oct. 2010, and it's now starting to feel really good. I did use Glucosamine with MSM during the rough months and didn't even lift at all from Jan. to Mar. of this year. Thank God I'm getting back to normal.

Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bobby45512 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if anyone is considering cortisone please don't. There are better options out there and i would even recommend surgery over cortisone which i chose for my labrum. While the doctor repaired my labrum he also helped fix some of the tendonitis and removed scar tissue in the area. Very nice of him

Amphibious Green Phaggot GodMadeDirt's Avatar
    GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000) GodMadeDirt is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ClearCURVE View Post
    as you may know already
    Tendonitis is a inflammation of the tendons--muscle-to-bone connectors. A person can have tendonitis in any number of joints, but it is most common in the rotator cuff (shoulder), elbows and knees. There are certain supplements that people can take to heal tendonitis. Some of them are vitamins and minerals. Others have been specifically developed in recent years to treat tendonitis and arthritis for the aging population.

Considerations
    Some people believe that an overgrowth of candida albicans can cause chronic joint pain, including tendonitis. This fungus lives naturally in the body, but an overuse of antibiotics, corticosteroids, poor diet and stress can spur its growth. If left untreated, fungal toxins can enter the cells and organs and cause inflammation. People who have tendonitis from this condition may need to use yeast-killing supplements such as garlic, virgin coconut oil, Paul d'Arco tea (an herb) and cayenne pepper. Probiotics or "friendly" bacteria can replenish a natural bacteria. The extra bacteria can help fight candida overgrowth and ultimately heal a tendinitis flare-up.

Types of Vitamin and Mineral Supplements
    Antioxidants such as vitamin A and C have anti-inflammatory properties for healing tendonitis. Both vitamins help rid the body of unhealthy cells containing fungus, parasites and toxins, which can cause inflammation. Vitamin C is known to stimulate collagen, a protein, which supports tissues and joints. Bioflavonoids, sometimes called vitamin P, help the body absorb vitamin C and can be used in conjunction with this vitamin in healing tendonitis. Vitamin B12 injections are sometimes given to people with tendonitis for reducing inflammation, alleviating pain, and healing. Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxant. This mineral can be used for reducing inflammation and can foster the healing process of tendonitis in the knee, shoulder or elbow.

Other Types of Supplements
    Glucosamine is a supplement that can reduce inflammation in tendons such as the rotator cuff. This enables the tendons more freedom of movement between joint bones. Chondroitin is often used with Glucosamine in supplements for both tendonitis and arthritis. St. John's Wort, an herb, is effective in calming nerves associated with tendonitis pain. Bromelain is an enzyme supplement that can reduce swelling in joints and foster the healing process of tendonitis. And certain fatty acids like GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) from evening primrose oil can provide lubrication to the synovial fluids
    Time Frame

There is no time frame for taking supplements to heal tendonitis. The important thing is to stay on the supplement and get it flowing in the blood stream consistently. There is a greater chance of getting over tendonitis faster if a combination of supplements is used
    All plagiarized: http://www.ehow.com/about_5510246_su...endonitis.html

Originally Posted by Bobby45512 View Post
    if anyone is considering cortisone please don't. There are better options out there and i would even recommend surgery over cortisone which i chose for my labrum. While the doctor repaired my labrum he also helped fix some of the tendonitis and removed scar tissue in the area. Very nice of him
    Why wouldn't someone try this first? I have shots in my spine and it's been months since any real pain (knock on wood). Viable first steep in the healing process IMO

With one month passed while being on both SuperCissus RX and Animal Flex.... Would I know by now if they've helped?

I don't feel like they've done anything special, or what they did do is minor. To shell out $50 plus S&H each month, I wish I had a better gut feeling. I'm hate to stop in the event that they have helped... I don't want to have to go through the loading phase all over again if I decide to quit them.

ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ptrmull is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Rotator cuff and tennis elbow are way different. My elbow hurts all the time no mstter what. Alot due to job. 23 yrs clipping tickets onboard trsins. Some days cant shake hands.
    Both achilles hurts 24/7too. Ice helps at times but never heals.

TNNSplayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've have had an injured shoulder for about 4 months. Its getting better with lots of rest, ice, and heat, but I finally went to the ortho. He said that I have supraspinatus tendonitis.

Early on in the injury I tried some Move Free Glucosamine, and I also tried USP Labs SuperCissus Rx. I'm currently daily taking fish oil, and optimen multi. I really wasn't impressed with the Glucosasmine or the Cissus. Was one bottle not long enough to know? Or is there something better out there? Or are supplements a waste of money on this type of injury?

Thanks
    I would say YES to your question "is there something better out there". Check out Pakium Nutrition's Total Joint Formula. This is probably the only supplement that has ever helped my joint problems. I use it when my joints take a beating from workouts or tennis. After I start to feel better, I tend to take a break from using it until I feel I need it again. If you want to know why your other glucosamine supplement didn't help you, take a look at the "What is MOVE" page on the Pakium Nutrition website. I found the science review behind the supplement very informative.